Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Submit your idea to improve The Bachelor/bachelorette

Re: Submit your idea to improve The Bachelor/bachelorette

* minimum age on the Bachelorettes -- at least 24
    * minimum age on the series star -- at least 28. Maybe they'll be more mature and we'll get less "playahs". I'd really like to see the main person on The Bachelor at least 30yo. (Shayne is right on this one.)
    * tell us how women (or men) are getting picked for dates
    * leave some mystery to the Fantasy Dates. I liked it better when they shut the doors on the cameras.
    * bring back the friends (or family) to interview the prospects (for the 1-on-1 dates)
    * I wouldn't mind seeing another "spy" among the contestants, with more air time for the spy and star to talk about the contestants
    * no more actors or anyone trying to promote a business for the main person
    * no more zip lines for fantasy dates (3 times already)
    * a community service activity (like in Andy's season) -- at least the show can do something nice for other people ... since they're breaking the hearts of 24
    * PR with smaller ABC stations when casting, so you'll get a wider variety of big city and small town people
    * NO MORE of The Bachelor for a while. The Bachelorettes have a 66% success rate of long-term relationships from the show. (The Bachelor's success rate is 36% - this season not included.)
    Last edited by hotlanta babe; 05-02-2008 at 09:06 PM.

Great thread: we can only hope someone at TB reads this!

I'm okay with the Fantasy Suite: just leave out the sleaze!
    Consider the "Charlie" method and allow the last 2 to date for a month or two.
    Keep the seclusion time to a minimum so they don't have to "lose the feeling" before the final rose is given out on TV.
    More broadcast time: more mini dates 1-2 girls at a time.
    Eliminate the rose or go home when 2 girls are on the date. Maybe the two on that date would have been the last two (ala Andy/Tess/and can't remember her name)
    Stop with the producer favorites: if the bachelor doesn't like them--send them home!
    Sometimes maybe the arbitrary numbers are a bad idea. Let the bachelor have some input. Maybe one week he sends only one home and the next week he sends home 4 after spending more time with them.

A lot of good ideas here! I especially agree with the ideas about the bachelor having more control over the process. You don't necessarily need outrageous storylines-- it might turn out a little more documentaryish without the antics, but I think that could be interesting as well.
    Starting with fewer girls is a good idea. I'd also like to see more realistic dates- maybe the bachelor should plan them out with the producer's approval, or something. Typical real-world first/second dates don't involve fake red carpets... plus, you get more of a sense of what the person's interests/ideas of romance are when he's the one planning the date. I also like dlmom's idea about arbitrarily letting girls go.

Maybe not for all seasons, but it would be an interesting experiment to find 15 girls, and to tell the Bachelor, "Okay, you have 15 girls waiting to meet you, here's your budget, you have six weeks to narrow it down, go." And he'd be responsible for letting women go, making up the dates as far as activities are concerned, deciding who goes on them, etc.

Sorry for any misspellings/lousy grammar-- I left my glasses at my apartment and can't see what I'm typing all that clearly.

The only idea that I have to improve the bachelor/bachelorette shows is too go WITHOUT the drama at the beginning of the season! We don't need it, like it or want it! All I ask is for the love connections/conversations btw the bachelor/bachelorette and the girls/boys to not be edited in any way and to be shown early on instead of the drama.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by antm10wordpress;2964501;
    NO MORE FANTASY SUITES! That aspect of the show creeps me out more than any other... especially when you throw in things like Chelsea's striptease. It only serves to make the Bach look sleazy and the Bachelorettes to look easy and naive.... whether or not anything ACTUALLY happens.
    Well said. But if Fleiss just has to have some sleaze, let the Bachelor know that he can't give the pass to each of the three women, but rather only one. This will make him think about who he really likes (although he may also give it to the one he thinks will actually have sex with him). This could also add a lot of drama...he gives the Fantasy Suite card to one woman, but ends up picking someone else to be the final one.

Let the bach or bachelorette see footage of what goes on in the house.

Accept the fact that you will never win an Emmy for this show....with that said,
    Quit trying to set up the perfect camera angle and perfect sound bite...just roll tape and show us what actually happens as it happens.
    Show us more interactions/conversations between the bachelor and the bachelorettes.
    STOP the stupid human tricks on the first night....it's beyond dumb and WAY overdone!
    Show more normal, regular dates....dinner with real conversations, a baseball game, camping out, bowling even!

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2967014;
    Show more normal, regular dates....dinner with real conversations, a baseball game, camping out, bowling even!
    I will be really impressed if D gets them to have normal dates.

Maybe even shorter dates but more one on one's early on. I think that some of these combinations of people might have been good together but one of the two doesn't do well in groups and bombs. So then they are gone and the bach never had a chance to realize how good they would have been together. The group dates are so un-normal that I would like to see them do less of that.

Maybe start with 25, but those girls live with each other for 3-4 days and the bach just watches them on camera. Then at the first party, he has a better idea of who they are before he meets them and starts eliminating. Think of the footage we would have!

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2967014;
    Accept the fact that you will never win an Emmy for this show....with that said,
    Quit trying to set up the perfect camera angle and perfect sound bite...just roll tape and show us what actually happens as it happens.
    Show us more interactions/conversations between the bachelor and the bachelorettes.
    STOP the stupid human tricks on the first night....it's beyond dumb and WAY overdone!
    I agree with all of your ideas! I really like the ones I bolded! I'm sick of those stupid tricks that the women do the first night (especially the women who leave that night) It's so scripted!

sewwhat, you have a pretty avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by candimichele;2967027;

sewwhat, pretty avatar!
    Thanks - I pulled it from FORT, but I can't remember who created it.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast