+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: Shayne - Bachelor London

Re: Shayne - Bachelor London

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3217835;
    There is an old TV show called the Twilight Zone and they always show marathon reruns. One episode that I'll never forget is called - Number 12 looks just like me. In it, people in a futuristic society opt for the same idealized face. Unfortunately, in la la land, that TV show ha been taken to an extreme. People have what's loosely called the LA Face. Too much botox in the lips, cheeks, eye area and forehead, b**b and tummy jobs, etc. And, rather than looking better, they just end up looking like people who can afford surgery. Most of them have great difficulty moving their facial muscles. Very, very scary.
    Ha! I remember that Twilight Zone and the LA plastic Stepfords fit right in. I think the worst are those fake bulging botoxed lips. Looks like someone tonsil hockeyed a wasp nest.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

hey i found a segment on dr. frank ryan's radio show and shayne calls in. his co-host is trying to get dr. frank and shayne together and you can totally tell he likes shayne. he was making a bunch of handmotions to get his co-host to ask her questions about her relationship status. it's pretty cute because he's trying to act all non chalant on the air.

shayne also goes on to diss matt and says something like "no offense to ABC, but they really need to check out their bachelors a little more"

i can't post links here, but just go to sexdrugsandsilicone971.com and it's the 2nd interview from the top. he's wearing a black coat... and shayne's part is 23 minutes into the segment.
    "Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

FORT Fogey

Shayne and Matt are two peas in a pod. You'd think their similarity would keep them together but they have an incessant desire for greener pastures which was bound to break them apart.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3221975;
    Shayne and Matt are two peas in a pod. You'd think their similarity would keep them together but they have an incessant desire for greener pastures which was bound to break them apart.

There was a strong attraction between them, but basicallly I believe they used each other. If these two had met else where, they might or might not have dated, but given the circumstances surrounding the show and their individual needs and personalities, simply - they met each other needs. She is goal-oriented and is focused at the moment on furthering her career. We were given those hints by her father, the questions that arose over and over again about her motivation, the fact that she had scheduled a publicity shoot of dubious nature right on the heels of the FRC, and even her own statements to him concerning what she felt was the appropriate age for marriage. On the other hand, it was clear from his statements and actions that he came into the show so star struck by Hollywood ( and most likely potential subsequent opportunities) that he couldn't see past the "sexy kitten" glamour of it in her enough to stick with his original stated goals of finding someone (implied who was ready) to settle down, marry, and have kids before he lost his aging, ailing father.

Realistically, I didn't see how this relationship had much of a chance in working and felt like the producers saw that as well. I personally do not believe that they were surprised at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3222025;
    There was a strong attraction between them, but basicallly I believe they used each other. If these two had met else where, they might or might not have dated, but given the circumstances surrounding the show and their individual needs and personalities, simply - they met each other needs. She is goal-oriented and is focused at the moment on furthering her career. We were given those hints by her father, the questions that arose over and over again about her motivation, the fact that she had scheduled a publicity shoot of dubious nature right on the heels of the FRC, and even her own statements to him concerning what she felt was the appropriate age for marriage. On the other hand, it was clear from his statements and actions that he came into the show so star struck by Hollywood ( and most likely potential subsequent opportunities) that he couldn't see past the "sexy kitten" glamour of it in her enough to stick with his original stated goals of finding someone (implied who was ready) to settle down, marry, and have kids before he lost his aging, ailing father.

Realistically, I didn't see how this relationship had much of a chance in working and felt like the producers saw that as well. I personally do not believe that they were surprised at all.
    Excellent analysis and post bloomers!!!!
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Perfectly stated Bloomers!

Their attraction was obviously genuine, but lasting relationships require so much more.

FORT Fogey

Yes, well said. No bad guys here, no set up, just life unfolding.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlekeeper;3217224;
    TMZ had a piece on Shayne.. looks like she's following in her mother and step mothers foot steps.. she's dating a Plastic surgeon, the same one that worked on her step mother, Shauna Sands.. lol.. I guess at 23, it's time to start getting work done.. here's the link to the story.. Personally I think she's fake enough..

The Lamas Gals -- Plastic Makes Perfect - TMZ.com
    In the "Hollywood Romance" scene, this isn't likely to last long either. Well, until the next one-hit-wonder makes the scene.

But, FYI, Dr. Dorfman (from ABC's original "Extreme Makeover") is engaged/married to one of his patients. If you think about it, Dr. Frankenstein fell in love with his creation. too.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3227176;
    But, FYI, Dr. Dorfman (from ABC's original "Extreme Makeover") is engaged/married to one of his patients. If you think about it, Dr. Frankenstein fell in love with his creation. too.
    love it!!

And now for something completely different, as they used to say on Monty Python.

The microblog from Shayne's (public) social networking page today...

Shayne Dahl LamasTHANKS EVERYONE FOR THE BDAY WISHES AND IS FILMING THE SHAYNE SHOW for E! NETWORK!!YOU ALL WILL LAUGH SO HARD I PROMISE!FUN TIMES BABY

I am certain I would laugh. The question remains, however: Laugh At her or With her?? Let's ask Matt.

+ Reply to Thread