+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Matt Grant - Bachelor London

Re: Matt Grant - Bachelor London

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredpants;2989771;
    I just want to say that I've enjoyed seeing Each and every moment that Matt & Shayne has had on This season of Bachelor. Matt you have been wonderfull.
    me too and the proposal was so beautiful and romantic

FORT Fogey

I like Matt. His sense of humor snagged my heart immediately and his confidence is sexy. I loved every minute of this season when Shayne was on the screen with him.

He wants to move here and I suspect he has designs on a career in the industry. I can see him in the financial end of things. Most do who go on reality shows. If not they are looking for exposure to enhance their established careers. This show has helped some real estate agents and Travis has a gig on Dr Phil to name two.

I see them having a lot in common.

I do not think Shayne expected to fall in love and I don't think Matt suspected he would fall for a 22 year old actress either! This is what made this season so satisfying for me. Neither had any control over their emotions, it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2991345;
    I like Matt. His sense of humor snagged my heart immediately and his confidence is sexy. I loved every minute of this season when Shayne was on the screen with him.

He wants to move here and I suspect he has designs on a career in the industry. I can see him in the financial end of things. Most do who go on reality shows. If not they are looking for exposure to enhance their established careers. This show has helped some real estate agents and Travis has a gig on Dr Phil to name two.

I do not think Shayne expected to fall in love and I don't think Matt suspected he would fall for a 22 year old actress either! This is what made this season so satisfying for me. Neither had any control over their emotions, it happened.

I agree!!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cubbiegirl;2991575;
    I agree!!!!
    hello does anybody have a pic of the pic shayne gave matt , that says i love you?
    can it be posted in here??
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2991345;

I didnt think they expected to fall in love either and took them both by
    surprise-thats why i think it was a great love story Fleiss showed us this
    time

FORT Fogey

Reg. Matt and Shayne.....I like them both but think they'll be bored with one another very soon. He'll need intellect and she'll need drama. Watch. Now that I've said that, they'll marry, have babies, and die very much in love.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-13-2008 at 08:50 PM.

What Matt needs is a green card. Whether he can put up with Shayne long enough to get it, and whether she can put up with him, remains to be seen.

Hi I'm a newbie here. I haven't really watched any of the Bachelor seasons since a little bit of the first one. (except for a show or two a year, and I have to admit there have been seasons I didn't watch one episode) I've always been very cynical that the whole thing is set up like a wrestling match, and the men seem jaded and non committal when they have a chance to date so many beautiful woman at the same time.

However I was interested in this season and watched it with great interest. Maybe cause my first husband was a tall, sandy blond Australian with a dry sense of humor like Matt, and I'm a Southern California native and blond to boot. (Although when I started watching it, I had no idea he would pick Shayne, so that wasn't the attraction) My ex and I met when I lived in Hawaii, he was traveling around the world, and we courted and had a long distance relationship in Hawaii, California, and Australia. We ultimately ended up living after we were married in England, Australia and then we ended up living in So. Cal. where I grew up and where my family is. We divorced after being together five years, not for the strain of the long distance courtship, but more that we on the surface seemed compatible but ultimately our cultural background, spiritual beliefs and morals were different. We grew apart, and it is a strain sometimes when one person is away from their country, and their immediate family, and the other person is surrounded by a support system. (And we lived in Australia and California so there was times, when each of us was the immigrant and the other one was the native) I was divorced by my late twenties and didn't remarry until a few years ago when I turned 40 (to a wonderful guy with the same spiritual beliefs)

Matt seemed charming, sweet, considerate, funny and more awed then jaded at the beginning of the season on the Bachelor. I think that first show where all the girls got out of the limo - he was like a kid at the candy store, and some of the girls that were the more knock out glamouress girls (Shayne, Chelsea, Amanda, etc...) he was just in awe. You could literally see him thinking there aren't girls like this back home. (No knock to UK gals intended) I liked at the beginning of the season, he was more turned off, and grossed out by Stacey's crass panty stuffing "pass" and even when Kelly flashed her breasts at him because she couldn't bother keeping a sober conversation going with him, that was a turn off for him. I remember thinking this is a different type of man on this season's Bachelor. I kept thinking how many "frat" boy types would have possibly got more of a kick out of Stacey and Kelly's behavior. So I thought he had class, cared about families, was open about wanting to get married (that is refreshing) etc....

I was suspious of Shayne at the beginning myself. But I found myself charmed by her, admired her for standing up for the other girls in a peaceful manner. There is something about her that is worldly (in a sophisticated way) maybe from her Hollywood upbringing. I think she is knockout gorgeous and cute at the same time, (which is sometimes a combination women can achieve at the same time)

I liked Chelsea too, she was down to earth. Very much the all American girl, sporty and fresh faced. Although the whole problem with PDA, or eye contact, etc...kind of put me on guard with her. Shayne and Matt seemed to figure out who they "fit together" more quickly. When Chelsea's idea of showing her "feelings" was dropping her panties, that to me was almost a "male" way of showing her feelings. They always say men think sometimes sex is showing their feelings, and that's how I took it and it turned me off. It's like she went to first base to a home run, in one night. (If that is what TRULY happened that night or edited to look that way)

As much as Shayne is receiving controversy for GGW magazine, when she was on the show, you never really knew if Matt and Shayne were getting physical. Yea you saw them cuddly and kissy, and very PDA. But you didn't really get the feeling that okay here they are ready to seal the deal, like you did with the night Chelsea dropped her drawers.

I've had fun watching Matt on Ellen, and the great interest Ellen has taken with the show, (she told Heidi M. she doesn't even watch the Hills, but here Ellen watches the Bachelor!) So I just have to say I enjoyed this season.

I know some feel that Matt might be even using Shayne for her Hollywood connections, but again I think they have more in common then people know. I read in one post finale interview Matt says he loves to go shopping, and wants to go shopping with Shayne. If that isn't a common interest, I don't know what is. He felt at home in her house. I think he was attracted to her cause she is very feminine, where Chelsea he had the best buddy feelings.

So hopefully some of my thoughts make sense. I wish Shayne and Matt the best, I know what they are up against with the immigration, and the separations and the deciding where they are going to live. It will be interesting to see if they work out. I hope they do, it seems for long time fans that would be refreshing after the batch of uncommitted bachelors they've had in previous seasons.

Matt was on the Bonnie Hunt show today.. 9/25..
    Bonnie did some good dissing of Shayne.. I love Bonnie Hunt.. She sure has Shayne's number..

He said "never marry a monkey".. He said it was a mutual breakup.. He has no idea where the ring is..
    He's living in LA now.. He's dating someone older.. someone in the industry..

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlekeeper;3205416;
    Matt was on the Bonnie Hunt show today.. 9/25..
    Bonnie did some good dissing of Shayne.. I love Bonnie Hunt.. She sure has Shayne's number..

He said "never marry a monkey".. He said it was a mutual breakup.. He has no idea where the ring is..
    He's living in LA now.. He's dating someone older.. someone in the industry..

I knew it!!! And only took 4 months. Despite all the Shayne-love they are predictably history.

+ Reply to Thread