+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 4/28 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Regular

Re: 4/28 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Program was 52 minutes long with 23 minutes of commercials. I can remember when these overnight date shows were 1.5 to 2 hrs long. Hmmmm, what does that tell us. Goodbye bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by nessie;2956583;
    Program was 52 minutes long with 23 minutes of commercials. I can remember when these overnight date shows were 1.5 to 2 hrs long. Hmmmm, what does that tell us. Goodbye bachelor.
    WOW that's huge

Well, I finally watched the show and if the writing hadn't been on the wall all season long, it was in this episode.

I actually warmed a bit toward Shayne this go around. She was her usual adorable self and Matt had gotten past his "questions", uh...unless he still wants to talk politics.

He really backed away from Amanda. In previous closeups, he had been the initiator, but now she had to lean or go to him for any kisses or hugs. His greeting was much less than his words of being happy to see her.

Chelsea remains as much a conflict for the viewer as Matt claims she does for him. This is the third episode he has stated he wants something to be there. The only way Chelsea seems to be able to show it is flat out - nothing soft or in between friend and s** partner. I don't get her declarations both at Idaho and Barbados about opening up and showing him her romantic side...how does she equate love?

Finally, that horrendous rose ceremony. Matt memorized his speech to perfection and probably mumbled it enough in rehearsal to where he actually believed it. When he was with Amanda, he kept trying to repeat it, but she would interrupt him and he would lose his place. He seemed both flustered and angry by the time he shoved her into the car. I'm even more upset after watching the show that Chelsea did not console Amanda. There was such an awkwardness. Yes - they need to take Chris Harrison when they go on location so that he can remind everyone that goodbyes need to be said. Even though he wasn't in Mexico last year, at least Jenni and DeAnna had the compassion to give Bettina her hugs.

On to London where Shayne is being blase in the taxi and Chelsea - I guess she was there.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Shayne's my pick. I know that Matt really enjoys Chelsea but she seems to be hot and cold and it really still bugs me that she can't stand to hold hands with him in public or be really close to him during their date. The home dates in London will be very interesting to watch.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;2956005;
    So glad I skipped tonight's show. Does anyone else think this bloke is the understudy on a show called the Bachelor to Hugh Grant's "Bridget Jones Diary" character? He was a diff. person on epi 1 and then he's been free falling swaping spit with any female lips he could get to.

Maybe once he saw Lamas & family's homes he started salivating. Possible Headlines after the FRC - Bachelor proposes to one sandwich short of a picnic struggling actress.

This show is getting pathetic by the minute. Enough already. The Bach starts with a harem and the last one standing is literarily the last one standing. In many ways she ends up being the bigger loser.
    How true! Matt was edited or changed "dramatically" from epi 1 to last night's RC. Nothing against Shayne, but I think TB really just wants to use his 15 mins. to jumpstart a career.
    Watching Shayne give Matt a lesson is screen kissing sealed the deal.
    I already feel bad for Chelsea next week. Watching any F2 girl go home is not entertainment in my book.
    I'm so glad Amanda told Matt she didn't believe a word he was saying .
    After watching last night between Matt and Amanda I could see the awkwardness that we really never saw all season long. I'm not going to be too hard on Amanda about all the "like you knows" at dinner. She was very nervous spilling her true feelings to Matt, and knew what a risk it was.

seeker
    The Bach starts with a harem and the last one standing is literarily the last one standing. In many ways she ends up being the bigger loser.
    Wrong network but you've The Bachelor pegged.
    Arielflies
    Both meters are in place for tonight's show, but I think the ICK meter will probably break irretrievably and not be functioning for the FRC.
    Please tell me there is a meter repair facility in your area and you can have it repaired for the Finale.
    Zinnia
    What do you call a mockery of a mockery?
    I call it stupid. He's wasted his audience's goodwill. I hope the ratings will be horrendous for last night's show, or will at least show that people were changing the channel in droves. Sorry Shayne, I know that isnt exactly the plan.
    Regarding the strip show , can you imagine Matt watching that? He may not know that it happened - that she was filmed changing into the negligee.
    The Bachelor. Now with 50% less Chris Harrison.

Yeah, that was the problem. Chris. Great move Fleiss.
    From now on, I will never underestimate Fleiss's stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2956853;
    seeker Wrong network but you've The Bachelor pegged.
    Arielflies Please tell me there is a meter repair facility in your area and you can have it repaired for the Finale.
    Zinnia I call it stupid. He's wasted his audience's goodwill. I hope the ratings will be horrendous for last night's show, or will at least show that people were changing the channel in droves. Sorry Shayne, I know that isnt exactly the plan.
    Regarding the strip show , can you imagine Matt watching that? He may not know that it happened - that she was filmed changing into the negligee.
    From now on, I will never underestimate Fleiss's stupidity.
    pajamasam-your last line here
    Spin master in training

Definitely a sad night in "Bachelor" history.

I knew Chelsea wouldn't go home after all the "Will Chelsea open up?"/ "Matt struggles with Chelsea" teases and promos.

The producers are underestimating the intelligence of their audience.

I really liked Amanda until all of the "likes" and then her classless exit. It's unfortunate she couldn't hold her head up high and exit with grace like Noelle and a few others. (Note, a FEW) Calling him an *** hole did not ingraciate her to me and certainly only reinforced his decision.

I tried to give her the BOTD for nerves, etc., but NATIONAL TV, bridges, your parents, etc. I don't feel sorry for a girl in that position b/c she put herself there and I don't know why they haven't figured out yet that this is how it works. He has to lead the girls on, he has to let somebody go. What they do behind closed doors is anybody's guess, but you don't have to sleep with a guy to win him over and if you do, then he is not worth it!

I like Shayne, but I think she's shallow and I doubt he will be having conversations of any import or brevity with either her or Chelsea. And how can
    Shayne move to London when her career is based in Malibu (along with her family and her most important buddy, the sun)???

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I haven't read this entire thread yet so forgive me if it's already been stated...but did he have a girdle on? When he and Chelsea were sunbathing on the boat, his shirt kept flying up and there was white tape of something strapped around his stomach? At first I thought it was a girdle...then I thought it was tape to hold his mike in place...but Chelsea's top was blowing up higher than his and there was no white tape on her...

Also, Matt keeps saying he enjoys talking about politics and finances and wants a girl who can do the same...so...why doesn't he talk to them about it and see if they can hold up up their end of the conversation. Maybe he did, and Fleiss cut it out 'cause it was boring... But I don't think he really cares if they're smart, as long as they're hot.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Sorry to double post...I missed out on getting to ETA my last one...

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora;2955797;
    I'm rooting for the turtle for the FR! Just like I rooted for the guinea pigs on BB! :-)
    That would've been so great! But the turtle deserves better...

+ Reply to Thread