+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2693991;
    I've been married 3 decades to the same man and we haven't always agreed, but NEVER have the police been involved. It's quite possible to disagree without involving the legal system. It's sad and "smacks" of a couple that should have broken up long ago. jmo.
    Yep.. makes you wonder now if their problems weren't deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2693994;
    Yep.. makes you wonder now if their problems weren't deeper.
    Either that or Mary has some "drunk anger management" issues (idk if this a good word for it) but sounds pretty good to me.

FORT Fogey

A thought- remember there was a couple fighting in the townhome and Mary didn't want to leave but Byron did. Perhaps Mary felt she had to protect the female there but Byron wanted no part.

It is possible Byron called to calm ALL parties down, not just Mary.
    Good point, Lemon. It could be that Mary felt she needed to stay to protect the female, or she could have inserted herself into their argument and at that point Byron decided they needed to get out of there. Either way I agree it's possible the cops needed to be there to calm down more than just Mary.

This is really sad. I hope this was just a one time thing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2693287;
    A thought- remember there was a couple fighting in the townhome and Mary didn't want to leave but Byron did. Perhaps Mary felt she had to protect the female there but Byron wanted no part.

It is possible Byron called to calm ALL parties down, not just Mary.
    This actually sounds like the most reasonable scenario. If she was intoxicated it's possible that she may have over reacted to the couple fighting. When people drink too much (ha, check out the Bettina thread love you guys) emotions can be exaggerated. A simple and harmless argument/fight could be construed as dangerous. If Mary was at that point, where her intoxicated self saw it as threatening for the woman, then I could see him feeling like he had no other choice but to call for help (1 against 3).

I also can't help but wonder if Byron has, perhaps, faced these kinds of scenes before with Mary. You don't normally call the police for a one off situation that can be explained as someone having too much to drink and it was out of character. Whereas, if this has happened several times over the years maybe he knew he had to make the call because it was over the top in comparison to other situations. Plus, I can't see a woman hauling off and belting her fiance in the face, cutting him, if there wasn't a comfort level for her to do it in the first place. In other words, physical abuse tends to escalate over time. If it isn't stopped the first time it will continue to be part of future arguments. I'm not saying that Mary is or isn't an abuser but once you introduce this kind of behaviour in a fight (hitting, throwing plates, throwing remotes, kicking doors in, etc.) it is really hard to turn it back to just a verbal fight once that line is crossed. The best solution is to never start it in the first place and always try to fight fair.

Whatever really happened I don't see how this relationship can last. Mary has faced public humilation at the hands of the man that she is engaged to. The one person that, regardless of the details of their relationship, she would have expected to stand by her and save her from this kind of disgrace. Whether or not he didn't want to press charges he is the reason the police were called and everything snowballed from that call. Unless Mary got a wake up call because of it I can imagine that this is how she will see it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2694983;
    This actually sounds like the most reasonable scenario. If she was intoxicated it's possible that she may have over reacted to the couple fighting..........I also can't help but wonder if Byron has, perhaps, faced these kinds of scenes before with Mary. You don't normally call the police for a one off situation that can be explained as someone having too much to drink and it was out of character. Whereas, if this has happened several times over the years maybe he knew he had to make the call because it was over the top in comparison to other situations. Plus, I can't see a woman hauling off and belting her fiance in the face, cutting him, if there wasn't a comfort level for her to do it in the first place. In other words, physical abuse tends to escalate over time. If it isn't stopped the first time it will continue to be part of future arguments.............Whatever really happened I don't see how this relationship can last.....
    While I agree with your post, these few points are what I am thinking when it comes to these two & this incident.

What a shame, but they have managed to keep out of the public eye pretty much after the B6 hype until now, but this is publicity that no one would want (at least, no one in their right mind!).

Has anyone ever thought, that maybe Byron called the police to report on the couple that was arguing in the house. I am familiar with our local law enforcement here (Pinellas County). Just to give a few more answers to open questions I found in this thread, Mary spent close to 13 hours in county jail because she had to have an advisory hearing first. This probably took place in the morning around 8. Then she had to wait for the ROR officer and that process takes a few more hours. The victim can NEVER bond their "attacker" out of jail period. So I did see where someone was wondering if Byron bonded her out, that is NO.

This is why I think that Byron did NOT call to report Mary hitting him; according to public records, there was a request for contact with Byron and also a request NOT to prosecute. I am thinking that Byron called the police to calm the couple down in the home where he went in to "clean up". Once PCSO (Pinellas County Sheriff's Office) got there I'm sure they questioned everyone. He refused to have pictures taken of his injury to his lip. Even if Byron did NOT want to press charges, if there is visual evidence, the police WILL arrest and charge the individual with battery/domestic violence on behalf of the state. Then it is up to the state to try to convince Byron to cooperate with them. Without pictures, and without testimony from Byron, this case will disappear. The state will not have enough to prosecute Mary.
    Last edited by J.J.; 11-28-2007 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2694983;

Whatever really happened I don't see how this relationship can last. Mary has faced public humilation at the hands of the man that she is engaged to. The one person that, regardless of the details of their relationship, she would have expected to stand by her and save her from this kind of disgrace. Whether or not he didn't want to press charges he is the reason the police were called and everything snowballed from that call. Unless Mary got a wake up call because of it I can imagine that this is how she will see it too.
    Public humiliation is putting it mildly. She was ARRESTED so that shows pretty clearly that she was out of hand since the POLICE arrested her and Byron called the police which to me says that he wasn't worried about exposing her to humiliation! Those two events just don't add up to lasting happiness, imo. This event signals to me that whatever good times they've had are OVER. jmo
    I'm also left to wonder if one or both of them have been limping along waay too long in the belief that the fantasy of the Bachelor would somehow magically transfer into a happy ending andl end everlasting happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2695352;
    Public humiliation is putting it mildly. She was ARRESTED so that shows pretty clearly that she was out of hand since the POLICE arrested her and Byron called the police which to me says that he wasn't worried about exposing her to humiliation! Those two events just don't add up to lasting happiness, imo. This event signals to me that whatever good times they've had are OVER. jmo
    I'm also left to wonder if one or both of them have been limping along waay too long in the belief that the fantasy of the Bachelor would somehow magically transfer into a happy ending andl end everlasting happiness.
    Thanks that is my thought process I have to me this is over. Mary being humiliated wont want anything to do with him. Bryon did not seem happy on the AFRC show and this incident coming just a few days after airing is peculiar to say the least. I dont believe he called for the other couple he called for Mary no one else. It was from their home that he called isn't it?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;2695377;
    It was from their home that he called isn't it?
    Bugs - I don't remember reading that Byron called the police. And no, she wasn't arrested at their home in Tampa, but in the driveway of a friends' house where they had been to a party.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread