+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne - Bachelor London

Re: Shayne - Bachelor London

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3000395;
    Heatheshells and Cailg this is the kind of interaction that makes me proud to post on FORT. Respectful disagreement

I probably come up somewhere in between your two opinions. I think that Shayne and Matt are in love, but I do think Chelsea told her truth. I also like both Shayne and Chelsea and I also like Matt. It's hard to reconcile what the diary of the departed says with what we were shown, but if Matt and Shayne can manage their way through this crazy process then good for them. It sounds like Chelsea has also moved on, good for her as well.
    Thanks for the kind words!! This season's show has really given me great enjoyment. I love watching young love blossom. However, I understand everyone has different points of view. I come on the FORT to relax from daily stresses and really enjoy respectful posts rather than poking fun at posters or sarcasm. Anyway, I am getting ready for DeAnna's season and have great expectations for her. So, no reason for any negativity!

Teaching and Learning :) heatheshells10's Avatar

Thanks Calig and Casualfan! I know that people will have different opinions. It's the spice of life, but I was taught to always respect other's opinions. I get really, almost nervous and sad, when I read posts attacking other posters. I think of the FoRT as a safe haven of sorts where I can indulge in my Bachelor obsession. No one in my real life really understands the need to sleuth and figure out who the F1 is before the season starts!! I do believe that Shayne and Matt fell in love, but the small cynical side of me is coming out. I hope I'm wrong, because I am a true romantic at heart! On to the beautiful De and her hot 25 men...
    "I'm talking about fate here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams." -Alex and Emma

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3000395;
    Heatheshells and Cailg this is the kind of interaction that makes me proud to post on FORT. Respectful disagreement

I probably come up somewhere in between your two opinions. I think that Shayne and Matt are in love, but I do think Chelsea told her truth. I also like both Shayne and Chelsea and I also like Matt. It's hard to reconcile what the diary of the departed says with what we were shown, but if Matt and Shayne can manage their way through this crazy process then good for them. It sounds like Chelsea has also moved on, good for her as well.

I love the FoRT for both the sleuthing and the respectful disagreement!

When I look back on this entire season (and will admit to still being confused by a good part of what we were shown) I am reminded of the Human Resources exercise that uses an ambiguous sketch. Some people look at it and see a young woman. Others look at the same sketch and see an old woman. The 2 groups see completely opposite things and yet they are both correct in interpreting the sketch since it can show an old woman as well as a young woman, depending how one sees it.

I feel we do this here as well -- differing opinions and still correct (mostly correct? somewhat correct?). Whatever...it makes for fascinating reading for me.

FORT Fogey

This cracked me up: Matt and Shayne, who want a traditional white wedding, even have an American blonde/British bloke relationship role model: "I love Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale!" says Matt. "They're a really cool couple with a really strong private life." Adds Shayne, "I agree 100 percent - good job, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;3003186;
    This cracked me up: Matt and Shayne, who want a traditional white wedding, even have an American blonde/British bloke relationship role model: "I love Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale!" says Matt. "They're a really cool couple with a really strong private life." Adds Shayne, "I agree 100 percent - good job, baby!
    My mind has turned to mush on a Friday night, cat. Where is that quote from? It's cute I LOVE Gwen Stefani's style and man oh man is Gavin Rossdale a cutie

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3003203;
    My mind has turned to mush on a Friday night, cat. Where is that quote from? It's cute I LOVE Gwen Stefani's style and man oh man is Gavin Rossdale a cutie
    The National Ledger. I thought it was cute too I love Gavin and Gwen...and little Kingston is adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3000387;
    I respect your opinion (how could I not..look at your avatar), and trust me I am getting drained too continually reinstating my position on the issues, but I sincerely believe that time will prove that Shayne and Matt really do love each other.
    What a nice post! I too am so drained from posting this season. When visiting fort is more stressful than enjoyment, I know I have to limit my time.

You know, I feel like I should put in my two cents on the rag-mag thing. I know ya'll are just dyin' to hear my opinion -

Anyway, I thought about it and I realized that while I do not like or respect the magazine nor the franchise it represents, I respect Shayne's right to do what she wants. I think the photos were not as bad as they could have been but I just wish she wouldn't have chosen that particular magazine to be published in. I think she needs a publicist, manager, lawyer, whatever they have out there in the entertainment business to protect them from predatory or manipulative people - and yes, protecting them from making poor decisions.

I am not a member of Shayne's myspace, but I have read that she is apologetic for her photos. I think it takes a pretty mature person to realize s/he made a mistake and then apologizes - to the general public no less!- for that mistake. And it was a real apology - not one of those backhanded apologies - "I am so sorry if I offended anyone".

As to how this will affect her and Matt? I don't know. I do know that they have a lot of hurdles to get over just by the nature of their meeting and starting their relationship. And the track record isn't all that hot. But who knows? I just know I am wishing them the best of luck, love and life.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;3003248;
    The National Ledger. I thought it was cute too I love Gavin and Gwen...and little Kingston is adorable!
    Thanks cat, I found it! Very cute quote. Oh my gosh, Kingston is one of the cutest children i've ever seen, and of course with his own little style! I bet their second child will be just as cute

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;3003253;
    What a nice post! I too am so drained from posting this season. When visiting fort is more stressful than enjoyment, I know I have to limit my time.

You know, I feel like I should put in my two cents on the rag-mag thing. I know ya'll are just dyin' to hear my opinion -

Anyway, I thought about it and I realized that while I do not like or respect the magazine nor the franchise it represents, I respect Shayne's right to do what she wants. I think the photos were not as bad as they could have been but I just wish she wouldn't have chosen that particular magazine to be published in. I think she needs a publicist, manager, lawyer, whatever they have out there in the entertainment business to protect them from predatory or manipulative people - and yes, protecting them from making poor decisions.

I am not a member of Shayne's myspace, but I have read that she is apologetic for her photos. I think it takes a pretty mature person to realize s/he made a mistake and then apologizes - to the general public no less!- for that mistake. And it was a real apology - not one of those backhanded apologies - "I am so sorry if I offended anyone".

As to how this will affect her and Matt? I don't know. I do know that they have a lot of hurdles to get over just by the nature of their meeting and starting their relationship. And the track record isn't all that hot. But who knows? I just know I am wishing them the best of luck, love and life.
    I know what you mean about being drained, but I'm glad you are still posting. You make a very good point about Shayne's apology, I never saw it, but it does sound like she did make a heartfelt apology. I share your view on the outlook of this couple, it's a tough go to make a real relationship out of a meeting on The Bachelor, but the hopeless romantic in me always hopes, and I believe that it definitely can happen. Will it happen with Matt and Shayne? I'd love to see that, but most importantly I hope they find happiness whether together or apart.

I'm a Shayne and Matt fan, but when I saw the Chelsea video (and this just might be my subjective reaction to it) Chelsea also seemed a little offended FOR Shayne, like how could he say that about her, if he was going to marry her? I just picked up a hint of that through out the limo interview, but I also think Chelsea felt led astray by Matt's comments (if he did make specific comments about Shayne as Chelsea says she did) It also struck me as a bit odd Chelsea came up with the "square miles of the Island" comment, I took it as a dull date, and she was making small talk to fill in the empty space, but it also struck me as is she trying to show Matt she was superior as far as her intelligence goes. Also like when you are on a first date with a man, and that man trys to find ways to drop in how rich or successful he is into the conversation, and it comes out just awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by lanikai;3004077;
    I'm a Shayne and Matt fan, but when I saw the Chelsea video (and this just might be my subjective reaction to it) Chelsea also seemed a little offended FOR Shayne, like how could he say that about her, if he was going to marry her? I just picked up a hint of that through out the limo interview, but I also think Chelsea felt led astray by Matt's comments (if he did make specific comments about Shayne as Chelsea says she did) It also struck me as a bit odd Chelsea came up with the "square miles of the Island" comment, I took it as a dull date, and she was making small talk to fill in the empty space, but it also struck me as is she trying to show Matt she was superior as far as her intelligence goes. Also like when you are on a first date with a man, and that man trys to find ways to drop in how rich or successful he is into the conversation, and it comes out just awkward.
    You see...the problem here is that we've all been Fliesed to a certain extent and some more than others. BTW, I just love that word and think it should be in the slang dictionary.
    Anyhow I certainly do believe that the subject of Shayne and her intelligence did come up to Chelsea and some of the other girls. As a matter of fact that is just how Fliess wanted her portrayed or he wouldn't have done it. That is why I believe that Chelsea said what she did on the FD about the island and had said it again in her limo tirade. She wasn't happy Matt was telling her about the island like he thought she was stupid. Then he in his joking way said he'd been hanging out with the dumb blonde to long or whatever. He was probably rolling his eyes behind her head as he said it. I'm not sure she got his humor.

+ Reply to Thread