+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Transcript for the deafies pretty please?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2698308;
    Can anyone do that? I am the world's slowest typist so it would take me forever.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2698308;
    I'll transcribe it for you... I'll try to have it done within the next 10 minutes. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat;2698620;
    I'll transcribe it for you... I'll try to have it done within the next 10 minutes. :-)
    You are such a sweetie.... Now I'll have to stalk you.

FORT Fanatic

Transcript of 911 call: (I'm not a professional transcriptionist, so please don't jump on me if I got anything wrong. But I did pause and relisten to each segment numerous times, so I think it's pretty accurate...)

911: 911, What's your emergency?
    B: Yeah, I've just been attacked by my fiance
    911: Alright sir, what's the address where that happened?
    B: What?
    911: What's the address where that happened?
    B: I don't know where we're at...we're on Gulf Blvd.
    911: Ok, Gulf Blvd. and what cross street?
    B: Gulf Blvd. and Park Bridge
    911: Gulf Blvd. and Park Bridge?
    B:Yeah, Park Bidge, out on the point.
    911: Ok, what city are you in?
    B:Uh. Indian Shores
    911: Ok, and does anyone need a paramedic at all?
    B: No, my lip is split. She frickin busted my lip open. I'm bleeding.
    911: OK, sir, I am actually going to have to send the paramedics out there as well. Is it possible you can get the actual address where you're at?
    B:Sure, yeah. I'm gonna have to wait on that to find it.
    911: Ok, do you have anything there like a piece of mail or anything like that?
    B: (Loudly) Joe/Yo? is there any mail here or anything?... (garbled background noise)
    911: Is there a home telephone number to where you're at?
    B:I don't think so.
    911: OK
    B: Lemme go downstairs and get it. Is it alright if I call right back?
    911: OK, actually go ahead and stay on the phone with me, ok?...
    (sound of Byron walking)
    911: Is the person that did that still there?
    B: Yeah, they're in the car.
    911: OK, were there any weapons involved?
    B: No. I was driving and she hit me and then I told her to stop hitting me cause we were driving. Then she started frickin, she started laying into me.
    She split my lip with her frickin diamond ring.
    911: OK. Alright. Sir, if you can, don't put yourself in any danger, but just try to get the actual street address for me, if you could. That way we can get everybody out there to help you.
    B: (sound of movement) I don't think I need a paramedic. I (garbled...unclear of next sentence: [seemed after the car man I looked in the mirror] that it hurt real bad.
    911: (interrupting) Ok what's the name of the condo building?
    B: (sound of semi-heavy breathing, like he's walking around a lot)
    silence w/ some background noise
    B: Holiday Villas Holiday Villas
    911: Holiday Villas?
    B: On Gulf
    911: Ok I'm sorry, your cell phone broke up. Holiday villas, and what was the address?
    B: Just...There is no address... It's, it's on Gulf.
    (more background noise)
    911: oookaay
    (silence)
    911: Ok, do you know if that's Holiday Villas 2 or Holiday Villas 3?
    B: Holiday Villas 3
    911: Holiday Villas 3. Ok is there a unit number?
    B: No, I'm down... the (cars?) down in the lobby.
    911: They're downstairs?
    B: Yeah, but I'm going back up... yeah
    911: OK
    B: I'm downstairs
    911: Alright. As you're going back up there, I've got help on the way for you, as you're going back up there, if you can get the unit number where you're going to be.
    B: I'll wait downstairs.
    911: Ok. You're not going to be near where she is, are you?
    B: No... No.
    911: OK, so you're gonna be downstairs in the lobby? Is that lobby an inside kind of lobby, or outside?
    B: Out on the street. I'll be out on the street.
    911: Out on the street? OK. I've got help on the way already for you sir. And what is the telephone number that you're calling from?
    (sounds like phone number part was cut out of the audio clip)
    911: Ok, sir, help is on the way for you. If you just stay on the line, I'm going to go ahead and put the police department on the line. They can help you as well. My name is Gary. Stay on the line.
    (sound of tones, as in 911 operator dialing police)
    (Byron in the background, like he's talking to someone else near him: "F***ing... Yeah...She's f***ing hitting me on the drive home. We're f***ing calling each other names. We're calling each other f***ing names because I wanted to leave because of the fighting. And I don't want to sit there and listen to it. And I wanna go home." [911 operator talking over, as if to police about responding to a battery report - Byron still ranting in background] "...oh every name in the book. Bitch."
    911: Sir, I have the sheriff's office on the line. Talk with them, please.
    B: Hello?
    Sheriff: Sheriff's office.
    End of recording. (whether he continued talking to the sheriff's office is unclear)
    Last edited by aramcobrat; 11-29-2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Clarify end of call.

Quote Originally Posted by weeper84;2698267;
    A few minutes ago I listened to the 911 call. Byron says Mary split his lip with her diamond. I'm sure there is irony in there somewhere, but I only feel sad.

It sounded like he was mad and wanted to get her into trouble. I'm not dismissing what she did, but it didn't sound like she punched him, more like slaps. He also never mentions a head lock. He does go off about her at the end using many f words and calling Mary the "b" word.

What did you think of the call?
    Very sad. I doubt that many people would call 911 for a cut lip. If they did, 911 would not have the resourses for people who really need help.
    He is not a 98 lb. weakling after all. Evidently he wanted to get Mary in trouble as you said.

aramcobrat: Great job! Thank you so much. Wow, NOT a pretty picture at all. It was interesting that he didn't talk to the sheriff, it truly sounds like Byron was ticked off and wanted to get back at her more than he was actually fearful of her. It all sounds so dysfunctional that I almost wouldn't be surprised if they stayed together, limping along like Whitney Houston and her ex. Sad. It just shows how very little we know these people, jmo.

That's one awesome transcript!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

You certainly got the sound effects in, I felt like I was right there! That frickin' diamond ring!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2698719;
    aramcobrat: Great job! Thank you so much. Wow, NOT a pretty picture at all. It was interesting that he didn't talk to the sheriff, it truly sounds like Byron was ticked off and wanted to get back at her more than he was actually fearful of her. It all sounds so dysfunctional that I almost wouldn't be surprised if they stayed together, limping along like Whitney Houston and her ex. Sad. It just shows how very little we know these people, jmo.
    I'll try to go back and edit for clarification. The recording ended after the woman said "Sheriff's office" - he may have gone on to talk to her.
    But I will agree that he sounded ticked off. He was very calm and together talking to the 911 guy, but when he was going off in the background, you could tell that he was really irritated and mad.

+ Reply to Thread