Closed Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Off Topic (sort of) CBS placed reruns for NCIS and Criminal Minds this week rather than the scheduled (TV listed) New shows. My DVR picked them up because they were listed as new. Anyway - if the strike continues, the scripted shows will be choppy with reruns (though this time of year through January is usually hiatus time) and they may be saving New shows for February sweeps.

The Bachelor doesn't start until March which is another hiatus time for scripted shows (after February sweeps) so it may not matter that the networks need to sell more ads then...the spaces may be filled up with game shows and pilots shot last summer.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

girlsmom, the information about NBC is not insider information. You can read all about the writer's strike at the United Hollywood blog site. Website link is after the quote.
    NBC/Universal, like Warners, has a well-diversified corporate parent in GE. Still, Universal has lost some movies and is facing a wave of cancelled/sub par projects if this lasts past January. Furthermore, NBC is givng back money to advertisers and seeing a migration away from its network that could be permanent. (Everyone’s nightmare about TV generally.)

GE can easily withstand the losses. But our leakers say Fairfield, CT realizes that the bottom-line economics of holding out make no sense, and Universal City, at least, is entirely in agreement.

Disney/ABC is taking a hit on the network side, although they’ll have more scripted programming than most with 8 episodes of Lost to air. In the negotiating room, Disney acts very unwilling to settle. However, it’s rumored that the attitude at the negotiating table does not always reflect the opinions of top management.
    United Hollywood
    scroll down to " UH Exclusive - Counter Productive" to read the whole article about the ways each network is being hurt by the writers strike. It will certainly affect reality tv and The Bachelor this spring. I hope both sides will get back to the table after New Years. A terrific source for news about the strike is from Nikki Finke, a journalist who seems to have good insider information from both sides. Everyone in Hollywood ends up quoting her. Deadline Hollywood Daily » AMPTP Shuns LA City Council Hearing…
    Last edited by pajamasam; 12-20-2007 at 02:59 PM.

Thank you, pajamasam, for bringing the information sites to our attention. I was hoping the normal hiatus times of January and March/April would be sufficient to cover their programming problems - apparently not.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Do we know who B12 is?

I corresponded with Patrick (oh jeez, can't think of the last name, but it was from 1 of the sleuther's possibilities -- myspace) this fall and he said that ABC had offered it to him but he hadn't made up his mind.

If anyone knows the schedule, email me. I live in LA .... ;- )

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2740016;
    Do we know who B12 is?

I corresponded with Patrick (oh jeez, can't think of the last name, but it was from 1 of the sleuther's possibilities -- myspace) this fall and he said that ABC had offered it to him but he hadn't made up his mind.

If anyone knows the schedule, email me. I live in LA .... ;- )
    Filming should start sometime this month ~ mid month maybe. I don't anything for sure but somewhere around mid month.

Also, you might want to check the other thread (Bachelor 12...ready to start) and hook up with Tamelaine and Reddahlia. They also live in/around LA and are offering to do top secret spying for us.
    Last edited by kendra_k; 01-03-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: added last paragraph

I am a bit behind on all these emails. But my opinion is that they will not tell us who the bacehlor is until after it has taped. That way the picture of the person is not out there and then everyone would know who it is and figure out who they are with on which date. Just a thought but I doubt they want the sleuthers knowing to far in advance who it is.
    Last edited by bradsgirl; 01-09-2008 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsgirl;2747408;
    I am a bit behind on all these emails. But my opinion is that they will not tell us who the bacehlor is until after it has taped. That way the picture of the person is not out there and then everyone would know who it is and figure out who they are with on which date. Just a thought but I doubt they want the sleuthers knowing to far in advance who it is.
    Except for Blob, Lorenzo and Schefft, they haven't wanted us to know ahead of time in any season. However we usually do get a good idea on who it is before or during shooting. (Brad, Andy, Travis, Charlie, Byron & Jay, all were know to us here well before ABC got around to making its press releases.)
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Chris Harrison was on the KTLA morning show this morning (1/10) -- talking about (both) the next Bachelor and confirming ... YES ... that there will be a new Bachelorette season! He was also pimpin his new entertainment news show on the TV Guide Channel

Usually KTLA archives segments of their morning show for a couple of days, so search for Chris on their website. No confirmation of who the new Bachelor or Bachelorette will be, but a good informational segment to tide us over until the season starts airing.

Thanks for the info Hotlanta babe.

Thank you hotlanta babe! Great info!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Closed Thread