+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

FORT Fan

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Mary had wanted to get married and have children. At 41 that may be harder to do. Their FRC was aired on 11-24-04. They had planned to get married the following November. Lots of Novembers have come and gone, and no wedding. On Byron's website, he calls Mary his "life partner". Maybe they have decided not to get married, and perhaps no children. This could be a cause of great distress for Mary, and who knows, her reasons for drinking. Let's hope whatever the cause, that they get counseling and work thru this.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudKsGrandma;3236663;
    Mary had wanted to get married and have children. At 41 that may be harder to do. Their FRC was aired on 11-24-04. They had planned to get married the following November. Lots of Novembers have come and gone, and no wedding. On Byron's website, he calls Mary his "life partner". Maybe they have decided not to get married, and perhaps no children. This could be a cause of great distress for Mary, and who knows, her reasons for drinking. Let's hope whatever the cause, that they get counseling and work thru this.
    Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember her tell Bob something to do with her biological clock...there have been a few of them over the seasons that seem to have them running.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie;3236344;
    Does anyone else think it odd that both of these run-ins with the police have occurred in November? The last arrest was before Thanksgiving, November, 2007. It just makes you wonder!
    I believe the last incident happened on 11/20/2007, the night the ATFR aired with Brad, Jenni & DeAnna. If I remember correctly, it was said that they were watching the show with another couple when it happened. Byron/Mary were on that ATFR which was pre-taped.

Can you all believe it will be exactly one year tomorrow, 11/19/2007, that the infamous FRC with Brad and the girls happened? It seems like yesterday to me, yet so much has happened since then; Brad back with his ex, broken up again; Jenni back with her ex, engaged (to be married 3-7-2009); Matt & Shayne (Bachelor 12), in love/engaged, broken up; DeAnna, starred on Bachelorette 4, in love with Jesse, broke Jason's heart, broke up w/Jesse, Jason to find love on Bachelor 13 beginning 1/05/2009. Yep, a lot of water has gone under that bridge since that Brad FRC.

Quote Originally Posted by ProudKsGrandma;3236663;
    About a year ago, his website said she was his "fiance", but after what has happened, I'm not surprised he has changed it to his "life partner". I don't see marriage in their future. I think Mary has issues.JMO

Several months ago, my dh went to a bass tournament that Byron participated in and my dh said he shook Byron's hand and they talked for a while (about fishing). My dh said he seemed to be a really nice guy and said he didn't see Mary anywhere. The dh watches those fishing shows and Mary was on there quite a bit, but he hasn't mentioned seeing her a while.

Byron writes a blog and Mary is mentioned frequently and fondly. He called her his life-partner long before this incident. They have been together for four years now, weathered the last incident, and will I think weather this one too. In spite of comments Mary made years ago, they have obviously not seen marriage or children as priorities in their lives.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3236525;
    I won't disagree that Mary has issues. But I bet that Byron has his own.
    If he edges her on, she might feel the need to fight back and at times get out control...just a possible scenario. Her behavior may very well just be sign that they both need to work somethings out.

If that weren't the case Byron should have left the relationship long ago!

None of us really knows what has lead to Mary acting the way she has, only Byron. The fact that he sticks by her says a lot.
    My brother and Byron were friends in high school - my brother's best friend and Byron's best friend were brothers - and my bro was shocked when Byron was chosen to be the Bachelor. According to him - and he's a total pacifist - Byron is the only person he's ever punched. I don't know all the details, but I do know that Byron spit in my brother's face. Obviously, I don't know Byron, but I know my brother and, particularly back then, he was a sweet, happy-go-lucky, mellow guy. I was shocked when he told me he actually hit someone. Maybe Byron has changed and matured, but he wasn't so charming 20 years ago.

That being said, even Byron has said that arrest last year was blown way out of proportion. I don't know why he felt the need to call the police, but he naively said he didn't think they'd arrest Mary over what he thought was a minor incident. Sounds like these two need some counseling. Like others, I doubt they'll ever get married.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3237054;
    My brother and Byron were friends in high school - my brother's best friend and Byron's best friend were brothers - and my bro was shocked when Byron was chosen to be the Bachelor. According to him - and he's a total pacifist - Byron is the only person he's ever punched. I don't know all the details, but I do know that Byron spit in my brother's face. Obviously, I don't know Byron, but I know my brother and, particularly back then, he was a sweet, happy-go-lucky, mellow guy. I was shocked when he told me he actually hit someone. Maybe Byron has changed and matured, but he wasn't so charming 20 years ago.

That being said, even Byron has said that arrest last year was blown way out of proportion. I don't know why he felt the need to call the police, but he naively said he didn't think they'd arrest Mary over what he thought was a minor incident. Sounds like these two need some counseling. Like others, I doubt they'll ever get married.

While Byron's season was being televised, there was the biggest brouhaha I have ever seen on the Alphabet Board when Byron's previous ex-main squeeze, Gwen ( a Las Vegas pole dancer), came on to the board complete with pictures and maintaining that Byron's timetable had him breaking up with her to film the Bachelor. Following Gwen who insisted that Byron had promised her 10 year old daughter certain things he never fulfilled was Gwen's ex and the child's father ( going for custody) and all of his buds who incessantly bashed both Gwen and Byron.

Although it is evident that Mary has her problems, it might be safe to say that perhaps Byron is not exactly a candidate for altar boy either.

Critcal/Bloomers- you guys explained my point much better, I think!lol

Basically, it takes two to tango...so if Mary was the only one with the issues, I doubt Byron would still be by her side.

Who is John Galt?

Obviously, these two have a very tempestuous relationship. Byron is probably attracted to hot blooded women. I seem to remember him saying his first wife was also tempermental. Some couples spend their whole relationships fighting and making up over and over. They find it stimulating and sexy. Personally, I prefer a mellow, compatible relationship myself.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3238012;
    Obviously, these two have a very tempestuous relationship. Byron is probably attracted to hot blooded women. I seem to remember him saying his first wife was also tempermental. Some couples spend their whole relationships fighting and making up over and over. They find it stimulating and sexy. Personally, I prefer a mellow, compatible relationship myself.
    to everything you said.

So, I guess I should check my math. Considering that I graduated from high school over 20 years ago and my brother is older, my post above should have said that Byron wasn't so charming 30 years ago My bro graduated class of 1980 and Byron was (I believe) a year behind him. I think I'm in denial about my age.

My brother's surprise about Byron being the Bachelor also had to do with the fact that Byron was sort of a dork back then. I mean, how many guys who are on the Fishing Club in high school (seriously, there's a pic in the year book!) turn out to be sought after bachelors on a TV show?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread