+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 3/24 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2868810;
    I don't think he has a problem with inter-racial dating, but I don't think that's why he has kept her around still. I get the sense that they don't want to be seen as racist, so they keep some of the non-white women around. I could be wrong but wasn't she the only non-white contestant this season? Getting a Brit was a nice change of pace, but personally, I'd like to see a non-white Bachelor.
    I agree - on all counts. An Asian, African American, Hispanic bachelor (and bachlorette) would be nice. Makes one wonder if they are afraid of a backlash, which in itself is very racist.

On another note, and pardon the pun, the singing was so stupid. Especially the blonde opera singer and her version of "Summertime". That was downright frightening.
    Last edited by tango7; 03-26-2008 at 08:56 AM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2869538;
    On another note, and pardon the pun, the singing was so stupid. Especially the blonde opera singer and her version of "Summertime". That was downright frightening.
    She had a lovely voice, but honest to goodness, having that come at you full volume like that...eesh! And since when did "The Bachelor" turn into "Miss America" with a talent competition? I realize they're all trying to stand out...and maybe get record deals...but really!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2869727;
    She had a lovely voice, but honest to goodness, having that come at you full volume like that...eesh! And since when did "The Bachelor" turn into "Miss America" with a talent competition? I realize they're all trying to stand out...and maybe get record deals...but really!
    My theory is that they are trying to find an F1 who is not shy in the spotlight like Tessa was.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2869794;
    My theory is that they are trying to find an F1 who is not shy in the spotlight like Tessa was.

Yes, that may be true, but the problem is that all the girls that are putting themselves out there and singing are getting eliminated!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2869727;
    And since when did "The Bachelor" turn into "Miss America" with a talent competition?
    We have the swimsuit competition every year, why not a talent segment?

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2870077;
    Yes, that may be true, but the problem is that all the girls that are putting themselves out there and singing are getting eliminated!
    True. I hope this show doesn't become a talent contest. I don't think they should have to present a talent to the bachelor to gain his attention.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2870077;

I was referring 'performers' of all types - Shayne and Noelle are actresses. Ashlee was the first to sing and she's still in, and Robin is a classically-trained pianist. I don't think they all had to be performers, but I think perhaps they were trying to go for individuals who would be comfortable with the spotlight that this show brings, and so there is a much higher percentage of performers than in the past because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2868810;
    I get the sense that they don't want to be seen as racist, so they keep some of the non-white women around.
    There's a chance that the guy actually likes her. Europeans aren't hung up on race like Americans. Maybe the producers found one they thought would hit it off with him. Plus past bachelors like that football guy - can't remember his name - had no problems not picking any non-whites the first go around. Don't recall any news reports that he was a racist... Hopefully this Bachelor is picking people he is really interested in and not wasting time with women for pc reasons! I want to see some love this season! I was so disappointed with that cad-Brad! :oP

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2870887;
    I was referring 'performers' of all types - Shayne and Noelle are actresses. Ashlee was the first to sing and she's still in, and Robin is a classically-trained pianist. I don't think they all had to be performers, but I think perhaps they were trying to go for individuals who would be comfortable with the spotlight that this show brings, and so there is a much higher percentage of performers than in the past because of this.
    Oh, I absolutely see what you were trying to say. I was just being facetious.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;2870945;
    There's a chance that the guy actually likes her. Europeans aren't hung up on race like Americans. Maybe the producers found one they thought would hit it off with him.
    I'm not saying there isn't that chance...she's no worse than any of the other women there, that's for sure. But I still think a lot of these guys don't want to select only caucasian women on TV...even if that might be their choice in real life.

I didn't buy it when he said he didn't want to kiss her in front of all the other women. It just seemed like he didn't want to kiss her--not because of her race, but because he just wasn't that into her.

+ Reply to Thread