+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: Shayne - Bachelor London

Re: Shayne - Bachelor London

Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;3142001;
    I agree w/you and took Shayne's statement on her myspace page in the same way that you did. I think in her statement she solely is referring to the cheating rumors and skirting around the issue of whether or not her and Matt are still together. I think she is riding a very thin line. I thought she was always going to be honest w/her fans? It seems she is trying to make it seem like her and Matt are still together when that may not be the case. I guess her statement is not an outright lie, but it certainly isn't quite the truth either. With everything that has come out the last few days I do not think they are a couple any longer.
    I read her message the way you do. I am disappointed, but did enjoy them together on the show. I feel badly for Matt because even though I don't know either of them personally, I have a feeling he was hurt in this. Shayne seems rather happy.

Occasional FORT Poster lizzybird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3143201;
    I read her message the way you do. I am disappointed, but did enjoy them together on the show. I feel badly for Matt because even though I don't know either of them personally, I have a feeling he was hurt in this. Shayne seems rather happy.
    People.com had something today that they've tried to make it work, but they "were heading in different directions" and they would "remain close friends." That's code for, "she wouldn't marry me so I needed to find another woman who could help me get that green card...and Shayne promises not to pose naked in Playboy for at least a few weeks!"

Matt posted on his fb the the following: "Matt is grateful to everyone for their support & is sorry it didn't work out."

Here's the link and the article from People Magazine:

Bachelor Matt Grant & Fiancée Shayne Lamas Split - Breakups, The Bachelor : People.com

Breakups
    Bachelor Matt Grant & Fiancée Shayne Lamas Split
    By Bryan Alexander

Originally posted Thursday July 24, 2008 09:00 PM EDT
    Photo by: Adam Larkey / ABC

Bachelor Matt Grant and fiancée Shayne Lamas have ended their short and often-rocky relationship, they tell PEOPLE.

"We tried hard to make it work but we realized that we were both heading in different directions," the two said in a statement to PEOPLE. "We truly care about each other and will remain close friends."

Neither would elaborate.

Grant, 27, and Lamas, 22, have been plagued with reports of trouble since their televised engagement on ABC's The Bachelor: London Calling in May.

One month later Grant told PEOPLE that he had moved out of Lamas's Century City condominium, citing a need for "space."

At the time Grant said the engagement was still on. "This stuff makes us stronger," he told PEOPLE.

Grant picked Lamas, an actress and the daughter of Lorenzo Lamas, from 25 female contestants vying for the English financier. In the show's conclusion, Grant not only presented the winning rose to Lamas, but also got down on one knee and popped the question with a 2.85-carat platinum and diamond eternity ring.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybird;3143924;
    People.com had something today that they've tried to make it work, but they "were heading in different directions" and they would "remain close friends." That's code for, "she wouldn't marry me so I needed to find another woman who could help me get that green card...and Shayne promises not to pose naked in Playboy for at least a few weeks!"
    Actually I think that is code for, we are moving on as friends .

Together or not, I believe both are good people.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 07-25-2008 at 03:28 PM.

This is not unexpected. Sorry Shatt fans, but the writing was one the wall, this was never real anyway. And please, don't take offense, I really like Shayne and look forward to her furthering her caerer, she is very entertaining. The girl is way better off without that "british financier" anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3144163;
    This is not unexpected. Sorry Shatt fans, but the writing was one the wall, this was never real anyway. And please, don't take offense, I really like Shayne and look forward to her furthering her caerer, she is very entertaining. The girl is way better off without that "british financier" anyway.
    Oh my God, "Shatt" is awesome

Matt spelled out the demise of the whole relationship back on the show, when he said that Shayne was a woman he could never have gotten in real life. Obviously he was right! (Though I have to say, I never read him as being that into her. Hopefully they just used each other for as long as it was convenient, and now the "breakup" is mutual.)

The comments concerning the green card are hilarious. Britain is not a third world country and getting a green card may be difficult but its not impossible.

Marrying someone just to get a green card is something that used to happen all the time, but the Immigration and Naturalization Service got wise to that back in the 1970's - the US Department of Homeland Security is now in charge of issuing IR1 visa's to spouse's of US Citizens and the rules that are applied to foreign born spouse's when they apply for a IR1 visa are very strict, I should know I have one!
    Last edited by pajamasam; 07-25-2008 at 03:30 PM.

With the confirmation printed on the People website, does this mean the Schatt has hit the fan? I guess it does.

Matt returns to his old hunting grounds and Shayne continues to move in hers. They've gone their different ways, but I think they do understand eachother's motives in the hunt. It's seems that Shayne's manner of the hunt is to flit around so as not to get caught, while Matt prefers the pounce and claim. They can be friends (media-speak) and keep a wary eye one one another. Happy Hunting you two.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

sushifan,
    Shayne didn't cheat. In order to cheat, you have to be in a real relationship. Shayne and Matt were contractually bound to each other - well, really to ABC - to stay together until the ATFR. Now that that debacle is over, they're free to split up.
    Precisely. I'm sure she didnt cheat on Matt. I think that they would have stayed "together" as a media couple for longer if it were of benefit to their career goals. Perhaps if Shayne had received better advice and had refrained from doing the Girls Gone Wild spread, they would have had more success. They both learned the hard way that there is such a thing as bad publicity.

+ Reply to Thread