+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 74 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Shayne - Bachelor London

Re: Shayne - Bachelor London

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2885670;
    This is quoted from the Shayne spoiler thread, but is not a spoiler:

Given the long pause before she admitted to being high maintenence, I think she was trying to figure out a way to give an answer Matt wanted to hear for that one, but recognized that she had no choice but to admit to it. Even she realized that he as asking that question not because he did not know, but because he wanted to know if she recognzied it in herself.

As for all the rest of the drama -- she's been doing it because it works. Everytime she does it, she holds Matt's attention. When he describes his ideal woman, does he say "I want a drama queen who makes everything about her"? No, he doesn't. But everytime she behaves like that, he pays attention. So she's putting on an act to win him over, and it's working. But I think that long term, its an act that will exhaust both of them.
    I absolutely agree!!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Hey there all! New to this forum, but have been watching and studying the Bachelor for a few seasons.

I think that if these girls are on for career advancement, then it's sad they don't have enough confidence in their talent that they have to embarrass themselves on national TV for fame.

Shayne has also been on General Hospital and has had some apperances as "Bikini girl" and "flight attendant" on some other shows. That is some serious talent right there.

My biggest beef with her is her improper use of pronouns, conjugation and subject/verb agreement, such as: "There is twenty other girls" and the popular one: "Him and I" and my favorite of hers so far was: "There is twenty girls EYEING for your attention!"

ROFL!!! I agree, she is one sandwich short of a picnic.

AAwww comeon - this isn't an english test - is it??!!??
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2885852;
    AAwww comeon - this isn't an english test - is it??!!??
    It took me a minute (hey, I'm on vacation!), but that was a good one.

The state of pronoun use of late is pathetic, everywhere. This show is no exception, nor is any particular bachelor or bachelorette.

On to my original reason for commenting here... I was having a hard time figuring out if I think Shayne is attractive or not. She is not a classical beauty like, say, Nicole Kidman, who is timeless in my opinion. Shayne has soft, puffy features, and I think Matt nailed it last night when he said she was an LA sex kitten. Her features, her hair, her manner of dress, it all screams of sex kitten. I like her hair color, but it looked last night like she totally ignored the back of her head. It was bumpy and separated in funny ways. I realize the cut and style is "a look," but you have to look at the back in a mirror once in awhile and brush out the weird bumps that come from rollers or straighteners or styling products, or whatever that was.

Or the hair extensions too
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Newbie

I'm new the forum, as well. Even though I like Shayne, her butchering of the English language is painful (albeit amusing) to hear. My favorite, other than the "eyeing for your attention," has to be "sawl," as in "when I sawl that rose," from the episode last night. She's like a female Joey Tribbiani.

the 'sawl' did make me chuckle- but I won't begrudge her english bafawws - Matt has a couple himself
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by WickedElphie;2885969;
    I'm new the forum, as well. Even though I like Shayne, her butchering of the English language is painful (albeit amusing) to hear. My favorite, other than the "eyeing for your attention," has to be "sawl," as in "when I sawl that rose," from the episode last night. She's like a female Joey Tribbiani.

I never knew there were so many prescriptivists among Fort members.

I thought she said "vying for your attention".

Saying /sawl/ is a product of a regional dialect and is the same as type of deal as oh, a Southern drawl. For the dialect that she has, speaking that way can be considered "standard" English.

One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

+ Reply to Thread