+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

It's like any relationship - it's WORK! You can't take it for granted. And I think that when couples meet under circumstances such as this, it's just that much more WORK. Some people just don't want to invest the effort into making a relationship successful.

Now there's a video on the web of Mary being booked at the police station, removing her jacket and jewelry, and putting on a bright yellow jail top. I don't know if it's police video, or shot by someone else, but I found it's release to be somewhat stunning. Would the police allow such a tape to become public? A mug shot I understand, but to show her being patted down and wanded? Perhaps privacy shouldn't be expected for those who get arrested for assault, yet I remain surprised by this video.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if all police departments filmed prisoners being processed. Just for their own protection so they don't get accused of doing something. How it got released is anyone's guess. Somebody probably was offered a price they were willing to accept would be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure;2697520;
    Now there's a video on the web of Mary being booked at the police station, removing her jacket and jewelry, and putting on a bright yellow jail top. I don't know if it's police video, or shot by someone else, but I found it's release to be somewhat stunning. Would the police allow such a tape to become public? A mug shot I understand, but to show her being patted down and wanded? Perhaps privacy shouldn't be expected for those who get arrested for assault, yet I remain surprised by this video.
    I have said before that I am very familiar with the facility (Pinellas County Jail) that Mary was booked into. There are cameras 24/7 in the entire facility. Everything is recorded for liability purposes. Yes that is the booking video that was taken of Mary. When anyone is booked in, their entire "person" is inventoried and sent to property. They had her put on the yellow "jumpsuit top" because her top was form fitting. That is not allowed in this particular facility and is a policy there. Anyone who is arrested is subject to publicity. Even records for our county are public.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2697425;
    It's like any relationship - it's WORK! You can't take it for granted. And I think that when couples meet under circumstances such as this, it's just that much more WORK. Some people just don't want to invest the effort into making a relationship successful.
    It's interesting, especially in light of all the "celebrity" couples who have divorced after their reality tv shows aired. I think the type of person who is predisposed to going on a reality show, for the most part, is going to have a difficult time sustaining a relationship under the best of circumstances. Obviously that's a broad statement and wouldn't hold true for everyone, but I think if you are looking to go on a reality show, you probably crave the attention and limelight. If both people involved in the relationship are looking for attention and need that constant excitement provided, it is probably very difficult to give the effort and attention to the other person that is needed to keep your relationship healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;2697718;
    It's interesting, especially in light of all the "celebrity" couples who have divorced after their reality tv shows aired. I think the type of person who is predisposed to going on a reality show, for the most part, is going to have a difficult time sustaining a relationship under the best of circumstances. Obviously that's a broad statement and wouldn't hold true for everyone, but I think if you are looking to go on a reality show, you probably crave the attention and limelight. If both people involved in the relationship are looking for attention and need that constant excitement provided, it is probably very difficult to give the effort and attention to the other person that is needed to keep your relationship healthy.
    I never thought of it that way, but I think you may have something there.

Quote Originally Posted by J.J.;2697596;
    I have said before that I am very familiar with the facility (Pinellas County Jail) that Mary was booked into. There are cameras 24/7 in the entire facility. Everything is recorded for liability purposes. Yes that is the booking video that was taken of Mary. When anyone is booked in, their entire "person" is inventoried and sent to property. They had her put on the yellow "jumpsuit top" because her top was form fitting. That is not allowed in this particular facility and is a policy there. Anyone who is arrested is subject to publicity. Even records for our county are public.
    Just to be more clear, I totally expect that Mary's booking, and everything else that goes on at the facility would be recorded. It's the release of that tape that I find surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure;2697804;
    Just to be more clear, I totally expect that Mary's booking, and everything else that goes on at the facility would be recorded. It's the release of that tape that I find surprising.

GuiltyPleasure,

I totally understand your reaction. I found an answer to your question. All that had to be done was a media request to the PCSO. PCSO is obligated to release any information that they have regarding the specific request. Unfortunately, our news media preys on the tragic and less fortunate events that occur in everyday life. I think because Mary & Byron were just on AFTR that they were again projected into the media spotlight. I had hopes for these 2, but from the sounds of the call and the events that took place that night, it's kind of hard to repair that damage. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by J.J.;2698020;
    GuiltyPleasure,

I totally understand your reaction. I found an answer to your question. All that had to be done was a media request to the PCSO. PCSO is obligated to release any information that they have regarding the specific request. Unfortunately, our news media preys on the tragic and less fortunate events that occur in everyday life. I think because Mary & Byron were just on AFTR that they were again projected into the media spotlight. I had hopes for these 2, but from the sounds of the call and the events that took place that night, it's kind of hard to repair that damage. JMO.
    Thanks for the inside answer J.J. I think what is allowed to be made public varies radically from one area to another. For example, the city of L.A. won't release mug shots. Brentwood however is another story, which is how we saw O. J's mug, among other celebs. In Florida, I know for a fact, anyone can find arrest records on-line through the court clerk's office but you can't in Connecticut. I can't imagine Mary and Byron overcoming this fiasco either, but oddly, the statement from their attorney seemed to hold open the idea that they were attempting to do so. You can't make this stuff up! This is one season of the bachelor that has been more fascinating after the show than during it.

FORT Regular

A few minutes ago I listened to the 911 call. Byron says Mary split his lip with her diamond. I'm sure there is irony in there somewhere, but I only feel sad.

It sounded like he was mad and wanted to get her into trouble. I'm not dismissing what she did, but it didn't sound like she punched him, more like slaps. He also never mentions a head lock. He does go off about her at the end using many f words and calling Mary the "b" word.

What did you think of the call?

+ Reply to Thread