+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/7 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MissMolly;2904133;
    So, you think that he is kissing all these girls due to a contractual obligation of some kind. If he doesn't make out with the women he supposedly doesn't really like will Fleiss sue him? I'm fairly skeptical of how realistic "Reality TV" is myself but I don't think I'd go quite this far....

Woman seem to think kissing is a big deal. Men don't. As for being "contractually obligated" to kiss them, I never said that. He just has to keep them around as long as possible. The kissing is a bonus. If he doesn't play ball, Fleiss wont sue him, he just wont pay him. This whole show is geared to make people watch. The premise might be that he's looking for a wife, but he's actually on to entertain the masses, and as such, there is some scripting involved. That, and very selective editing.
    Last edited by rlsuth; 04-08-2008 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;2902054;
    Isn't she the one who bragged about her parents doing and being mostly "all things English"? Or did they just forgot to teach their little Robin the "proper" pronunciation of WIMBLETON.
    Yes, she did. She went on and on ceaselessly about her parents' search for the ideal tea maker that looks like a coffee maker. Um, doesn't Black and Decker make one? I think they looked for a lot of women without brains and personalities this season.

Although I don't particularly care for Shayne when she's with Matt, she seems to be a peacemaker to a degree with the women, she called Robin out last night and from what I saw of the previews for next week's show it looks like she is getting between between Marshana and Chelsea (I think) before they get physical after their shouting match. Gotta give her credit there.

You would think these women would think about what they might say to the bachelor when they're alone with him, before coming on the show. I guess I'm a planner so I would think of questions that would give me an opportunity to get to know him a little from his responses? Like, what's Christmas morning like in the Grant household? What did your family do for vacations when you were a kid? What are you most proud of? What are you least proud of? I could go on. The thing is, asking questions you can also answer gives insight into the guy and in turn gives him an idea that you're interested and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;2904545;
    You would think these women would think about what they might say to the bachelor when they're alone with him, before coming on the show. I guess I'm a planner so I would think of questions that would give me an opportunity to get to know him a little from his responses? Like, what's Christmas morning like in the Grant household? What did your family do for vacations when you were a kid? What are you most proud of? What are you least proud of? I could go on. The thing is, asking questions you can also answer gives insight into the guy and in turn gives him an idea that you're interested and interesting.
    I'd like to believe that the huge amounts of alcohol have slowed their thought processes, but you make a great point here. Be prepared ahead of time.

I think he kisses the women to stop them from giggling, singing and making boring conversation.

My money's on Chelsea in a cat fight against Marshanna.

Shayne's interaction with the other women in the house somehow makes her professed feelings for Matt even less likely.

I think he kisses the women to stop them from giggling, singing and making boring conversation.
    You know I hadnt thought of that but I think you may be right. Excellent observation. I intend to watch the future episodes with that in mind.

jst4fun

Quote Originally Posted by rlsuth;;
    Woman seem to think kissing is a big deal. Men don't. As for being "contractually obligated" to kiss them, I never said that. He just has to keep them around as long as possible. The kissing is a bonus. If he doesn't play ball, Fleiss wont sue him, he just wont pay him. This whole show is geared to make people watch. The premise might be that he's looking for a wife, but he's actually on to entertain the masses, and as such, there is some scripting involved. That, and very selective editing.
    So, does anyone know if (or how much) the Bachelor is paid for doing the show? Is it linked to the show's ratings as you suggest (unlikely I think)?
    I'm pretty sure the women don't get paid anything for being on the show because I remember from last season there was one rejected woman who was upset because she had sold her car in order to afford to come on the show and pay for all the evening gowns they are required to wear. So, just curious if anyone knows what the Bachelor gets (besides a future wife)?

Memories to last a lifetime? Seriously, I have no idea. I imagine the guys get some money to make up for lost income during their leave of absence. They still have to pay their bills after all.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;2904358;
    OMG! I just saw a Zaxby's commercial, with Lorenzo Lamas!! Guess he's got to keep up with the kid re screen time.
    What is a Zaxby?

Looking at the previews for next weeks episode, it looks like they casted Marshana for the wrong reality show. But, who knows....there may be a Flavor Flav "4". Or, she could be a candidate for the next Charm School with "Monique". Whoa! What a temper!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2907864;
    What is a Zaxby?
    Zaxby's is a fast food franchise specializing in chicken menu items (chicken sandwiches, salads, strips, nuggets) and good onion rings too.

I loved this place when I lived in Atlanta, but none on the west coast. It's mostly in the south & southeast, but a friend of mine who lives in Ohio says Zaxby's are there too.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ness;2901952;
    Wouldn't it be off the chain if Marshana wound up bagging the Brit?
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that this does happen. This would make this seaons worth watching

+ Reply to Thread