+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: 5/12 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Regular

Re: 5/12 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by tgir22;2992048;
    It shows that Chelsea (Miss independent) is not a lady. Yes she did get hurt but knowing the strong feelings he had for Shayne she could have taken a more graceful approach. As an example Amanda was really mad but she never said a negative comment about the final 2 remaining.. Kudos to Matt for defending his little monkey. Chelsea even said on camera that her relationships always fail. Maybe she's the one that is "fake" and men see right through her.

If people think this was the only season that was edited then that's sad. When you sign a contract you give up your right to make all the decisions.

I'm happy about the ending and he chose the right person.
    JMO -- I think when there are six or so girls left in the competition, the exits get harder and harder because there is an emotional investment. I think the all time champion of the classy lady exit is Noelle. She took it on the chin, didn't speak badly about anyone else and rode off into the sunset. I hope there's a great man who appreciates the great woman she is waiting to make their dreams come true together.

People tend to think rednecks are in the South, but they are everywhere. And I didn't say she was redneck, my husband did! I have been to Colorado and didn't run into many, but just b/c it's liberal doesn't mean they aren't there. I thought Chelsea had substance, but I don't think she should have thrown Shayne under the bus.

Oh, and I seem to recall her calling him lovey-dovey names, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tgir22;2992048;
    It shows that Chelsea (Miss independent) is not a lady. Yes she did get hurt but knowing the strong feelings he had for Shayne she could have taken a more graceful approach. As an example Amanda was really mad but she never said a negative comment about the final 2 remaining.. Kudos to Matt for defending his little monkey. Chelsea even said on camera that her relationships always fail. Maybe she's the one that is "fake" and men see right through her.

If people think this was the only season that was edited then that's sad. When you sign a contract you give up your right to make all the decisions.

I'm happy about the ending and he chose the right person.
    Oh, but Shayne did say negative things about others during the show. She made fun of Ashlee and her singing during the tennis date, she also mocked Robin and did an impersonation of her talking about her parent's tea maker (also on the tennis date)... that got quite a few laughs from the other ladies so she did it just to get a laugh at the expense of someone else (hmmm, who else does that?). She also was disrespectful of he Hollywood Square hand prints that Matt and Holly made on their one on one date when it was delivered to the house... she was part of that group that threw the note on the ground all while saying that Matt does NOT love Holly... What if Holly wanted to save that note as a memory of her experience on the show? So Shayne was not so innocent during the show herself...

Chelsea was devastated and stated how she felt. I think if anything she should have let him have it even more...
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

FORT Newbie

Chelsea was devastated and stated how she felt. I think if anything she should have let him have it even more...[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine what was left on the cutting room floor?..The thought is titillating

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by maggiehuck;2992216;
    JMO -- I think when there are six or so girls left in the competition, the exits get harder and harder because there is an emotional investment. I think the all time champion of the classy lady exit is Noelle. She took it on the chin, didn't speak badly about anyone else and rode off into the sunset. I hope there's a great man who appreciates the great woman she is waiting to make their dreams come true together.
    I agree with you only to the extent that the departures were harder beginning with the F3 because of all that "required physical intimacy" and the subequent emotional investment.

As I mentioned in an earlier post of mine, those who were able to make a "classy exit" were the one who invested very little to none in this process, and I would include Noelle among them. In fact, in her Myspace page, she said that there was no heart broken there and was able to start cracking jokes 10 minutes after getting off the limo. What a healthy attitude toward this whole thing. Marshana was another one, who was able to exit with relative ease and humor.

Quote Originally Posted by sketchgrrl;2991616;
    Am I the only one wondering why Shayne and Matt aren't on any of the TV news shows this morning? I would think that The Bachelor wants to capitalize on their love story to promote the show. Could it be that Shayne and Matt want privacy? But does that make sense, considering they were open enough to be on The Bachelor to begin with? I hope the fact that they're not on TV today as a follow up isn't a sign that things are not good with their relationship. I mean, I'm rooting for them to be happy.
    I think the media has Bachelor fatigue and we won't be seeing any more 'happy' couples unless there is another actual marriage. The Biggest Loser has had more marriages in far fewer seasons than the Bachelor. If Deanna ends up engaged, that could be an exception as she has the interesting back story with Brad. Otherwise, I think talk show booking hosts are blowing off Bachelor publicists big time.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sketchgrrl;2991616;
    Am I the only one wondering why Shayne and Matt aren't on any of the TV news shows this morning? I would think that The Bachelor wants to capitalize on their love story to promote the show. Could it be that Shayne and Matt want privacy? But does that make sense, considering they were open enough to be on The Bachelor to begin with? I hope the fact that they're not on TV today as a follow up isn't a sign that things are not good with their relationship. I mean, I'm rooting for them to be happy.
    I believe the answer is more mundane than what you have described.

According to Nielsen fresh out of the oven, the "most romantic" finale had a rating of only 5 where below 7 would've been considered dangerous ground for the survival of any prime time programs. The huge promo for the bachelorette that nearly overshadowed the "proposal" segment. No appearances on any of the ABC affiliated talk show (other than DWTS). And, finally, the show had been consistently condensed to a 50-minute format.

When putting all these facts together, I think we can all draw our own conclusion as to the thinking of the network top brass who actually controls the type of decisions on what you've asked.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff90210;2990709;
    Why does everybody think that this was a publicity stunt? Maybe she was picked to be on the show because of the connection with Fleiss, but to actually think that they planned for him to pick her and propose. I mean why would Matt do that? There was obviously a connection with Shayne. You can only edit so much.
    1. Fleiss is a scumbag, but a wiley one.
    2. On paper Matt and Shayne make no sense.
    3. Even his brother said she wasn't Matt's type.
    4. She is dumb as a post.
    5. He calls her "monkey"; not sweetheart or honey or babe
    6. He admitted to being more physically attracted to Chelsea.
    7. He is comfortable with her - no tension/no true attraction based on the length of their "courtship"

I could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2992307;
    So Shayne was not so innocent during the show herself...

I agree that she wasn't innocent. Women in the presence of competition against other women is not a pretty sight. I doubt that she ever said anything bad to Matt about one of the other girls not that we saw anyway..

Chelsea was devastated and stated how she felt. I think if anything she should have let him have it even more...
    Of course I would be devasted and I would have let him have it 10 times more but I wouldn't have at that moment called the woman he's going to propose to the "falsest" person there and to say she didn't deserve to be up against her that's pretty low.

Oh well that's just me... On the other hand, Deanna is a true lady and very classy. I can't wait for next Monday!!

[QUOTE=scoobie;2992515;]According to Nielsen fresh out of the oven, the "most romantic" finale had a rating of only 5 where below 7 would've been considered dangerous ground for the survival of any prime time programs.

I'm not sure what Nielsen fresh out of the oven is and just googled it and couldn't find it. This is what zap2it.com has for last night's ratings:
    "The Bachelor: London Calling posted a 6.4/11 for ABC." The second number is the share of the audience and the ratings number is the first number. While they are significantly below the ratings and share numbers for DWTS, they are about where the Bachelor has been, ratings-wise, for several seasons.

These ratings are also far higher than any talk show, with the possible exception of Oprah, so I don't think ratings is the driving factor with the lack of media interest, I think it's fatigue with the show's lack of results, ie, lasting relationships.

The Bachelor is an incredibly cheap show to produce and--unless the share number (as in share of the audience--the second number) consistently drops below 8, I think we'll have many more seasons of the Bachelor.

+ Reply to Thread