Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Submit your idea to improve The Bachelor/bachelorette

FORT Regular

Re: Submit your idea to improve The Bachelor/bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;2964066;
    2-hour episodes, more time to get to know the real women, no smoke and mirrors:nono, no big hyped proposals and lots and lots and lots of romance and fun!
    Exactly, just like the good old days. I didn't see Alex but with Aaron, Andrew, Bob ect. ect. at least we got to see a story. Come to think of it I even liked Charlie, it was different but fun.

Seems like we go over this every season

Fleiss never listens. This show is so stale! Geez even Rock of Love has a better format.

Many of the ideas make sense, min ages, YES
    How about taking the first 25, have the bach review their bios and picks and choose 20 before meeting them?

Of the remaining 20 break them down into 4 groups of 5, have small group dinners, with conversation, etc. Yes the show would have to be longer but it would make for more "connection" time.

Change up the format, same old thing, every time

When it gets down to final 4 eliminate hometown dates, rather have the bach spend a weekend with each of the final four alone.

Narrow it to three, then hometown dates, then fantasy (get rid of the stupid card) then parents, friends, etc.

show us the funny times, the laid back moments and have the bachelor live in the same house,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by sewwhat;2967024;
    Maybe start with 25, but those girls live with each other for 3-4 days and the bach just watches them on camera. Then at the first party, he has a better idea of who they are before he meets them and starts eliminating. Think of the footage we would have!
    I love this idea! although the bitches would get sent home early...maybe he sees footage of them just before he goes in to the party?

more ideas...

1) I do like the odd sleuth but how about a live proposal ceremony, unedited, uncensored proposal/rejection.

2)When it does come to an end, or just to revive it have the famous and single bachelors etc back for a series featuring Lorenzo, Bob, Jen, Amanda etc (i don't know how many folk are married/game)

3)Make the FRC more dramatic, i saw this show once where these women waited for their guy to come on a helcopter, some guys didnt turn up. You could have Women wait at their FD locations or something and be 'stood up'

4)As part of guy choosing the women see him viewing their reactions to a fat person/dwarf/homeless person etc......hidden camera average joe stylee.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by sewwhat;2967024;
    I will be really impressed if D gets them to have normal dates.

Maybe even shorter dates but more one on one's early on. I think that some of these combinations of people might have been good together but one of the two doesn't do well in groups and bombs. So then they are gone and the bach never had a chance to realize how good they would have been together. The group dates are so un-normal that I would like to see them do less of that.

Maybe start with 25, but those girls live with each other for 3-4 days and the bach just watches them on camera. Then at the first party, he has a better idea of who they are before he meets them and starts eliminating. Think of the footage we would have!
    I like your ideas, especially if they really want to try to get a successful relationship from this show. You could even go a step further and cast TB first, then involve him in the casting, as in have him view the interviews prior to the show and choose 25 girls that he at least thinks he would like to get to know better. Then, I think its a good idea for TB to see some of the interractions early on to see a different side of the girls.

I do like the idea of more one-on-ones or at least smaller groups, and that the dates should be more down to earth. It doesn't have to be The Bachelor: Simple Life Version, but as others have said, these ridiculously planned and extravagant dates may foster romance, but not so much the lasting kind.

Of course, we would lose some of the snark factor - Stacy and Kelly did provide some memorable moments this season.

I didn't get a chance to read all the replies, so I could be repeating a few thoughts.

I think the Bachelor's friends and family should be involved in the process of choosing the girls in the first place, then they would all at least be contenders.

I also think that 25 is too many to start with as it's too hard to meet that many women in one night and then have to eliminate 10 after a few hours, not fair to TB or the girls.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

yes i think 15 is good to start the show with but not 25, it is alot
    "When you judge others without knowing them,know that you are just judging yourself""

My favorite 2 bachelor seasons were Byron and Charlie. Here are the things i think made these seasons better than the last several

Byron's season

1) the youngest women on this season were 27 or 28. There were no 21 or 22 year olds trying to make us believe they are ready to settle down and get married.

2) Byron didn't live in the house, but he did live on the property. He hung out with the women on a more casual basis a lot. he also got to bring his dog with him.

3) He and the bachelor who wasn't chosen got to watch the women arrive at the house on hidden camera. They had a chance to see how the women interacted with each other. I did not care for the 'choose bachelor A or bachelor B' gimmick though

Charlie's season

1) everything was so much more casual. The dates and interaction seemed very real. I liked how the rose ceremonies were structured where the girls could talk about what was going on before roses were handed out.

2) Dating each of the finalists for a month without the cameras was brilliant. I wish every bachelor had done this. The only drawback was I felt so very bad for the runner up, even though I couldn't stand her

Are Byron and Mary and Charlie and Sarah still together? To me, even is they aren't married, or if they have split up recently and I didn't read about it, both of these seasons were more successful than Lorenzo, Travis, Brad, Blob. These seasons resulted in serious, sincere long term relationships. Maybe they should model future seasons after the seasons that were successful.

I also miss the part where friends or family come in (I think it was when he was down to 10 girls) interviewed the girls, selected solo dates, and gave the Bachelor their opinion

Great ideas, Rockytop!

As I understand it, Charlie and Sarah dated for about 3 years but have now broken up. Byron and Mary are still together, engaged, and supposedly getting married this year, but they have had some major rough patches. I agree, though, these are basically the most successful of the Bachelor series (not counting Trista and Ryan from The Bachelorette).

I thought I had read somewhere about Charlie and Sarah splitting up. I wish it wasn't true. They were so cute together.

I have read the whole thread - some really great thoughts....now if only they would actually see them AND use them. I really do not have anything more to add but things do need to change if this show is going to be around much longer, I do not think TPTB saved it with this season and i am not an expert on TB!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast