Closed Thread
Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3066584;
    Not everyone is comfortable with living together....I am just speaking for me, but if the man I was engaged to was from another country and he moved here, I would want him to get in OWN place.....Yes I would let him share my place until he get his place, but I wouldn't want it to be permanent until we are married......But that's just me and maybe Shayne feels somewhat like this, underneath all of the supposedly hollywood life she has seen....
    I agree, luvlady. I did just that with a boyfriend who I was dating long-distance before he moved to Florida to be with me. At first, he got his own place but then he couldn't find a job for a while (he left a great job in CA and neither of us expected him to have a problem). So, as a 'stop-gap', he moved in with me for a while until he found a job. Yes, we wanted to be together, but personally, I think until you make the commitment of marriage, you're better off having your own personal space. I don't really know what's going on with Matt & Shayne - none of us do - but I think its healthy for Matt to get his own place, if in fact they are a couple. They will need to achieve some level of normalcy following the show before they can really figure out if they're meant to be together. If, in fact, they are a couple...

I don't know how true this is:Shayne host her own Bachelorette Party supposedly

Luxor Las Vegas Nightlife - LAX

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345;3071227;
    I don't know how true this is:Shayne host her own Bachelorette Party supposedly

Luxor Las Vegas Nightlife - LAX

It was true, as a couple of acquaintences actually made it to the club party. Apparently, this was a paid appearance; and she was acting as a party hostess for the LAX Club; sort of like the featured "lead dancer".

Las Vegas Nightlife Just click on LAX

It's a good thing that Matt's goal is to work in Hollywood. Apparently Citibank is planning for major reductions in investment banking staff. Citigroup may cut 10% of investment banking staff - MarketWatch

FORT Regular

I saw this in the NY Post today:

July 20, 2008 --

THE love affair between British bachelor Matt Grant and his pneumatic nymph, Shayne Llamas, has ended. Just two days after Page Six reported Lamas had cheated on the "Bachelor" star with Las Vegas media mogul Justin Weneger, Lamas phoned Grant and called off the coupling. Spies said the aspiring actress is planning a trip to see Weneger soon. Grant, who moved from London to LA to be near his sweetie, is said to be devastated. Maybe next time he'll pick brains over beauty.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Uh...weren't they supposed to be in London this past week?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maggiehuck;3138447;
    I saw this in the NY Post today:

July 20, 2008 --

THE love affair between British bachelor Matt Grant and his pneumatic nymph, Shayne Llamas, has ended. Just two days after Page Six reported Lamas had cheated on the "Bachelor" star with Las Vegas media mogul Justin Weneger, Lamas phoned Grant and called off the coupling. Spies said the aspiring actress is planning a trip to see Weneger soon. Grant, who moved from London to LA to be near his sweetie, is said to be devastated. Maybe next time he'll pick brains over beauty.

Unfortunately, I can't claim to have thought this up, but a friend of mine shared that somebody posted this in another forum:

A fool and his monkey are soon parted!

Of course, I'd like to have a little more proof than from Page Six and the NY Post, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it's true. Justin Weneger must have a lot of bucks, though, because she probably isn't attracted to him physically.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3140521;
    Unfortunately, I can't claim to have thought this up, but a friend of mine shared that somebody posted this in another forum:

A fool and his monkey are soon parted!

Of course, I'd like to have a little more proof than from Page Six and the NY Post, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it's true. Justin Weneger must have a lot of bucks, though, because she probably isn't attracted to him physically.
    The photo next to the headline for the story is NOT Weneger. Dreamer posted a pic with the bio of him and his partner's Vegas media enterprises and in those pics he is a 27 year old hunk.

ETA: Actually, he fits perfectly into The Bachelor mode of a young, successful, handsome male. I would be surprised if he hasn't been approached by casting at some point.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-22-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3140533;
    The photo next to the headline for the story is NOT Weneger. Dreamer posted a pic with the bio of him and his partner's Vegas media enterprises and in those pics he is a 27 year old hunk.

ETA: Actually, he fits perfectly into The Bachelor mode of a young, successful, handsome male. I would be surprised if he hasn't been approached by casting at some point.
    Thank you for the correction, Ariel. I didn't see the photo by the headline. I was sent a photo of somebody who supposedly was Justin - maybe it's the guy who was by the headline. Anyway, I did find photos of Shane with the guy that was posted on Dreamer's site, although I have to admit it's hard to say for sure if it really is Shane. But he certainly does look more like what I'd expect her to be with. Sort of a looks like a cross between Justin Timberlake and Brad Womack. I wonder if she is the one who talked Matt into doing the shaved head.

I am sooo disappointed that Shayne dumped Matt...they looked like a great couple. But I was surprised that considering she was "over" the Hollywood stuff, that she didn't move to London with Matt. I really feel bad for Matt for I do believe he was happy with her. To get dumped over a phone call is pretty awful. No matter who called whom. I wonder if Matt will eventually hook up with Chelsea or move back to London?

shaynenewguy.jpg
    Justin Weneger is supposed to be the guy on the left. Reminds me a lot of Matt.

Here's the link to the story in tvguide: 'Bachelor' couple Matt Grant and Shayne Lamas split : Articles : TV News : TV Guide : Sympatico / MSN

Another ‘Bachelor’ breakup!

By Chloe Tse

2008-07-22

Matt Grant says toodle-oo to his ‘Bachelor’ squeeze

So British Bachelor star Matt Grant got cheated on and dumped. That’s what you get for picking beauty over brains, friend.

See, the shocking bit of this twisted romance story came when Grant picked wannabe-actress Shayne Dahl Lamas, 22, instead of pharmaceutical rep Chelsea, 25, on the Season 12 finale of the show.

The not-so-shocking bit about this came when the blonde generic beauty cheated on Grant with Las Vegas media mogul Justin Weneger.

According to the New York Post, Lamas called up Grant – like, on the phone – called off the engagement and broke up with him.

The Post also reports that spies have said the aspiring actress is planning a trip to see Weneger soon.

As if Grant didn’t expect it. Last month, Lamas was on the cover of Girls Gone Wild. This month, she hooked up with some big shot from Vegas. Word is that Grant’s devastated, which is probably true considering the guy moved from London to Los Angeles to take a chance on love.

Empty triumph, buddy. Try another round of The Bachelor and put some more thought into the decision next time, K?
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-23-2008 at 03:01 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Closed Thread