Closed Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2721156;
    Wow, they're REALLY careful now after what happened with Brad...
    No kidding! Won't be long before the premise is "The Bachelor will get to know 25 women via a series of social gatherings and exotic, romantic dates – some in groups, some individually. He will introduce some of the women to his family, and will visit their hometowns for a slice of their life in an effort to determine whether he likes dating."

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;2725593;
    No kidding! Won't be long before the premise is "The Bachelor will get to know 25 women via a series of social gatherings and exotic, romantic dates – some in groups, some individually. He will introduce some of the women to his family, and will visit their hometowns for a slice of their life in an effort to determine whether he likes dating."
    The new Bachelor format: Therapy for guys with commitment issues and girls who seek eternal fame... if you don't belong to either group, you'll need therapy after the show...
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Reality TV has an article about Bach 12 which will only have one hour episodes in it's regular Monday at 10 PM timeslot. Unlike Bach 10, which had 90 minute episodes, and Bach 11 which premiered with three 90 minute episodes after DWTS, before going to 60 min. at 10:00 PM.

I posted about this in the other Bach 12 thread, but should have put it here.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure;2728757;
    Reality TV has an article about Bach 12 which will only have one hour episodes in it's regular Monday at 10 PM timeslot. Unlike Bach 10, which had 90 minute episodes, and Bach 11 which premiered with three 90 minute episodes after DWTS, before going to 60 min. at 10:00 PM.

I posted about this in the other Bach 12 thread, but should have put it here.

I thought that they would expand the time slot due to the writers strike. Thought they were scrambling to fill air time? Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2728777;
    I thought that they would expand the time slot due to the writers strike. Thought they were scrambling to fill air time? Oh well....
    That would have been my thought as well. It sounds as though tptb are admitting that nothing truly watchable is likely to result from the show, so limit the time to fill. It's my assumption that filming has not begun so this would have nothing to do with the "success" of the show in terms of a possible connection--unless they picked a guy who admitted up front that he wasn't truly looking for love .

Quote Originally Posted by K9Mom;2728777;

I thought the same thing, K9Mom. I guess that means that this upcoming season is going to seem just as choppy as last season.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2728799;
    That would have been my thought as well. It sounds as though tptb are admitting that nothing truly watchable is likely to result from the show, so limit the time to fill. It's my assumption that filming has not begun so this would have nothing to do with the "success" of the show in terms of a possible connection--unless they picked a guy who admitted up front that he wasn't truly looking for love .

So true!! I think you nailed it!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The one hour for the first night means that we won't meet the girls in clips prior to the limo shots - and they could cut out the Chris interview of the bachleor and make it all about the meet/greet and party. It would still work, but wouldn't be as informative or fun.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The writers strike will, I predict, cause them to give us longer shows. They are going to run out of product by March and this show has gotten proven ratings. ABC needs to sell those ads. NBC has already started crediting advertisers for not making predicted ratings due to lack of new episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2729774;
    The writers strike will, I predict, cause them to give us longer shows. They are going to run out of product by March and this show has gotten proven ratings. ABC needs to sell those ads. NBC has already started crediting advertisers for not making predicted ratings due to lack of new episodes.
    I just love these little insider factoids. It sure makes sense that the advertisers would be feeling like they're not getting their money's worth with no new shows.
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 12-20-2007 at 02:29 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

Closed Thread