+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne - Bachelor London

TEAM SHAYNE~Pres. SLCE DRAMA101's Avatar

Re: Shayne - Bachelor London

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphie;2885969;
    I'm new the forum, as well. Even though I like Shayne, her butchering of the English language is painful (albeit amusing) to hear. My favorite, other than the "eyeing for your attention," has to be "sawl," as in "when I sawl that rose," from the episode last night. She's like a female Joey Tribbiani.
    LOL, consider this: WINE DATE=large consumption of wine="Sawl"
    Heck, it's a wonder they both could even talk. I can only imagine how much wine they consumed.
    I would love to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair

TEAM SHAYNE~Pres. SLCE DRAMA101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DRAMA101;2886010;
    LOL, consider this: WINE DATE=large consumption of wine="Sawl"
    Heck, it's a wonder they both could even talk. I can only imagine how much wine they consumed.
    oops, LOL, I meant WINERY date..
    I would love to kiss ya, but I just washed my hair

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2885997;
    I never knew there were so many prescriptivists among Fort members.

I thought she said "vying for your attention".

Saying /sawl/ is a product of a regional dialect and is the same as type of deal as oh, a Southern drawl. For the dialect that she has, speaking that way can be considered "standard" English.

More like a winery dialect?? - comeon - by that time she was pretty stonkered
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I heard the "sawl", too and thought that about dialect. I'll give her regionalisms, but she was born in California. They don't usually have a drawl at least I did not learn of any when I studied dialects in college.

I don't know how they drink so much and then walk. Did Matt drive them home after that date???!!!!! I hope not.

I think she's pretty in a soft focus kind of way, but not classic or striking, no. And yes, I do believe there are some poor extensions working there.

I know it's not an "English test" and I'm not watching expecting to see Masterpiece Theater quality perfomances, but it is representative of the sad state of our language. Matt has made some blunders, too, which always sounds strange in a proper English accent!

Shayne is endearing in a funny way - her anecdotes and stories that amused Matt would have been fun to hear and it is nice to see her stand up for the girls. I think Matt is attracted to her vulnerability - it makes a man feel so big and strong to protect someone like Shayne. BUT ... she does come off exactly as Matt described her - a LA Sex Kitten! Meow!

FORT Fogey

I like Shayne. I never thought I would like someone like her, but I do. She's not out to save the world, but she doesn't pretend to be. She admits to being high maintenance and makes no apologies. I love when people are true to themselves. Plus, she is one of the least catty girls of the bunch (at least so far), which I respect a great deal.

I think this season's bachelor isn't out to find a save-the-world type anyway, so who knows. They may be a match made in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2886214;
    I like Shayne. I never thought I would like someone like her, but I do. She's not out to save the world, but she doesn't pretend to be. She admits to being high maintenance and makes no apologies. I love when people are true to themselves. Plus, she is one of the least catty girls of the bunch (at least so far), which I respect a great deal.

I think this season's bachelor isn't out to find a save-the-world type anyway, so who knows. They may be a match made in heaven.

She is high maintenance, but admits it. I think some of the drama is an act, but I believe that we saw(L!) part of the real Shayne when she decided to drag those other two girls in to Matt. She didn't think that Robin (right name?, I'm still getting most of them confused) with a rose should have taken his time away from those without. And because she didn't like it, she did what needed to be done to rectify it. It showed a core strength, despite her high maintenance ways - some of which can probably be attributed to growing up in LA. I think it also showed a sensitivity to others that made me like her even more. Do I think she's the "best thing since sliced bread" or "a sandwich shy..." I think she's somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2886328;

She is high maintenance, but admits it. I think some of the drama is an act, but I believe that we saw(L!) part of the real Shayne when she decided to drag those other two girls in to Matt. She didn't think that Robin (right name?, I'm still getting most of them confused) with a rose should have taken his time away from those without. And because she didn't like it, she did what needed to be done to rectify it. It showed a core strength, despite her high maintenance ways - some of which can probably be attributed to growing up in LA. I think it also showed a sensitivity to others that made me like her even more. Do I think she's the "best thing since sliced bread" or "a sandwich shy..." I think she's somewhere in the middle.
    Agree 100% nice post.....

FORT Fanatic

i'm not keen on her baby/whiney voice and wonder what she would look like without all that hair hanging everywhere. but i do have to agree...she was a class act just before the rose ceremony when she interrupted robin's time so the other 2 women could have some alone time with him.

FORT Newbie

What I like about Shayne is although she is flirtatious, she does not serve herself up on a plate like most of the others. She holds back and because Matt senses that he becomes unsure and defensive.

If she has "cast a spell" on him, is he going to pretend and try find someone else to break it and ultimately end up with her?

+ Reply to Thread