Closed Thread
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3055134;
    Article about Noelle and her Dad in their local paper Hi Noelle

Loveland Connection - www.lovelandconnection.com - Loveland, CO

Doling out fatherly advice
    Loveland dad’s lessons in honesty, integrity help daughter navigate world of reality TV

By Catherine Trumbo
    Loveland Connection

Larry Drake tried to teach his daughters — Rachel, Elicia and Noelle — many things when they were growing up.

Recently, those fatherly lessons were put in the spotlight on national TV.."

Hey CasualFan, what a timely post in the midst of all the heated emotions engendered by the last bachelor season. Thanks

With two daughters myself, I tip my hat off to Larry Drake for his perspective on this whole TV phenonomon. In his comment to Matt during the show -"what kind of person would do this sorts of thing"- I think he has pretty much summed up my and many other's sentiment about The Bachelor series.

I think I will call him the "Oracle of Loveland".

Quote Originally Posted by scoobie;3055236;
    Hey CasualFan, what a timely post in the midst of all the heated emotions engendered by the last bachelor season. Thanks

With two daughters myself, I tip my hat off to Larry Drake for his perspective on this whole TV phenonomon. In his comment to Matt during the show -"what kind of person would do this sorts of thing"- I think he has pretty much summed up my and many other's sentiment about The Bachelor series.

I just post what my google alerts tell me. Plus I loved Noelle on the show, she was a pretty cool chick.

Happy Fathers Day scoobie and all other fathers out there!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3055015 View Post
    I have no doubt whatsoever that they always planned for Matt to find his own place and start his own separate life once he was in LA.
    I totally agree with you on this one....

for those of you that completely uprooted and moved to a new city - did you have to seperate from your spouse for a few months so you could make your own friends in that city? I understand that Matt wants his own identity - but I don't think you have to live in a seperate apartment to get it...

It's so funny, when Matt moved in with Shayne people were calling him everything under the sun: leach, deadbeat, users etc.....Now that he has gotten his own place, it's splitsville for them....Oh well
    I never once said that and in fact - it was b/c they were living together that I actually thought that maybe they were really a couple...him moving out tells me that they are finding out they are not compatible and don't want to be together...typically when I was in a solid relationship I found that I was spending so much time at the other one's place that it actuallty seemed absurd for me to be paying rent somewhere else...

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3055329;

for those of you that completely uprooted and moved to a new city - did you have to seperate from your spouse for a few months so you could make your own friends in that city? I understand that Matt wants his own identity - but I don't think you have to live in a seperate apartment to get it...
    No, we didn't, and everything worked out hunky-doory for us. Shatt fans can put whatever kind of spin on it you want, but the fact of the matter remains-- in EVERY 'real' relationship, those beginning months are so much fun-- you're living the honeymoon period and you SHOULD want to spend every waking moment with your SO. And you LIKE to shack up with one another.

I'm guessing Shayne got tired of his mooching off her and sent him down to the Valley. The fact that he mentions working on his career (bwaa-ha-ha!) and finding his own friends implies, to me, that she's gotten tired of him already.

I think their priorities have been moved around a bit. Now, they are...

1. Cashing in on their recent reality show fame
    2. Figuring out how to turn their 15 min into 30
    3. Shopping for watches, hats, sunglasses, and purses (solo!) for Shayne and possibly another blonde for Matt
    4. Working on their showmance with the obligatory stepping out so they can be photographed together.

I expect fairly soon (after the ATFR, of course!) their relationship will fade, fade, fade into the annals of Bachelor history...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3055329;
    it was b/c they were living together that I actually thought that maybe they were really a couple...him moving out tells me that they are finding out they are not compatible and don't want to be together...typically when I was in a solid relationship I found that I was spending so much time at the other one's place that it actuallty seemed absurd for me to be paying rent somewhere else...
    A lot of people neglect the friends they already have because they're so obsessed with the new love, especially during the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3055516;
    Shatt fans can put whatever kind of spin on it you want, but the fact of the matter remains-- in EVERY 'real' relationship, those beginning months are so much fun-- you're living the honeymoon period and you SHOULD want to spend every waking moment with your SO. And you LIKE to shack up with one another.
    Also true.

I wasn't fond of Matt, but I liked Shayne and thought she could do better. At the same time, I wasn't rooting for them to end whatever it was they had. But it looks like that's happening.
    Bring on The Mole!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3055516;
    No, we didn't, and everything worked out hunky-doory for us. Shatt fans can put whatever kind of spin on it you want, but the fact of the matter remains-- in EVERY 'real' relationship, those beginning months are so much fun-- you're living the honeymoon period and you SHOULD want to spend every waking moment with your SO. And you LIKE to shack up with one another.

I'm guessing Shayne got tired of his mooching off her and sent him down to the Valley. The fact that he mentions working on his career (bwaa-ha-ha!) and finding his own friends implies, to me, that she's gotten tired of him already.

I think their priorities have been moved around a bit. Now, they are...

1. Cashing in on their recent reality show fame
    2. Figuring out how to turn their 15 min into 30
    3. Shopping for watches, hats, sunglasses, and purses (solo!) for Shayne and possibly another blonde for Matt
    4. Working on their showmance with the obligatory stepping out so they can be photographed together.

I expect fairly soon (after the ATFR, of course!) their relationship will fade, fade, fade into the annals of Bachelor history...
    This is my very first post and I have been a Shayne/Matt fan since she told him she was high maintenance. However, I will say your priorities 1-4 are so funny. Some people on here are more entertaining than the sitcoms on TV. We all have our opinions, and some of them are nasty, meaning what bad thing is going on in your life nasty, some romantic, like mine, although I know I want to enjoy fantasy land sometimes because life can be extremely stressful, and then there are those that just seem to enjoy the pleasure of figuring out ahead of time what's really going to happen. No one can predict the future, and everyones opinion is based on their experiences in life and genetics of course. Only time will tell. I hope Matt and Shayne try to exist without the media, TV and internet. They have a lot more speed bumps that normal relationships because of the extreme uniqueness of their situation. So maybe we should give them a break.

It's ridiculous the Shayne/Matt fans are not trying to spin anything at least I am not....The things is why can't Matt get his own place? And still be with Shayne why must it be one or the other? It's not like he is back in the UK, the man is still in Cali (good grief) within driving distance I assume lol.....I was never a fan of living together and I for one am glad that they are not living together and they can still be obsessed with each other and not live together.....I guess I need to ask the question did living together help Ian/Meredith , Byron/Mary, Charlie/Sara reach the altar? Listen I am not saying that Shayne/Matt are the love of the century because none of the bachelor couples are, but geez.........

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by scoobie;3055236;

Although, I've been reading lots of everyone's posts, this is my first time here and I just would like to ask Noell's father this: "What kind of father would allow his daughter to be on a show like this?" GEESH! He doesn't need to be asking Matt that question.... my opinion.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by rph_qt;3056444;
    Although, I've been reading lots of everyone's posts, this is my first time here and I just would like to ask Noell's father this: "What kind of father would allow his daughter to be on a show like this?" GEESH! He doesn't need to be asking Matt that question.... my opinion.
    IMO, he is the kind of father who has immense confidence in his daughter's judgement even when she opted to be in a reality show because as a working actress it was the only work she could find during the writer's strike. That said, I think there was nothing wrong for him to have a little fun with the process because 1)he seems to have a good understanding of the nature of the show and 2)he probably is aware that he would have no stake in the outcome.

It was just clean fun, and as a man who supposely appreciates good humor, Matt should not have been offended as you may suggest.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by scoobie;3056493;
    IMO, he is the kind of father who has immense confidence in his daughter's judgement even when she opted to be in a reality show because as a working actress it was the only work she could find during the writer's strike. That said, I think there was nothing wrong for him to have a little fun with the process because 1)he seems to have a good understanding of the nature of the show and 2)he probably is aware that he would have no stake in the outcome.

It was just clean fun, and as a man who supposely appreciates good humor, Matt should not have been offended as you may suggest.
    Hi Scoobie- From Matt's expression I don't know that he appreicated the comment, and to be honest I thought it was an odd comment to make- kinda cat calling kettle black. Also, hopefully Noelle has a second career because the percentage of actors that can make a living at it are far and few between. The Bachelor isn't an avenue that I would choose to find true love but I still admire people that have the nerve to do it.

Closed Thread