+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Amanda R. - Bachelor London

Re: Amanda R. - Bachelor London

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2959210;
    I guess I don't care for the word. I am glad that ABC bleeped it, but now I have to read it and see it in living color. I find it offensive.
    I can empathize. I remember Hillary last year. At first I was totally grossed out, but then I started laughing. I recommend you don't visit some of the other boards; it stays relatively mild here.
    It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons- Johann Schiller ~and daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;2959152;
    I am so disillusioned with Amanda being booted, I don't even want to watch the final rose ceremony. I'll hear about it. I thought for a change, we were getting a real love story.
    I think that is most of us are doing. We are watching the WTA and then it will be a break for a week and then DeAnna's show. I personally don't care to watch The Shayne show anymore than I have to.

FORT Fogey

Re: Amanda R. **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tamelaine;2957371;
    Oh, I know. She sounded so incredibly nervous didn't she? I will say one thing though-she definitely didn't say "like" at the WTA-she was articulated and forthright. Seems that it came from nerves to me for sure.
    I think it was nerves and anger too. 'Like' must have replaced the meeps. I don't think Amanda would be in the job she has saying like all the time. I will give her some slack.

I thought I heard Amanda say 'I thought we were getting married' or 'I thought I would get married'

Maybe Matt talked or asked her about rings. She sure was shocked at the RC.
    Last edited by onlyme; 04-30-2008 at 04:30 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OutsideLookinIn;2957497;
    Next time we just all go for the F3, no more F1 for us 'yachters'... Our record is now 2-0 for picking F3 ladies (some of us at least )

Hey TessaFan
    Yes I jumped from the yacht to the ferris wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;2959152;
    I am so disillusioned with Amanda being booted, I don't even want to watch the final rose ceremony. I'll hear about it. I thought for a change, we were getting a real love story.

I feel the same way.. But unfortunately I don’t think Matt was really there for the reasons he stated.. If he was there to find a wife and life partner, some how in all the Hollywood hoopla he lost himself..

BUT………It also makes me think of a joke by Jay Leno some years back..

Sorry for such a crude joke but I think it’s exactly what happened to Matt..

(inserting blushing smiley here, couldn’t find one on the list)

Jay Leno said,

God made one mistake when he made Men.. He gave them two heads, but only enough blood to run one at a time.. And gravity usually prevails..

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlekeeper;2959379;
    I feel the same way.. But unfortunately I don’t think Matt was really there for the reasons he stated.. If he was there to find a wife and life partner, some how in all the Hollywood hoopla he lost himself..

BUT………It also makes me think of a joke by Jay Leno some years back..

Sorry for such a crude joke but I think it’s exactly what happened to Matt..

(inserting blushing smiley here, couldn’t find one on the list)

Jay Leno said,

God made one mistake when he made Men.. He gave them two heads, but only enough blood to run one at a time.. And gravity usually prevails..

I have to say it is a good thing that I didn't have liquid in my mouth.
    This is so very true for he majority of men in this world.

At least when Shayne realizes that she has won the boobie prize instead of a real prize she will boot (and she has many to choose from) him to the curb and then maybe will go home and we will not have to see the douchebag's face in press at all.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by peacemar33;2959330;
    I personally don't care to watch The Shayne show anymore than I have to.
    I think I'm more stunned that I didn't pick the F2 or F1. My "pick" has never been a F3.

Good for Amanda. I'm so glad when he was giving her his line of bullpoo that she said "well, I don't believe you". I read her lips immediately when she called him a "D-bag", so unlike her, but given the situation and the line of crap he's probably been feeding her, she has every right.

Some may have found it vulgar, but hey, I found it completely vulgar watching Matt hump a phone booth stating he was horny.

His radio interview turned me off completely. His lack of sincerity digusted me and shows you that he thinks he takes no blame into leading on Amanda and others.

If Shayne needed a man in her life why didn't she go on that Bravo show called "Millionaire Matchmaker". Oh yes, Shayne is a sweet girl. Be real she's a high-maintenance, a spoiled daddy's girl who has gotten everything in life without breaking a sweat. Fleiss exposed that side of her showing the number of shoes and boots she has, the incessant looking at herself to make sure her makeup was fine, using a tan-sprayer. That lifestyle is normal to this girl and I'm not buying for one minute that Matt will be able to put up with that for a lifetime.

The other girls in the house were at a severe disadvantage when Fleiss set this one up.

In retrospect, I feel actually good that my favorite was F3 and I don't have to go through watching her be humiliated at F2 -- poor Chelsea.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

I watched the Ellen show this morning. Amanda is very attractive - and just glows. She was very composed - able to laugh easily about the whole experience. She was embarrassed about the number of "likes" she said in talking to Matt - but she said she was just so nervous. She said he was a great guy - and it was hard for him with 25 great gals all there for him. She said that she was totally thrown off guard - was sure she was staying and even felt sorry for Chelsea when she heard Shayne's name called. She knew about Matt saying if he had to sketch his ideal etc on the first night - and he had even said that to her at the FD dinner - so she was not prepared at all. Ellen was trying to get something going with the dj for the Ellen show - they were cute together too !

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2959101;
    I have not heard the radio show or seen a transcript, but is it possible that he said not if you have to live with them 24/7 on Amanda's behalf? Maybe she had issues with them and he was defending her, meaning she doesn't find them endearing.
    You need to listen to the interview and/or read the transcript to get the full effect...
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

FORT Regular

I don't know how to respond to that on the Ellen show. I was thinking we'd get more anger. Guess she's still not allowed to talk about it in anything other than glowing terms? Or, just as we thought, Amanda is a lady.

+ Reply to Thread