Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Submit your idea to improve The Bachelor/bachelorette

Re: Submit your idea to improve The Bachelor/bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2964299;
    I think we should just forgo the "bachelor" all together and still with the "bachelorette".....lets for SWSNBN....but I think on the overall the women who have been the bachelorette go into the process with a more "serious" mind and are really looking for "love" and I think they work harder to find that "right" one and the relationships stand a better chance...not that they will last either..but on the whole I think we have seen better results with the "bachelorette"
    Let the show be more adaptable to each Bachelor's personality like they did with Charlie's season. In fact, give us more humor. And above all, don't turn Bachelors into people that even their friends don't recognize, ie, Matt.

FORT Fan

How many pages can we write?!

1) Leave the 22 year olds for MTV reality shows.

2) Quit forcing them to say stuff.

3) Quit pushing the alcohol.

4) Let's try one without anyone in the entertainment industry or a pharmaceutiakl sales rep!

5) Less catfights

enough for now

FORT Fogey

I think they should use dating services and plug in the "bachelor/ettes info to get people who are actually compatible rather than picking people for drama's sake or according to their looks.

If it's supposed to be reality TV, how about some reality? Let the show play out however it does, as long as we're seeing what really happens. No plants (actors, actresses). Do not focus on just a few. No scripted lines. I would enjoy it more if I knew it was real - even if my favorite didn't make it far! But I wouldn't feel like I'd been "Fleissed"!

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2964348;
    I think they should use dating services and plug in the "bachelor/ettes info to get people who are actually compatible rather than picking people for drama's sake or according to their looks.
    I really like this idea.

Also...
    1. Start with less contestants, so that we actually get a chance to see them all interact with the Bach before they're booted

2. Show more actual, serious conversation rather than this "I want to open up to you, but I'm afraid" and "I want you to know that I'm really in this for you" mumble-jumble. It gets old really quickly, and sounds really cheesy.

3. Lay off the "guessing game"... each and every Bach ends up looking like a sleaze bag because he's leading on all of these girls, especially when it gets down to the F4 or so. If he's already chosen his F1 by that point, why the theatrics? It only ends up making him look bad and causing issues with the F1 when the episodes air and she sees what she was up to when he wasn't with her.

4. NO MORE FANTASY SUITES! That aspect of the show creeps me out more than any other... especially when you throw in things like Chelsea's striptease. It only serves to make the Bach look sleazy and the Bachelorettes to look easy and naive.... whether or not anything ACTUALLY happens.

FORT Newbie

1. I want to see intelligent multi-layered women (think Sex in the City). OK, laughing at self. This is reality TV. But could we please see a
    little more depth to the people? At least the F6 or at very least F4?

2. More diverse ethnic mix. Skip stereotypes, please.

3. Some smoke and mirrors because I love sleuthing. LOTS of SC.

4. Keep some farce because I Luuuuv snark. If I want only romance, I'll go rent the movie.

5. More Bachelorettes; bring on eye candy!

I'd like to see more "everyday" people on this show looking for love...I think the success rate would be much higher if you had down-to-earth people on here really interested in looking to find love..not to promote a career or fame.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2965090;
    I'd like to see more "everyday" people on this show looking for love...I think the success rate would be much higher if you had down-to-earth people on here really interested in looking to find love..not to promote a career or fame.

I agree with this. the hard part about this is that to be on these shows, you pretty much have to be either a teacher if filming is during the summer, or unemployed. Not a lot of companies routinely grant 6 week leaves of absence

If there was a way to let the girls go about their normal lives while filming was going on, like going to work and such, maybe they could get more real people on the show.

A period of longer than 6 weeks might allow real feelings and relationships to develop more as well.

Great thread!

Choose a bachelor that is socially & emotionally mature, not a perennial bachelor-player.

Ages of 'rettes start at 25 and up, no more 21, 22 year olds.

Take a page from Outback Jack and get the women out of the mansion, the dresses, the high heels the makup, etc. and all the trappings. Have the guy live with the women 24/7 so there is more interaction and time to really get to know each person. Having them all living together will create real drama, so the manufactured drama would not be needed. They can compete in various challenges for dates with the bachelor.

I agree with highlighting the connection with all F4 women.

The episodes must be at least an hour and a half, 2 hours would be best.

FORT Regular

1. More of "The Bachelorette", less of "The Bachelor". Let's face it, mostly women watch this show and we want to watch a woman find her true love, not a man who usually dumps his chosen one right after "After the Final Rose" if not before.

2. Pick someone in their late 30s or early 40s for a change and give them candidates within 5 years on either side of their age. No more 21-24 year olds at all.

3. Bring back the friends/siblings in one of the early shows and let them choose someone for the Bachelor or Bachelorette to date, or bring back the blind letter (where people wrote a letter for the Bachelor or Bachelorette to read without signing it to get a solo date). For some reason, they stopped doing these things, and I felt like usually those were better ways to pick a compatible match than what they are doing now.

3. Screen the candidates better for compatibility instead of ratings.

4. No more alcoholics just for the purpose of ratings at the first episode cocktail party.

5. Less group dating, more one on ones.

6. I loved the "Mole". Not that it helped much long term to have an insider feeding the Bachelor information from inside the house that season, but I thought it was brilliant.

7. Show us more of the real story!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast