Closed Thread
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

Re: Bachelor 12 Media Thread

And another:

Matt looks for love on US show

A BACHELOR is looking for love among 25 women competing to be his bride in a US television show.

Matt Grant, from Histon, was spotted by a television scout and whisked away to Los Angeles to pick a lucky lady in the reality hit, The Bachelor.

The 27-year-old, who was working as a global financier in London when the scout approached him at a restaurant, attended Anglia Ruskin University and also worked at the Cambridge branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland.

The 12th series of the ABC reality show, where girls date Matt, compete for his affections and face eliminations each week, begins on March 17.

John de Bruyne, of Anstey Hall, Trumpington, will definitely be tuning in and believes 6ft 5in tall Matt will go on to be a big star.

Matt, the youngest of five brothers, dated John's daughter and lived with the family while he was looking for a flat.

And John said: "He's a Cambridge boy who changes job, goes to London and then all of a sudden gets whisked off to Hollywood.

"He's lovely, he's such a nice guy. I think he's going to be a famous actor now as the publicity is so huge. I was speaking to somebody in New York recently and his secretary had Matt's picture up as her screensaver."

John, who joked that in America Matt may not be quite as popular with the men as the ladies, added: "In the advert he says: 'I'm Matt, I'm from England and I've come to steal your women'."

Published: 07/03/2008 18:55:28

link: Matt looks for love on US show - Cambridge News

One of our sleuthers needs to get in touch with this John guy and find out more!
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Terrific finds, aanjheni! Thank you for sharing these with us!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

If you'd like to pre-review the premiere of The Bachelor (& get it into Yahoo's Must-Watch for next week), go to:
    HTML Code:
    http://tv.yahoo.com/the-bachelor/show/episode-1201/episode/164283;_ylt=Asp0NG6n4kD6lofI4pwwHgcbqdEF
    To be in the Top 10, it usually takes around 4000-5000 reviews. You don't actually get to SEE the show, just give it a thumbs-up.

FORT Fan

Wonder what Matt will do while the show is being aired? Will he go back to London or will ABC put him up here?

TV Ratings for The Bachelor: Where Are They Now?

The show received 7.71 million viewers and a 2.6/8 in adults 18-49.

On a very slow TV night, that was enough for TB:WATN to win first place in it's time period in both viewers and demographics.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

TV Ratings for The Bachelor 12

Premiere Episode
    8.96 million viewers and 3.3/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 Premiere:
    9.57 million viewers and 3.5/9 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 Premiere:
    10.11 million viewers and 3.9/10 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 9 Premiere:
    8.95 million viewers and 3.5/9 in adults 18-49.

While the premiere ratings are not great, narrowly beating Lorenzo's season in viewers, the damage from Brad isn't as bad as it could have been. On the night the ratings weren't that bad. The Bachelor was #1 in the 18-49 adults demographic, but #3 (narrowly) in viewers. The whole of Monday night, all networks, were down significantly from a year ago levels. This is attributed to a continuing effect of the writer's strike.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

I didn't even know the new season was starting! (yeah don't watch ABC much!!). Hope I can find the premiere episode online, and I am also glad they didn't cast that NY prettyboy that was rumored after Brad's season ended.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;2851467;
    I didn't even know the new season was starting! (yeah don't watch ABC much!!). Hope I can find the premiere episode online, and I am also glad they didn't cast that NY prettyboy that was rumored after Brad's season ended.
    Last year the abc network site placed episodes of The Bachelor on their full episode drum. I haven't checked yet to see if that might be the case this year.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2851767;
    Last year the abc network site placed episodes of The Bachelor on their full episode drum. I haven't checked yet to see if that might be the case this year.
    Yep - both the Where are they now? show and the series premiere are on their site.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

I am glad to hear that the American public liked Matt overall.
    Does anyone know where I can download the show as we didn't get to see it, I have tried the joker site but I can't find the show on there.
    You watch the ratings climb next week.

Closed Thread