+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Byron and Mary - The New Thread

As everyone knows by now, Byron co-hosts a fishing show on ESPN2 on Saturdays at 7:00 am and 11:00 am. Well yesterday the show was broadcast live from Disneyworld. Mary was in the audience. The camera panned to her at the start of the show and she was holding a sign that said "Byron, marry me!!" The camera stayed on her for a few seconds and Byron said "Hey, I know that girl. That's my fiancee Mary". He was laughing the entire time. He then said "Hi honey, I love you...love you." The camera again focused on Mary who then said "I love you". By then said "The answer is yes, yes I'll marry you". He was gushing the entire time the show was on. His co-host got a kick out of teasing him. He was really happy. Every time the show went to a commercial break and they showed Mary, Byron always said "Hi Honey!" or "That's my fiancee, I have to say hi to her". I must admit it was really cute and sweet.

Byron and his Bass Center buddy just did a little piece on the morning Sportscenter on ESPN. He still talks a little too fast but in an adorable way. Bass Center will be on ESPN2 at 12:30 Eastern tomorrow afternoon for those who want a Byron fix.

Byron and Mary - The New Thread

There was a glitch with the old thread so here's a new one.

Mary Arrested

"The Bachelor" Contestant Arrested

1 day ago

SEMINOLE, Fla. (AP) A former cheerleader for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who was proposed to on the reality TV show "The Bachelor" was accused of punching a man she lives with in the mouth, authorities said.

Mary Delgado was taken into custody just after midnight Wednesday on a battery charge and was under the influence of alcohol when she was arrested, according to a police affidavit.

Delgado received a proposal on the show in 2004 from professional bass fisherman Byron Velvick. The two appeared together Tuesday in a special episode of "The Bachelor" called "After the Final Rose."

The police affidavit does not name Delgado's fiance, but says the pair have lived together "as a family" for the last three years. According to sheriff officials, Delgado was released Wednesday afternoon.

She gave her name as Maribel Liliana Delgado. A telephone listing for the pair could not be found.

Seminole is about 10 miles northwest of St. Petersburg.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Newbie

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

I just saw that on the news! Crazy! You think she punched him in the mouth because he said he doesn't blame Brad for not choosing anyone?

FORT Newbie

This is such sad news!

I couldn't believe it when I read it!

Maybe he caught a bigger fish than she!

FORT Fan

Ouch....hard to believe huh??

Yet...they did NOT seem that happy on the ATFR show. Mary seemed really uptight and Byron was being so "non committed" it seemed?

I really wonder WHERE this arrest took place? Were they out in public, like at a bar or restaurant, where someone else called the police? Or did Byron himself call the police to their house?? That would be informative to know IMHO

Poor Mary, her ticking "clock" was ticking on Blob's show...it has not slowed down....she has even learned to fish, and now this mess?? Ouch! Violence is never the answer..for either party tho IMHO

FORT Fanatic

I was just going to post this information when I saw this thread.

I too didn't think that Byron and Mary looked all that lovey-dovey on the show last week. Something was't right.

There were no details as to why she did what she did so I am wondering what really happened to make her hit him.

It's kind of ironic that they used Byron and Mary as an example of Bachelor success stories when obviously they aren't.

All couple have problems in their relationships, but not all couples get violent.

Other than Trista and Ryan the show seems to come with a built in curse!

How sad! I just read this on the AOL news and couldn't believe it! I thought it was very weird when she said they are getting married in November and they are "doing it on their own time". Sounded so strange since it is November already. We never know what's going on behind the closed doors of "perfect couples" but nonetheless this is very sad for sure! My guess is they won't be paraded on another AFTR show as a success again.

On the ATFR show they said they were getting married in November. Did they mean this year or next?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

I just read about this on another board and was stunned at the news! I agree with others that there was something "off" about them on the AFR show, especially when Chris turned the conversation to a wedding date and Mary offered November (assuming she meant 2008), Chris offers to provide someone to do the marriage right there and then, and Byron starts playing with his collar, saying it was getting hot in there (or something like that). Hardly the reaction from a man in love who's looking forward to marrying the woman of his dreams! He also seemed to be using his body as a shield between them and Trista, Ryan and their baby, as if he was trying to block Mary's view of the happy new parents, when she's been on record about her ticking biological clock and desire to marry and have children.

I've read elsewhere that the AFR was taped on Friday, which means that since Mary was booked soon after midnight Wednesday morning, it was not long after the AFR had aired. I have to wonder if Mary, watching Byron's behavior on the show Tuesday evening, realized he was never going to commit to a wedding and called him on it, and with alcohol involved, she went into a rage at the answer she received.

I also read on another board that someone had checked out a message board for the bass fishing circuit to see if Mary really was a serious competitor or just in it to accompany Byron. A poster on that board said while Byron hasn't been doing very well lately, Mary has and maybe she could show "Mr. 80th Place" a thing or two. So in addition to the unresolved marriage issue, they may also have been dealing with jealousy from Byron about her success in his chosen sport. Add alcohol to that mix and an emotional melt-down ensues!

I agree that ABC/Fleiss won't be trotting these two out as a success story again. What an embarrassment for them, after showcasing their "love story" only hours before the incident!

What next?? Mary on the cover of People magazine, the latest "celebrity" to enter rehab and spilling the sordid details of a relationship gone wrong? Hey, I'd buy that edition!
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 11-25-2007 at 07:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast