Closed Thread
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Bachelor Matt Grant: It’s Not Cool to Keep My Ring

July 30, 2008

Despite his ex-fiancée’s claims, Bachelor Matt Grant is definitely not okay with Shayne Lamas keeping their engagement ring.

“It wasn’t a ‘gift’ so much,” the Birtish-born financier tells PEOPLE. “It’s not a television or a handbag. It’s a symbol of marriage that didn’t happen.”

Lamas, 22, recently told PEOPLE she planned to keep the 2.85-carat Tacori platinum-and-diamond eternity ring “safe and clean and in a glass box — like a glass slipper.” She claimed Grant was fine with that, adding, “He wants to come over and look at it.”

But the star of The Bachelor: London Calling insists that conversation never took place.

“We never discussed this,” he says. “I never said it was cool to just keep it. If she said we spoke about it, she just made it up. Sometimes she thinks she can say anything and I’ll go along with it.”

Almost as soon as the final rose was presented, Grant and Lamas were dogged by rumors of romantic discord. They finally announced their split earlier this month.

Grant, 27, says he doesn’t want the ring back. But he does think Lamas — daughter of TV’s Lorenzo Lamas — should auction off the bauble for charity.

“Let’s have something good come out of this,” he explains. “Why hold onto it? What’s the point?”

Grant’s new proposal: Auction off the ring and have each donate their half of the proceeds to a favorite charity. (Grant’s pet cause is the abolition of puppy mills).

Grant says that the show’s sponsors paid for the engagement ring, which he valued at $65,000. So it’s not his money at stake.

“But at the end of the day, it was mine to give to her,” he argues. “And thus I’m like, ‘C’mon!’ I’m sure Shayne will agree it’s best going to charity.” –Bryan Alexander
    Bachelor Matt Grant: It’s Not Cool to Keep My Ring - PEOPLE TV Watch

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3148379;
    I have been exercising considerable, unusual, self-control of late on certain Subjects, as any who "know" me on this site might agree.

However, I can't resist repeating this quote from Matt's Facebook comment, which he just edited to read in response to the above People piece:

"Matt Grant thinks all irrelevant rings should go to the Humane Society and not collect dust in weird glass boxes."

Matt is funny. Way funnier than Monkey. And way more saleable in Hollywood without Monkey. Good luck Matt. Bye Bye Monkey.

P.S. I thought he was decent on Yahoo TV link above. He speaks quickly for American audiences. It's easy to miss the joke. But he'll get better.

I think we have the real Matt Grant back (without the monkey).

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nuffced;3149740;
    I think we have the real Matt Grant back (without the monkey).

The best thing that could have happened to him.

Go Figure. Imagine that! How ... utterly predictable, and predicted.

Usmagazine.com | Bachelor Matt Grant Turned Off by Shayne Lamas' Partying

Shayne Dahl Lamas was in good spirits when she appeared at Lifetime's How to Look Good Naked charity fashion event in Hollywood July 25 - less than 24 hours after she and her fiance, The Bachelor: London Calling's Matt Grant, had announced their split in a joint statement.

"It's about hitting the gym, baby! It's about getting my mojo back!" Lamas tells Us Weekly in its latest issue, on newsstands now.

What went wrong between the English financier and the aspiring actress?

While Lamas reveled in the media attention, even posing for the cover of Girls Gone Wild magazine, Grant was reticent to continue a high-profile life, Us Weekly reports in its latest issue.

"I'm used to the Hollywood BS [her dad is actor Lorenzo Lamas], but it really got into Matt's head," Lamas tells Us.

"After he moved to L.A. and saw her constantly partying and clubbing, he realized that she wasn't behaving like a woman who was ready to be in a serious relationship," a source close to Grant reveals.
    Check out the new issue of Us Weekly for the full scoop on Lamas and Grant's breakup including the cheating rumors, plus details on Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas' wedding gown and an update on Bryon Velvick and Mary Delgado

FORT Regular

I loved reading everyones posts... Lots of great humor out here.

I for one never liked Shayne, her temper tantrum in Vegas did it for me and the way she talked made me want to barf. I'm not surprized she'll keep the ring, and I'm sure some will say 'she deserves it', but I beg to differ. She should auction it off and either split the money with Matt or give it to charity. (and I dont mean to cover her Mother's plastic surgery faux pas either....)

I'm glad Matt has come out and told the truth and shown the world what a liar she is. (for those that didnt already see that).... This kind of publicity will ensure she'll never make an A list anywhere.

Has Matt decided to stay here in the US, or is he going to move back to London? I agree, that now he is without his Monkey, he has a better opportunity for stardom if he chooses. I wonder why they really broke up anyways... You have to wonder if he wasnt the one who really said "I'm outta here" after a month of being with her.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3150373;
    Go Figure. Imagine that! How ... utterly predictable, and predicted.

Usmagazine.com | Bachelor Matt Grant Turned Off by Shayne Lamas' Partying

Shayne Dahl Lamas was in good spirits when she appeared at Lifetime's How to Look Good Naked charity fashion event in Hollywood July 25 - less than 24 hours after she and her fiance, The Bachelor: London Calling's Matt Grant, had announced their split in a joint statement.

"It's about hitting the gym, baby! It's about getting my mojo back!" Lamas tells Us Weekly in its latest issue, on newsstands now.

What went wrong between the English financier and the aspiring actress?

While Lamas reveled in the media attention, even posing for the cover of Girls Gone Wild magazine, Grant was reticent to continue a high-profile life, Us Weekly reports in its latest issue.

"I'm used to the Hollywood BS [her dad is actor Lorenzo Lamas], but it really got into Matt's head," Lamas tells Us.

"After he moved to L.A. and saw her constantly partying and clubbing, he realized that she wasn't behaving like a woman who was ready to be in a serious relationship," a source close to Grant reveals.
    Check out the new issue of Us Weekly for the full scoop on Lamas and Grant's breakup including the cheating rumors, plus details on Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas' wedding gown and an update on Bryon Velvick and Mary Delgado
    um, jlccaz, can you stop MAKING UP stories like that? We all know that wasn't really in US Weekly. Matt-n-Shayne 4-Eva!!!

I have to admit laughing out loud when I read that article last night. Obviously Shayne is in la-la-land, pretending everything is great, while Matt is starting to tell it like it is. I can't wait to hear more about the incredibly mature, marriage-focused Shayne we've all come to love.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sushifan;3150401;
    um, jlccaz, can you stop MAKING UP stories like that? We all know that wasn't really in US Weekly. Matt-n-Shayne 4-Eva!!!

I have to admit laughing out loud when I read that article last night. Obviously Shayne is in la-la-land, pretending everything is great, while Matt is starting to tell it like it is. I can't wait to hear more about the incredibly mature, marriage-focused Shayne we've all come to love.

I question Matt's character. Now I believe what Chelsea said in her exit diary is true. Maybe Shanye could not trust Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter;3150451;
    I question Matt's character. Now I believe what Chelsea said in her exit diary is true. Maybe Shanye could not trust Matt.
    Chelsea also told Matt that shayne was the "falsest" person there. Now, that I believe.

took a while i guess for the showmance to wear off...

the more breakups the better

I adore Matt's sense of humor and hope we see more of him.

Closed Thread