+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Amanda R. - Bachelor London

FORT Fan

Re: Amanda R. - Bachelor London

One thing we have to remember is that the WTA was taped 1st before the other interviews even though we've already had access to the interviews(Ellen, teleconference). So there maybe some contradictions but that might be associated with some closure. She didn't have that closure until the WTA.

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;2965347;
    What I don't get is Amanda has stated in interviews, that she was not in love with Matt and that they did not have a connection early on like some seem to think......Now with that being said are we now not to believe what Amanda has said? She is not heart broken, I like all of the F4 I hope Amanda have nothing but happiness......
    Who knows.. she may have been saying that as to not feel like an idiot for saying she was falling in love with him.. I don't know.. if she didn't have a little connection with him then why was she so shocked and upset at the RC?

Quote Originally Posted by candimichele;2965801;
    Who knows.. she may have been saying that as to not feel like an idiot for saying she was falling in love with him.. I don't know.. if she didn't have a little connection with him then why was she so shocked and upset at the RC?
    Exactly!! I think she was just following the company line in her interviews. I'll be more interesting in the stuff that comes out after the show has already aired. That is when the real truth comes out...
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

FORT Newbie

I want a season do over. I want Amanda to be F1-and Lynn7 confirmed for me why she could have been.

IMHO I think it is ironic that the one season Fleiss needed a love story, he actually could have had a genuine one begin on this show.

I wanted Amanda to go to London. I think her trip to London would have "sealed the deal". I think Matt's family would have held Amanda hostage until Matt was done sowing his wild oats and trying to live out any possible Hollywood dreams.

When I didn't see Amanda's limbo dance, I thought maybe that was her LCD. However, I saw the handwriting on the wall with the rose petals and Shaynes FD room and Chelsea's black nightdress routine. I think Fleiss threw Amanda and others under the bus.

My question for Amanda fans, if it's possible Matt may have thought London would seal the deal with Amanda, but he knew the Shayne show would finish out, was it better for Amanda to be let go at F3 if he couldn't make her F1?

PS. I saw the links for Shaynes and Chelseas FD suites, but why do most think Amanda's room was better than Chelsea's? sorry if this has already been shown.

Maybe he was heading somewhere with Amanda but maybe it jsut wasn't enough and he had serious doubts about anything lasting beyond the show. Just impossible to tell !!

FORT Regular

Re: Amanda R. **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;2961657;
    Looks like being the youngest of five boys (his bro(s) much older than him that he was used to them telling him what to do over the years. Now that he was in the driver's seat he lost his sensitivity chip in his brain somewhere on the way to Barbados.
    I wish I could remember the Author of a book that I read about Birth Order. I never finished reading it and have since misplaced it but...... It was quite interesting to read about a youngest child and the oldest child. Matt is the baby of his family and is following in behavior as the book said. idk if Amanda is the eldest or the baby since we saw so little of her. My guess might be that she is the younger sibling. With her pranks and sense of humor she too might be the youngest. IMHO, Matt could have had a problem down the road with not being the most funny, gregarious, and silly of the couple.
    Wish I could find that darn book. Since reading the Fort I get nothing done in my house anymore. It's probably under the laundry pile waiting to be washed.

FORT Newbie

I'm putting this post in this thread because I am an Amanda fan and even if others think " this is so yesterday, give it a rest".

I am such a big believer in the messages body language show. I'm trying to encourage my son to do his college senior thesis project on body language.

So my questions: can a really good actor fake body language? I can see some body posture and mannerisms faked, but how consistently can it be covered? Reading Lynn's takes on what she saw between Matt and Amanda just seemed like it wasn't fake-albeit shown with a Fleiss edit. The laughs, especially the head back and bent over laughter, the intensity of looks, the sparkles, the reaching in or bringing Amanda into his space.

I think the body language shown was even more telling considering Matt kept Amanda on the back burner-IMHO based on this part of recent interview with Amanda:

Do you think receiving the first-impression rose maybe gave you or him a false sense of comfort about the relationship? Amanda:In a way I think it might have been a negative because in the next few Rose Ceremonies I didn't have any time with him, and he was saying, "It's because I knew I was going to give you a rose." But I think it was a negative because the other girls were getting to spend time with him and actually have conversations, whereas with us it was still all based on look.

I also believe voice intonations give clues. I loved the way Matt said at the diner; "I'm not lying. I promise you." and the intensity of his discussion with the fake dad, and then when Matt wants to pull Amanda in to comfort her when he thinks she is embarrassed because her Fake mom was drunk. Whether they were or not, they seemed like genuine tender moments to me. Could it have led to starting a relationship-who knows, but the need for a good season and bringing in a Fleiss connection actress didn't help.

I wish someone would track down that fake dad and find out what Matt told him before the fake mom went outside.

Another question for Lynn. That look that seemed to be from Matt was believed in March to be watching Amanda do the limbo. Does the look signal any different meaning knowing that it came during a dinner conversation? And did you observe Matt's body language changing back and forth at all during the FD or the dumping speech and the shutting of the limo door? I was wondering if the face/body clues showed indifference to wishfulness or interest to indifference or I don't know what.

I just think something happened after the HT and the FD. Maybe Fliess put some contracts under Matt's nose and said " who would have guessed you'd make some connections with other girls, the story will still end the same"

I apologize to anyone thinking I am just beating on a dead horse-or cow. I've been thinking about this for over a week until I could get back to the forums and maybe this will help me give it a rest. I don't know why I am so invested in this show. I need to move on to DeAnna's -my first bachelorette season. I think I'll concentrate on the red phone booth and DB until May 19.

Thanks to any and all responses. Bachelor FORTERS are great.

I am not an expert in reading body language or anything, but I do know that bias can alter judgment in everything. I really like Amanda, but I didn't see any sparks there, in fact I didn't see much at all because we were not shown anything. Now I understand, there wasn't much to show. Every single third person on this show opens up and then gets dumped. Is it nice? Not really. Is it the way the show works? Absolutely.

I listened to Matt's radio interview today and I personally did not see anything that was cruel. It was all in jest. Maybe not the best type of joke because they were mostly satirical and put downs, but that is his type of humour and I think Amanda would know that best.

I personally think Matt did not pick her because there wasn't anything there. I don't feel that Shayne was hired for this show. I also really like Chelsea. I actually liked all three girls. This is the part of the season every time that becomes heated and personal, so in a way I am really glad that I like all of the final girls because it just makes the show enjoyable.

DEW
    FORT Regular

Could you put your post in the body language thread in the spoilers section? I don't know how many people continue to read this thread since Amanda has been eliminated. I really like your observations and would love to hear Lynn's take as well. Thanks.

Re: Amanda R. **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by She2kat;2967958;
    I wish I could remember the Author of a book that I read about Birth Order. I never finished reading it and have since misplaced it but...... It was quite interesting to read about a youngest child and the oldest child. Matt is the baby of his family and is following in behavior as the book said. idk if Amanda is the eldest or the baby since we saw so little of her. My guess might be that she is the younger sibling. With her pranks and sense of humor she too might be the youngest. IMHO, Matt could have had a problem down the road with not being the most funny, gregarious, and silly of the couple.
    Wish I could find that darn book. Since reading the Fort I get nothing done in my house anymore. It's probably under the laundry pile waiting to be washed.
    I nearly wrote this exact post weeks ago -- so glad you did. I'm one of 6 (I'm in the middle). I immediately spotted Matt as having many typical characteristics of a youngest. Thanks for bringing out this interesting point.

Family Systems Theory is the another theory that is fun to play around with here. Brad Womack was textbook personality for what you'd get with his family -- father leaves upsetting socio-economic self-image, mother remarries multiple times, being a twin.

+ Reply to Thread