+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930

Thread: Amanda R. - Bachelor London

Re: Amanda R. - Bachelor London

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2969378;
    [re: 'if I were to draw my perfect woman I would draw her'] -- You know, I said exactly this (well, with "perfect man" in it) while dumping a guy. What I meant was: If I were thinking in the abstract about just exactly what I wanted, that person would look like you, have a job like you, have a personality like yours. And yet in real life ... I'm just not feeling it with you. So, although you're perfect and wonderful, you're not for me.
    ... The person you'd choose according to a checklist of characteristics is rarely the person you choose when you actually interact with them, in my experience, particularly if you have other people to choose from at the time.

Seems inexplicable, doesn't it, but I couldn't agree more!natashapierre
    -- No matter how perfect someone seems on paper, i just ...can't manufacture feelings of love -- and I always choose to go with my heart, not my head, in important things like love!
    ...So i actually totally got his letting Amanda go as I didn't see the sparks I would have needed to keep her if I were him [although I'll be the 1st to admit that could be due to the edit I bought!] and (don't get mad, Amanda fans) but it didn't break my heart because I'm not invested in any of the remaining b'ettes -- I enjoy watching all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by my#1distraction;2972802;
    I can dream big canít I? ... Thanks for letting me dream on your space.
    That being said -- I could totally! go for #1distraction's "big dream" where Matt was secretly desperately in love w/ Amanda but just couldn't show it before.
    Now THAT would make for some dramatic tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you go girl!
    "When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth..."

Reposting this comment.

Amanda receiving the FR would be gripping, romantic and a true storybook ending. This storyline would definitely bring the viewers back, but alas, I think this is just a fairytale. Darn, I wish I could believe in fairytales.
    Last edited by Jasmine305; 05-10-2008 at 10:34 AM. Reason: punction, spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine305;2983884;
    Reposting this comment.

Amanda receiving the FR would be gripping, romantic and a true storybook ending. This storyline would definitely bring the viewers back, but alas, I think this is just a fairytale. Darn, I wish I could believe in fairytales.
    If it was the "right guy" for Amanda; it would be. IMO, she has love coming her way, as soon as she can open up more to a potential suitor.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

Quote Originally Posted by sluether28;2972168;
    To go one step furthur I wonder if Matt even hypothetically mentioned an engagement to Amanda during the FD and thats why she had the idea in her head. Maybe at first she didn't jump at the idea so out she went.... That senerio would definitely make the like vs love explanation more reasonable IMO. His loss and her gain if this is the case.
    That scenario certainly sounds feasible to me. I will say that Matt did not appear as comfortable with Amanda on her FD as he had previously. This could be attributable to the edit, but it was puzzling. It would make sense that Matt had done as you suggested and given her a chance to use the word "love" then thought rats, she's not a sure thing for a proposal, next. I have NO doubt but that Matt was at the very least heavily pressured to insure an accepted proposal. I certainly believe that at a minimum Shayne was a guaranteed f2 because of a contract with Fleiss. I am somewhat open to the possibility that there was no guarantee of an F1, but there is no doubt in my mind but that Shayne was willing to absolutely ACT the role of being in love which was a basic requirement for Fleiss. I also am not sure that Matt wanted the encumberance of true love, he was a young guy just wanting to have fun and break into show biz.

Shayne clearly had the best room with Amanda's being a distant second, so I think they were the anticipated f2 until Amanda appeared to not leap into love. This is what I think most likely happened. It's more than suspicious to me that Shayne's room was SOOOOOO far above the others that I think she was the fantasy set up girl all along for Matt. The subliminal message would be pick Shayne and this is the life you'll get. Oh well, I jsut always like to know the inside scoop, but I feel like we've seen enough to draw our own conclusions and the future will tell more of the tale.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2999731;
    That scenario certainly sounds feasible to me. I will say that Matt did not appear as comfortable with Amanda on her FD as he had previously. This could be attributable to the edit, but it was puzzling. It would make sense that Matt had done as you suggested and given her a chance to use the word "love" then thought rats, she's not a sure thing for a proposal, next. I have NO doubt but that Matt was at the very least heavily pressured to insure an accepted proposal. I certainly believe that at a minimum Shayne was a guaranteed f2 because of a contract with Fleiss. I am somewhat open to the possibility that there was no guarantee of an F1, but there is no doubt in my mind but that Shayne was willing to absolutely ACT the role of being in love which was a basic requirement for Fleiss. I also am not sure that Matt wanted the encumberance of true love, he was a young guy just wanting to have fun and break into show biz.

Shayne clearly had the best room with Amanda's being a distant second, so I think they were the anticipated f2 until Amanda appeared to not leap into love. This is what I think most likely happened. It's more than suspicious to me that Shayne's room was SOOOOOO far above the others that I think she was the fantasy set up girl all along for Matt. The subliminal message would be pick Shayne and this is the life you'll get. Oh well, I jsut always like to know the inside scoop, but I feel like we've seen enough to draw our own conclusions and the future will tell more of the tale.
    If something happened at the point of the FD date to change his mind bringing her into F2...I would suspect it might of came from that evenings date. If you go back & look right after they show what we think is a finish to their zipline date on the platform....Matt gives kudos to Amanda for going with him on that date & then hugs Amanda. It's a very convincible all-encompanssing squeezing long lasting hug.....I don't know what he meant by it but it was real...whether that as a friend or he did have feelings for her.

+ Reply to Thread