+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda R. - Bachelor London

Re: Amanda R. - Bachelor London

Oh, and since this is the Amanda thread I almost forgot why I came here! It seems Amanda is the favorite; she is striking and appears to have a sweet personality.
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2867365;
    Shayne's hair color does NOT occur naturally on ANYONE!

(Not that I have a problem with that - I doubt there are many girls on the show who haven't at least had hilights)
    I have less problem with chromatic follicles than I do with "implants"... But since this is about Amanda....

Go Amanda! Rah Rah Rah

Someone on ABC board posed a HS graduation pic of her.. Even there you can see she has a very engaging personality

Re: Amanda R. - Bachelor London - Rude new ABC Ad posted on the site there

Makes fun of Amanda's meeps condition.

I made a rare post, and started a thread on the ABC board...

You can see the Commercial there

My post :
    "I want to register my complaint that the preview makes fun of Amanda's meeps condition by gratuitously showing it. Are you trying to attract viewers by implying she is a freak? SHAME! From what I have seen she is a pretty and sweet person who has a condition, which could be dealt with with much more consideration."

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Thank you BigEd for taking the time (and entering the swamp) to write that post at abc. I too find that the meeps is moving into the realm of exploitation and detracting us from discovering Amanda. I noticed in the preview clip they also showed more dancing at the next RC party. So now we know two "things" about Amanda - meeps and dancing - but haven't been shown Amanda. What a shame.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by bigedlb;2871650;
    I have less problem with chromatic follicles than I do with "implants"... But since this is about Amanda....

Go Amanda! Rah Rah Rah

Someone on ABC board posed a HS graduation pic of her.. Even there you can see she has a very engaging personality

Chromatic follicles....LOL...I love it!!! Filing that one away to use it later! Thanks Biged for the chuckles.

FORT Newbie

She is definitely a cutie, but dang! They chopped quite a bit of her nose off.
    I'll bet she had braces too... the way she pulls up her top lip so high might be a sign.

No judgement on either, btw... just noting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bigedlb;2872306;
    Makes fun of Amanda's meeps condition.

I made a rare post, and started a thread on the ABC board...

You can see the Commercial there

My post :
    "I want to register my complaint that the preview makes fun of Amanda's meeps condition by gratuitously showing it. Are you trying to attract viewers by implying she is a freak? SHAME! From what I have seen she is a pretty and sweet person who has a condition, which could be dealt with with much more consideration."
    I know Amanda casually and have been out with her before. When the meeps happen, they do sound like they do on TV - but they are never ever one after another like they have made that commercial out to be. I think it is really mean. When she gets it, they are like a minute apart and most people don't even pause to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryNight81;2877616;
    I know Amanda casually and have been out with her before. When the meeps happen, they do sound like they do on TV - but they are never ever one after another like they have made that commercial out to be. I think it is really mean. When she gets it, they are like a minute apart and most people don't even pause to notice.

Thanks for letting us know. I think the commercial was a little bit mean spirited as well. I hope Amanda isn't too upset about it. We just love her here!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

I like Amanda, too. Actually, she's really the only one of the bunch I like. I don't mean to sound heartless, but they are just hiccups. It's not a life threatening disease. She seems to have a good attitude about them and doesn't seem to be too bothered by them herself. In fact, don't some of her friends have shirts that say "team meeps"?
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." ~Theodore Roosevelt~

I just adore Amanda as she has been presented on the show thus far. I feel that it is a testament to her character how she chooses to handle her meeps condition. Many people would let something like meeps make them introverted and an outcast....Amanda has chosen to be self deprecating about it and laugh it off which makes her all the more endearing to me.

+ Reply to Thread