+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 74 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne - Bachelor London

Re: Shayne - Bachelor London

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter;2880543;
    If you are going to single Shayne out because she is an actress, what about the other girls. They don't have an ulterior motive for being on The Bachelor.
    Cornfritter, I don't care what their motives are, I'm watching it for the entertainment only. Glass of wine, chocolates, Bachelor... Monday night heaven.

Now THAT ^^ just sounds delightful

Perfect
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Monika;2881095;
    Cornfritter, I don't care what their motives are, I'm watching it for the entertainment only. Glass of wine, chocolates, Bachelor... Monday night heaven.
    I like cheese with my whines......

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I'm not a particular fan of Shaynes, but if she's there to further her career, go for it. Lots of other women have done the same.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2884975;
    I'm not a particular fan of Shaynes, but if she's there to further her career, go for it. Lots of other women have done the same.
    That's true, but it is not fair to put her in the same category as say Noelle (who is an actress but listed as a phtographer), or Holly, or Ahslee. Shayne was already a celebrity when she went on this show. The others have barely gotten 2 seconds of air time, but every time Shayne is on it is all "I am an actress, but I am so over that whole thing", or "I come from a famous family but I am not going to tell you who they are because I want you to keep asking me about it every time we have 1 on 1 time". It is getting a little old. I feel like I am watching a reality show following Shayne's life instead of watching the bachelor..........
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

"I come from a famous family but I am not going to tell you who they are because I want you to keep asking me about it every time we have 1 on 1 time". It is getting a little old. I feel like I am watching a reality show following Shayne's life instead of watching the bachelor..........

I'm going 2B the next BL! FelizMonkey's Avatar

Good Morning All!! I have been reading all along, and I have to say I like Shayne's honesty. At least she's being up front.. Most everytime she talks about her "career" it's because it has been asked. And yes, Family is VERY IMPORTANT, but maybe she feels that she's treated differently b/c she comes from famous parent(s) Maybe, just maybe she wants someone to like/love her for who she is. Unlike, Ashlee.. IMO she too gitty.. a little too immature - but it all comes down to what's edited.. you know.. She must not be bad.. at least none of the girls have been ripping on her (so far). Again, just MO and I am rooting for her also for Amanda, and Chelsea (how ever you spell her name)

FORT Fogey

If Shayne just wants to be liked/loved for who she is and doesn't want to be treated differently because of her parents, then why bring them up? On the first night, Shayne was the one who offered up the information. I could certainly understand someone who'd spent her entire life being known as someone's daughter being excited at the chance to be somewhere that she could just be "normal". But a person who just wanted to be "normal" would act that way, rather than offering up half the information in order to beg for attention in trying to figure out the rest of the info.

I think that Shayne is using her drama as a way to manipulate attention her way on the show. She whines about how hard it is for her on the show, how hard it is for her having a famous dad, etc not because all that stuff is really hard on her, but because she knows that she can use the whining to ensure attention and sympathy are focused on her. As long as the focus of the room is on her, she's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2885186;
    If Shayne just wants to be liked/loved for who she is and doesn't want to be treated differently because of her parents, then why bring them up? On the first night, Shayne was the one who offered up the information. I could certainly understand someone who'd spent her entire life being known as someone's daughter being excited at the chance to be somewhere that she could just be "normal". But a person who just wanted to be "normal" would act that way, rather than offering up half the information in order to beg for attention in trying to figure out the rest of the info.

I think that Shayne is using her drama as a way to manipulate attention her way on the show. She whines about how hard it is for her on the show, how hard it is for her having a famous dad, etc not because all that stuff is really hard on her, but because she knows that she can use the whining to ensure attention and sympathy are focused on her. As long as the focus of the room is on her, she's happy.

To me, it's like the old adage: "If you're getting it, then you don't go around talking about it all the time."

Actually, in my more generous moments, I feel sorry for the girl.

I don't think she did herself any favors coming on this show, that's for sure!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

This is quoted from the Shayne spoiler thread, but is not a spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;2885663;
    If she was trying to be who Matt want her to be, then we wouldn't have gotten the drama from her last week, nor her confession that she is high maintance, if she was being someone she's not, then we would see a maturer side of her, since Matt is questioning her age. We would be looking at a whole new Shayne.
    Given the long pause before she admitted to being high maintenence, I think she was trying to figure out a way to give an answer Matt wanted to hear for that one, but recognized that she had no choice but to admit to it. Even she realized that he as asking that question not because he did not know, but because he wanted to know if she recognzied it in herself.

As for all the rest of the drama -- she's been doing it because it works. Everytime she does it, she holds Matt's attention. When he describes his ideal woman, does he say "I want a drama queen who makes everything about her"? No, he doesn't. But everytime she behaves like that, he pays attention. So she's putting on an act to win him over, and it's working. But I think that long term, its an act that will exhaust both of them.

+ Reply to Thread