+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

I also read that it was recently Mary's 40th birthday? Perhaps she finally pushed Byron for a definite commitment and didn't like the answer she got from him. All this time with the ticking clock and there she is, arrested and miserable on her birthday. Now, I agree violence is never the answer but I have to say I feel for her. She obviously has issues with choosing the wrong kind of man, but it's sad that she's wasted so much time on a relationship that was apparently going nowhere.

The part that struck me after reading the article was that she was arrested at 12:15 AM and not released until 2:58PM. She spent 14 hours in lockup. Who released her and was bail involved? Did she return home or go to a friend's place. This whole scenario is very sad and very public. Of course the show did not make a comment...what would they say? That they have the upmost respect for Mary and Byron and that this is a private matter between them?

Enough voyeurism for me today.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by toni;2691705;
    This totally stinks. Alcohol was probably involved.
    Published reports said alcohol was involved. I have a strong feeling Mary and Byron have been having problems for sometime and the ATFR show just brought it to a head. Mary’s eyes lit up when Chris said he had a minister backstage ready to perform the wedding ceremony. She was clearly encouraging the audience to support her. In the meantime, Byron was sweating bullets. Maybe she has grown angry and resentful because deep down inside, she knows he has no intentions of marrying her. I don’t condone what Mary did, but I’ve never cared for Byron. He totally led Tanya on with his, “Here’s to Christmases in Texas”. I sincerely hope he wasn’t the one that called the police on his “fiancée”.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonDrop;2692329;
    Interesting... but what I don't get is why Byron called the cops if he didn't want to press charges...
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2692333;
    Interesting... but what I don't get is why Byron called the cops if he didn't want to press charges...
    Maybe he just wanted some "official" help in calming her down and separating her from himself.
    My mom had an unfortunate incident with my brother's ex-girlfriend, in which the girlfriend was throwing things in my mom's house. My mom called the police to help her calm down the girlfriend and get her away from the house. She didn't want to press charges, she just wanted her to go away.
    I'm wondering if this might have been a somewhat similar situation.

Whatever the background story, imo, this pretty clearly shows that Mary and Byron are over, finito. There will be no marriage, I'd expect an immediate breakup. Couples meeting on any other show seem more likely to end up happily married than those meeting on The Bachelor, jmo. I wonder when the next bachelor will be announced. I'm an incurable romantic and even I have been forced to accept that the bachelor/ette is not the place to look for a TRUE romantic ending. jmo.

I agree, after such a very public airing of their private battle, I doubt the relationship will survive. It sounds like they have a tempestuous relationship which doesn't bode well for the long term.

FORT Fogey

With the additional details about the incident, it sounds like alcohol was probably the catalyst for everything that happened that night: the argument between the couple Byron and Mary were visiting, Mary's belligerence about not wanting to leave the couple's house when Byron wanted to, and the resulting argument between Byron/Mary after they got in his truck. I can understand why Byron would have called the cops but not wanted to press charges. If Mary was out of control, it was probably the safest thing to do under the circumstances, to get Mary away for a cooling off period (and to sober up!). Makes me wonder if this is really a first-time incident involving too much alcohol, or just the first time things were so out of control he was forced to get the cops to intervene.

I am willing to bet that Florida has the same law in regards to domestic disputes that we have here in New York.

According to a New York State law - "In domestic disputes, the responding officers have the right to make an arrest when there is a clear sign of physical injury. If the victim doesn't wants to press charges, the police can do so instead". This law went into effect after the OJ Simpson trial. Records showed that Nicole called the police numerous times, but OJ always managed to charm the officers and well... the rest is history.

+ Reply to Thread