+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: 5/12 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/12 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

[QUOTE=dizfan;2991477;]Before last night's show I thought it was Shayne, but when Matt had the final date with Chelsea I KNEW it. Did anyone else notice when they were kissing at her door, they move out into the hall and the door started to close. Matt reaches out to catch the door and to me, he looks annoyed - kinda like, "Don't let that door close with us out here - you need to get back in that room." He didn't look caught up in the moment with Chelsea. In fact, quite the opposite. Did anyone else notice that? ...QUOTE]

p.s. dizfan I just read your post and I thought the same thing at the same moment while watching that ... I felt bad for her.
    "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth..."

Personally i think Fliess gave us what he thought we wanted (a love story) and he failed because it was so cheeesy. I imagine his intentions were there but then he realised the all to obvious, Shayne was/is in love with Matt but she isnt the stereotypical type of Bachelorette that makes it til the end. He put all his energy into editing her to look as best as he can and he did a good job but like us Fliess knew he would have hard time convincing us this romance was the real deal. This is supported by him going 'damn' and thrusting dee's season upon us.

I am not a big Shayne fan but i do wish them all the happiness, i hope that they will stand the test of time and prove Fliess and most of us wrong. We will have to see
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Fogey

Is anyone else DYING to see ABC do a special with Matt and Shayne? The Bachelor: London Calling - The Grant and Lamas Families Meet

Quote Originally Posted by lanatunes;2991444;
    I loved the finale. I saw the way Matt just ate that girl up with his eyes from the very first. I also think its a shame that people have been so mean because she has chosen acting as her profession. Obviously she has been working at it since she was a kid. It's in her blood. And it is not like her family commections have done her much good. And think about it she could have wound up like Paris Hilton, just another Hollywood "HO". And Hilty had both parents at home too!

You know I am a "california blonde" from Hollywood no less and now as I am older I can tell you it has been a royal pain to be treated badly just because I looked good. Good looks are a blessing and a curse. First people assume you are stupid then they feel betrayed and sometimes downright hostile when it turns out you are not.

Anyone looking at this girl can only say a few things: she is very pretty, fashionable, unapologetic about who she is, plays it a bit for laughs and seems to really love the guy.

She is aware of how bad, a bad marriage can be, thanks to her parents, so I think she will work harder at making her marriage work.

Look guys, she is just 22 years old. She put herself out there because maybe, just maybe she wanted her own family. I can vouch for the fact that sometimes the prettiest girl in the room is sometimes also the lonliest. Give her a break.

I really hold good thoughts for them. I think they are lucky to have found each other in such a messed uo world and in such a goofy way to boot.

Hey welcome! I am a new poster her too and have found it refreshing that we can state our opinions and it's ok, unlike other boards I have posted on.
    I totally agree with you about Matt and Shayne on all the points above and absolutely love this couple and am thankful to ABC for letting us be a part of the fairy tale . I sincerely hope this sweet couple beats the odds and makes a go of it. I would love nothing more than to pick up a People magazine in a few years and see them with a beautiful baby in their arms.As far as them not lasting, relationships are hard and many fail,so it would not be so unusual to hear later that they have split. I sincerely hope that is not the case, I hope they stay together!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2991550;
    Is anyone else DYING to see ABC do a special with Matt and Shayne? The Bachelor: London Calling - The Grant and Lamas Families Meet

That would be a hoot!!!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2991550;
    That would be a show in and of itself. I'd watch for damn sure!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cubbiegirl;2991570;
    Hey welcome! I am a new poster her too and have found it refreshing that we can state our opinions and it's ok, unlike other boards I have posted on.
    I totally agree with you about Matt and Shayne on all the points above and absolutely love this couple and am thankful to ABC for letting us be a part of the fairy tale . I sincerely hope this sweet couple beats the odds and makes a go of it. I would love nothing more than to pick up a People magazine in a few years and see them with a beautiful baby in their arms.As far as them not lasting, relationships are hard and many fail,so it would not be so unusual to hear later that they have split. I sincerely hope that is not the case, I hope they stay together!!!!
    It would really surprise me if they last as a couple, but that has nothing to do with Shayne's character. At the beginning of the show, I was completely turned off by her, because I thought she fed in to many of the blonde/actress/hollywood kid stereotypes. But the more they showed of her, the more it seemed like all of that was an exterior shell that did not reflect the person inside. I was first really impressed with Shayne and the way she conducted herself with the other women. She was certainly not a pushover or a wimp, but seemed to enjoy a bond with many of them. The first example that really comes to mind was the episode where the rude chick with the short dark hair who was from Michigan already had a rose, but was taking Matt away from other women. Shayne, who also already had a rose, was the one who gathered a few women together to go out and break the two of them up -- not to get Matt for herself, but to help out the other women who still didn't have roses.

At that point, she still bothered me some because she seemed very self-involved and stupid enough to think Matt shouldn't be spending time with the other women. But from the ski trip on, she really showed that she had a sense of humor about herself -- that she could really laugh at herself, and knew what her shortcomings are. Once i had seen those sides of Shayne, she won me over.

I don't think they'll last, because I still don't think they have a great deal in common. Their backgrounds are VERY different. If Shayne were so ready to break away from her families broken family traditons that she was ready to walk away from the acting / Hollywood traditions too, I may have a different point of view. But I have a feeling that as they spend time togther, they're realize that as strong as their attraction is, and as much as they genuinely like each other, their core values are differnt enough that it would not work out. I think they're both likely good people, but perhaps not good together. I totally understand why Matt picked her, but I think they've got more in common with Andrew and Jen than they do with Trista and Ryan.

I like that Chelsea spoke her mind and I still think she would be a wonderful bachelorette. I don't think this was a set up and I think that if Chelsea would have opened up on the sled date I think she might have been the one. Matt and Shayne had a very early connection. Like Chelsea said she didn't want to open up so soon, she wanted it to be real. Unfortunately it was too late he was already taken with Shayne.

As for the I am falling in love with you, I really hope that some of that conversation was edited out because. YIKES!!!! But he said it again at the FRC and she nodded in agreement so I am fairly confident that there was much edited out of that conversation.

I wish there was an After show and I am thinking the only reason is DWTS is doing better in ratings and the fans haven't been there this year. They are damed if they do and damed if they dont.

Am I the only one wondering why Shayne and Matt aren't on any of the TV news shows this morning? I would think that The Bachelor wants to capitalize on their love story to promote the show. Could it be that Shayne and Matt want privacy? But does that make sense, considering they were open enough to be on The Bachelor to begin with? I hope the fact that they're not on TV today as a follow up isn't a sign that things are not good with their relationship. I mean, I'm rooting for them to be happy.

I don't think that TPTB got the "back on board" response from this season, for whatever folks perceptions and reasons are. Hence, not the typical media circus. While many folks are pleased as punch with the finale, and many wish them well, some, perhaps many as well smelled a rat, saw a rat while watching, and frankly don't care to propogate the rat species.
    No disrespect intended, just an outside look at the reactions and responses to the show, and reactions to the premonitions posted from a few who leaked information early on.

Best of luck to the couple. Godspeed.

+ Reply to Thread