+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: 5/12 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/12 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2991550;
    Is anyone else DYING to see ABC do a special with Matt and Shayne? The Bachelor: London Calling - The Grant and Lamas Families Meet
    Can you imagine Matt's parents walking in to Shayne's mother's house? With all that animal print and pink everywhere. Or, the shock on Matt's parent's face when the mother comes to their home in London? Talk about opposites! Too funny!
    How do we find out if Matt and Shayne are still a couple?

Quote Originally Posted by maggiehuck;2990465;
    Well, I must be a cheesehead because I loved the proposal and what he said to her leading up to it and the exuberance after. I heard him say, "Monkey, will you marry me?" instead of "Will you marry me Monkey?" Either way, I feel like it was a personal thing between the two of them.

My only objection is that he told everyone watching that she's a great lover when he listed her attributes. I'm sure that had some of their family members cringing.

Also, I'm wondering if there's been no AFR announced because of his father's health. I recall reading somewhere that they rushed to London because of a family emergency.
    Well, he was in the audience of Dancing with the Stars last night, so I doubt that it was TOO big of an emergency.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MayBaby;2991492;
    Good morning, FORTers!
    [p.s. may I say, bee stung lips, I thought your avatar is the most!! hilarious I've ever seen!] too cool.
    Thanks!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Follower

I'm so glad that some on this post are Shayne fans too! None of us know if this relationship will pan out or not, but I definitely feel it was genuine and that Shayne was not under contract to be F1/F2. I was never enamored with Matt (like I was with Brad!!) but his ability to stand up to Chelsea after she slammed Shayne really fueled a new respect for him. I am glad he was able to stand up not only for the woman he was about to propose to, but also for himself and his own character. As far as the "monkey" comments, I thought it was endearing and showed us a little bit of what part of editing might have taken out about them growing comfortably in love together. I loved Matt's family and I hope that their opinions are right and that Shayne and Matt will be very happy together for years to come! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo12;2991974;
    I'm so glad that some on this post are Shayne fans too! None of us know if this relationship will pan out or not, but I definitely feel it was genuine and that Shayne was not under contract to be F1/F2. I was never enamored with Matt (like I was with Brad!!) but his ability to stand up to Chelsea after she slammed Shayne really fueled a new respect for him. I am glad he was able to stand up not only for the woman he was about to propose to, but also for himself and his own character. As far as the "monkey" comments, I thought it was endearing and showed us a little bit of what part of editing might have taken out about them growing comfortably in love together. I loved Matt's family and I hope that their opinions are right and that Shayne and Matt will be very happy together for years to come! Congrats!
    flamingo12-thanks for posting this-i felt the same way

I'm thankful that the Shayne Lamas Show is over. What a cheesefest, most romantic? Hardly. Most scripted and fake is more like it.

I think I would have bought the romance more if the women all had a level playing field, but since they didn't I just can't see anything but a scripted, cheeseball, fake ending. I wanted to hurl things at the telly after hearing her screeching and squeaky voice.

Thankfully we get DeDe next week!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I've watched most of them and I honestly think that this one has a chance. We'll see, but I like the girl. I really do.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by smartycat;2991283;
    How does it show Chelsea's true character? She just had her heart broken and to add insult to injury, he dumped her for Shayne (who a lot of people thought was fake). I was glad she called him out on it. I think it was an honest moment of hurt and disbelief and not that Chlesea is truely a bitter harpie.
    It shows that Chelsea (Miss independent) is not a lady. Yes she did get hurt but knowing the strong feelings he had for Shayne she could have taken a more graceful approach. As an example Amanda was really mad but she never said a negative comment about the final 2 remaining.. Kudos to Matt for defending his little monkey. Chelsea even said on camera that her relationships always fail. Maybe she's the one that is "fake" and men see right through her.

If people think this was the only season that was edited then that's sad. When you sign a contract you give up your right to make all the decisions.

I'm happy about the ending and he chose the right person.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tgir22;2992048;
    Chelsea even said on camera that her relationships always fail.
    That is true of pretty much every single person on the show. They all came in to it single. So unless any of them had never ever been in a relationship, then ALL of them have always been in relationships that fail. I don't think that says anything about Chelsea. It's just confirmation of the reality that it takes different people different amounts of time to find a person that a long term relationship works with.

I think that upon being dumped on a show like this, a graceful "head held high" exit can really say a lot about character, but I'm not so sure that I think the converse is true - that a negative vengeful exit says a lot about character. We can't forget that the producers are pushing for drama and outspoken behavior. They're pushing and pushing for the participants to be as emotional as they can possibly push them to be. When they fall in to that, I don't think that's a sign of how they respond under pressure / dissapointment all the time. It's a dramatic emotional moment for a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2992069;
    That is true of pretty much every single person on the show. They all came in to it single. So unless any of them had never ever been in a relationship, then ALL of them have always been in relationships that fail. I don't think that says anything about Chelsea. It's just confirmation of the reality that it takes different people different amounts of time to find a person that a long term relationship works with.

I think that upon being dumped on a show like this, a graceful "head held high" exit can really say a lot about character, but I'm not so sure that I think the converse is true - that a negative vengeful exit says a lot about character. We can't forget that the producers are pushing for drama and outspoken behavior. They're pushing and pushing for the participants to be as emotional as they can possibly push them to be. When they fall in to that, I don't think that's a sign of how they respond under pressure / dissapointment all the time. It's a dramatic emotional moment for a show.
    To be more specific she said that her relationships have been let down after let down after let down. I have had relationships fail but that doesn't mean I'm sad about it. It's made me who I am today. Maybe by the time she's ready to commit/move to the next level the guy has already moved on/detached. And then she says Matt is a fool.. for what following his heart? I agree TPTB encourage a dramatic exit but be mad at him for not choosing you not at the girl he did choose.

I think Matt & Shayne will make it work and did fall in love at first sight. My husband and I did. I would have married him a month after I met him...

+ Reply to Thread