Closed Thread
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

The schedule has its own thread in Spoilers & Speculations.

Should be getting down to the nitty-gritty.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I was so bummed last night that Chris didn't make dancing with the stars... I would have loved to see him cutting the rug.

Looking for love in reality TV places

Looking for love in reality TV places

By JASON SCHULTZ

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Sunday, February 24, 2008

PORT ST. LUCIE — — Dozens of people took a step toward finding love, or at least 15 minutes of fame, when they showed up at Tradition Square Saturday morning to audition for a TV reality show.

"I believe if you really want to find your soul mate, there should be no limits," said Marisa Hazen of Port St. Lucie.

Meghan McCarthy/The Post

Veronica Zivillica (left) 25, and her friend Stefanie Pandolfo, 27, both of Jupiter, fill out applications Saturday during a casting call for The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.
    (Picture)

The 22-year-old was one of several women and men hoping for a part on The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, two romance-related shows on ABC.

After filling out forms, contestants made 3-minute audition tapes asserting why they should be selected.

Both shows follow the same format in which a man or woman is allowed the luxury of choosing a mate from a handful of suitors. Each week, the bachelor or bachelorette eliminates one candidate from the group.

All of the tapes from this and other auditions around the country are sent to Los Angeles casting directors who will decide who competes, said Mark Prutisto, integrated media director for WPBF-TV Channel 25, the local ABC affiliate station that conducted the auditions.

This is the second time the shows have had auditions in Port St. Lucie; they had auditions in Fort Lauderdale Thursday.

"South Florida has been a great place to select applicants from," Prutisto said.

Many of the contestants went all out. Several strolled in during the noon heat sporting styled hair, made-up faces, high-heel shoes and sheer dresses with plunging necklines.

One of the men, Mike Smith, 47, of Fort Pierce, said he tried out for The Bachelorette because he has not been able to find women his age since he moved here from Georgia. The women he encounters on the Treasure Coast are too young for him, he said.

"I'm really not into the bar scene," Smith said.

"That makes it hard to meet women unless you want to go to the Internet."

The median age of women in St. Lucie County in 2006 was 41.5, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

For one applicant, Ashley Dandron, 22, of Port St. Lucie, it was the second time she tried to get on a reality show. Several years ago, she auditioned for Real World on MTV.

"It would be a great experience," Dandron said. "I'm ready to find love."

Hazen said she has watched nearly every season of The Bachelor, but for her, getting on the show is of secondary importance to finding love.

"The whole TV thing doesn't have anything to do with it," she said. "If you truly want to do it for yourself, you'll do it."
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Excellent find, Jelle!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Newbie

Hi, everyone! I've been reading this board for years, decided to join in this time. You guys are the best!
    ]
    So, I came on about an hour ago expecting to see screencaps already on the new Bachelor 12 commercial they showed last night during Raisin in the Sun, and I can't even find a reference to it

They showed a quick shot of what looked like all or most of the girls at what appeared to be the meet and greet when Brad - er - Matt (Freudian slip - ah the illusions we had at that moment last season!) first entered the room where they were all gathered and waiting. I couldn't believe they were showing a shot of all the girls while it's still filming.

Did I hallucinate this ad? Did anyone see such a commercial, during Raisin or at anytime? I need a reality check!

Wow, they showed a commercial and we missed it! Thank you for telling us about it, kittykatkid, and welcome to the Fort!

Hopefully the network will reshow the commercial again very soon, or someone was able to snag screenshots from last night's commercial.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

kittykatkid Welcome

Darn, I heard something was going to be on but forgot completely last night. Hopefully someone else will snag it. Thanks for the heads up
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Here's a link to a story about the upcoming "where are they now" show on March 10.
    ABC Catches Up with Past 'Bachelors' - 'Where Are They Now?' special leads into new season - Zap2it

Simplechef, thanks for posting that link!! It looks like it is going to be an interesting show! It's going to air in only about a week and a half and then it will be time for The Bachelor show to begin -- things are starting to move fast now!!

Welcome to the FORT kittykatkid! How exciting that they showed a clip of Matt and the women from the first night! I was helping my dd study for the Constitution test so I didn't have the TV on at all last night. Hopefully they will show it again soon!

The commercial is being shown on the "old" abc bachelor page featuring Brad - not the new page featuring Matt. Discussions and screencaps are up in the Spoilers and Speculation sub folder.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread