Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Submit your idea to improve The Bachelor/bachelorette

FORT Newbie

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;2999585;
    How can we know that a "non-white" man has applied to be the bachelor? We don't know that. We also don't know if any "non-white" women have applied to be the bachelorette. I suggest that if you have someone in mind who would make a terrific bachelor and that same man would agree to go on the show that you send his name, pics and bio for consideration to the casting company that they use.
    As a former employee of the network, I can most assuredly tell you that the issue is NOT that non-white men haven't applied. The issue is they are NOT selected. THEREIN IS THE REAL PROBLEM. It's called cultural bias. It's pervasive across the entire entertainment industry.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DeePeee;2999546;
    My final thought on the show is this:

We have a presumptive Democratic nominee for the Presidential election who is of mixed race. How is it that after all these seasons of the Bachelor we have YET to see an Asian, Latino, Native American or Black man for that matter as the Bachelor. I resent Mike Fleiss and company for underestimating the American viewing audience. Surely, if people around this country can get behind a man of mixed race or a woman for President, surely this show could select a NON-WHITE man as its Bachelor!!

That's my final thought. Thank you and good nite. (ha!)
    Dain Blanton, an African American professional beach volleyball player, with an Olympic gold medal, was shown as a finalist during the opening scenes of Season 3 of The Bachelor .

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SBTiger66;2999916;

Dain Blanton, an African American professional beach volleyball player, with an Olympic gold medal, was shown as a finalist during the opening scenes of Season 3 of The Bachelor .
    But he still was NOT selected and that was NINE seasons ago.

There's been 12 editions of the show. It's time Mike Fliess and the network retire their cultural bias and select a candidate who is not Caucasian.

All I'm asking for is a little variety. They play by the same playbook every year even when selecting the women. Just as American Idol's ratings are starting to tank, The Bachelor is going to need to breathe NEW life into the show.

It bears repeating: if the presumptive nominee of the Democratic party for the Presidential election can be a man of mixed race, there is absolutely no reason why a simple reality TV show can't select a bachelor who is not Caucasian.

Re: Submit your idea to improve The Bachelor/bachelorette

Force all of the producers to watch Outback Jack. Twice. Then have Bruce Nash give them a 4 hour production clinic on how to create a reality dating show. They need a professional development seminar. It's not brain surgery. But they have to want to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by DeePeee;3000313;
    But he still was NOT selected and that was NINE seasons ago.

There's been 12 editions of the show. It's time Mike Fliess and the network retire their cultural bias and select a candidate who is not Caucasian.

All I'm asking for is a little variety. They play by the same playbook every year even when selecting the women. Just as American Idol's ratings are starting to tank, The Bachelor is going to need to breathe NEW life into the show.

It bears repeating: if the presumptive nominee of the Democratic party for the Presidential election can be a man of mixed race, there is absolutely no reason why a simple reality TV show can't select a bachelor who is not Caucasian.
    I agree that there should be more variety. I am a white woman but I'm not really attracted to white men. There are white men (such as Matt) that I find attractive but I'm really prefer Mexican or Hispanic men if I'm being honest. I have dated a Filipino man as well. Skin color doesn't really matter that much to me so I would really date any race of men. Listen to myself! I would date any race of men. That's so stupid! I really hate that term race because we're really all the same race. I should really say that I am open to different cultures instead.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

OMG! Can we improve the FORT Bachelor & Bachelorette boards? The threads are all over the place! HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;3002861;
    OMG! Can we improve the FORT Bachelor & Bachelorette boards? The threads are all over the place! HELP!
    I would agree with that as well. The ANTM are a bear to go through as well. Maybe just organize it by seasons would be helpful.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Newbie

I've been thinking about possible Bachelor improvements, so seeing this thread, I decided to register. First of all, the Bachelor format with the emphasis on showing drama is not conducive to find lasting matches.

If they stick with the basic format, it would be better if they would have the bachelor spend a little more time with the original group of girls, say a day, and then narrow it down to a smaller number (five to seven, perhaps) right after. If they really want a good match and a more lasting outcome, they would dispense with the ceremonies and let the bachelor eliminate the remaining bachelorettes at his own pace. He could have alone time with them in lieu of formal fantasy dates, which often result in negative feelings after the show is over, both among the chosen one and the rejected. They could keep the home town dates. Adopting these changes would reduce drama, but reduce the hurt felt by the F2 and others, and even the F1 on occasion.

Another problem is that the Bachelor finds his favorite out of 25 girls, but is he necessarily a good match for the F1?
    It would be better to have an equal number of men and women. Every few days the men would vote off a woman, and vice versa. When a couple think they are right for each other, they could either remain on the show and date exclusively, or depart together. New singles could be added to replace those voted off or departing. This would have to be on USA or some other cable channel because there wouldn't be a single final event.

I'm glad my post has made someone join

I have been watching the Deanna show and they have got this, what i thought was new, looking at pictures and discussing them. I do not like this element however i do like the idea od video diaries, and i like the 2 hour shows. I feel like we know the bachelors a lot more.

In some ways it would be good to make the previews less obvious, but that would make the sleuthers angry.

I also think giving one of the jilted contestants a chance to come back may provide fun viewing.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

1. More Bachelorette shows and less Bachelor. Let's face it... more women watch this show than men so why in the heck would we want to watch bikini clad women swoon over a guy? We would rather see 6 pack abs swooning over one lucky woman!

2. In Season 1, they bachelorettes made videos that were played for the bachelor prior to the rose ceremony. I liked that.

3. Keep the 2 hour episodes! It's great to see more of what's happening. Having it all crammed into 1 hour seems...well.... crammed!

4. I'd like to see more one on one time with the bach/ettes. The dates are nice, but how do they interact in a non date setting.

5. More behind the scenes stuff. What are the guys/girls doing if they aren't on a date?? I am sure there are some pretty funny things going on!

6. I would love an update show after the season is over.

7. Outakes anyone? I am sure they are pretty funny.

8. Less script, more reality.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast