Closed Thread
Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

TV Ratings for The Bachelor 12 episode 4

6.83 million viewers and 2.5/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to Episode 3
    8.8 million viewers and 2.9/7 in adults 18-49. (86 minute show)

Comparison to Episode 2
    8.0 million viewers and 2.2/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to Premiere Episode
    8.96 million viewers and 3.3/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 ep. 4
    9.30 million viewers and 3.4/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 ep. 4
    9.47 million viewers and 3.4/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 9 ep. 4
    8.2 million viewers and 3.2/8 in adults 18-49.

That's a huge fall in ratings. This episode was one of the lowest rated in series history. Although the season typically gains one to two million viewers as the season comes to its climax, even that would be a weak performance for this Bachelor.

It's not looking good. This isn't just writer's strike hangover, it's real tuning out of The Bachelor. It's hard to believe that the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Game could have drawn off that many Bachelor viewers. And it's not due to Samantha Who? because that show got over four and a half million more viewers than The Bachelor. As for it being residual effect of last season, I don't think so, as the ratings for this season started much higher. I think it's Matt. He's just not connecting with a part of the audience.

We'll have to hope that DeAnna can bring some viewers back, but that will be a summer run. We have nothing to compare that to directly, but Bachelorettes are typically lower rated than Bachelors. And I would expect even lower ratings for a summer season.

Can the franchise withstand this?
    Last edited by Zinnia; 04-08-2008 at 07:24 PM.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;2904139;
    TV Ratings for The Bachelor 12 episode 4

Comparison to Episode 3

Comparison to Episode 2

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 ep. 4
    9.30 million viewers and 3.4/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 ep. 4
    9.47 million viewers and 3.4/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 9 ep. 4

That's a huge fall in ratings. This episode was one of the lowest rated in series history. Although the season typically gains one to two million viewers as the season comes to its climax, even that would be a weak performance for this Bachelor.

It's not looking good. This isn't just writer's strike hangover, it's real tuning out of The Bachelor. It's hard to believe that the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Game could have drawn off that many Bachelor viewers. And it's not due to Samantha Who? because that show got over four and a half million more viewers than The Bachelor. As for it being residual effect of last season, I don't think so, as the ratings for this season started much higher. I think it's Matt. He's just not connecting with a part of the audience.

We'll have to hope that DeAnna can bring some viewers back, but that will be a summer run. We have nothing to compare that to directly, but Bachelorettes are typically lower rated than Bachelors. And I would expect even lower ratings for a summer season.

Can the franchise withstand this?

Those are some LOW ratings!!! Wow, people really are tuning out...

Thanks for posting this....
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

I'm not the least little bit surprised at the ratings. I am not, thus far, feeling that this guy is falling in love with any of them. Why watch what feels like a non- love story? Matt is a witty guy and has a decent sense of humor. He's pretty funny. But if you are looking for laughs, there are actual comedies you can turn to. Folks watch this show for a bit of romance and better yet, love. Instead Fleiss has given us drunken ramblings, catfights, and a peep show. Click.

I watch mainly because I love reading Roses' recap and the laughs are better if I watched the show first. However, for me, the recaps are better than the show. I do think though that after last season and Brad, I am not surprised ratings are down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;2906950;
    I watch mainly because I love reading Roses' recap and the laughs are better if I watched the show first. However, for me, the recaps are better than the show. I do think though that after last season and Brad, I am not surprised ratings are down.

I agree that the best part of this season's Bachelor is Roses' recaps and the filched diaries from the contestants. I have actually gone to bed prior to Matt & Shayne's winery trip and I switched over several times to the NCAA game when Ashlee broke into song. This is not my normal behavior when watching The Bachelor to say the least.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Although her time on B12 doesn't really stand out to me, I happened upon an article about Kristine just printed after her "exit"

Charlotte Observer | 04/09/2008 | 'Bachelor' contestant tells all

(Hope I got that right) It has a little "insider" info - pretty much what fans already know

Thanks for posting that article, livlaluv. It is interesting, and what a great picture of Kristine!

Great article - I really liked her also.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by livlafluv;2907669;
    Although her time on B12 doesn't really stand out to me, I happened upon an article about Kristine just printed after her "exit"

Charlotte Observer | 04/09/2008 | 'Bachelor' contestant tells all

(Hope I got that right) It has a little "insider" info - pretty much what fans already know
    What a great article!! Thanks for posting it!
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

TV Ratings for The Bachelor 12 episode 5

6.99 million viewers and 2.6/6 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to Episode 4

Comparison to Episode 3

Comparison to Episode 2

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 ep. 5
    9.20 million viewers and 3.4/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 ep. 5
    9.47 million viewers and 3.6/10 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 9 ep. 5

Ratings didn't pick up much despite weak competition from Medium and a repeat of CSI:Miami. (So it wasn't basketball that drew viewers away last week, they're being driven away.) Next week as the group dating is over, hopefully the ratings will pick up.

In another thread some were asking about DVR (TiVO) ratings. The ratings I post are the overnight nationals. (There's also a fast affiliate ratings (big cities only), that sometimes is all that is available.) DVR (TiVO, Cable DVR, Satellite DVR, but not DVRs that aren't subscription based (connected to a phone line or the internet)) ratings are included in the final ratings, but those are more than a week behind, as they give people seven days to watch the program. You actually have to watch the program, not just record it, for the ratings to count by DVR. I don't have the finals to give an answer. So I can't say if DVR viewing is really helping out much. But I'll keep an eye out for them.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Closed Thread