+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

FORT Regular

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Let's not forget Byron's first wife. If I recall she also was a woman with....shall we say "issues". It seems like Byron loves to love difficult women, or maybe it's nicer to say not-easy-women. I would say until AA AND anger management, Mary should not be contemplating having children. Sad news.

FORT Regular

Does anyone else think it odd that both of these run-ins with the police have occurred in November? The last arrest was before Thanksgiving, November, 2007. It just makes you wonder!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by honeybeeseattle;3236290;
    Sorry... I just gotta chime in here with a question... if Byron was the one who got drunk and punched Mary in the face, would you still say they were lifemates? I am of the opinion that abuse is abuse, no matter who perpetrates it. Who knows what else has happened when the cops haven't been called... just my 2 pennies.
    Actually, if I remember right, it was Mary who got drunk and punched Byron in the face, even cutting him with her engagement ring.

I hope this is a wake-up call for Mary and she seeks help for her anger and alcohol issues...
    Forever a Word Nerd

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat;3236351;
    Actually, if I remember right, it was Mary who got drunk and punched Byron in the face, even cutting him with her engagement ring.
    Yes, exactly. That's what I meant. Mary hit Byron. Everyone thinks that they are meant to be, and that she should get help with her anger and alcohol issues. Well, if I was in a relationship where my partner got drunk and hit me, I wouldn't wait around for them to get help, especially if there's no evidence they want to get help (which seems to be Mary's case). I'd get the heck out of there and let them fix themselves. I'm not interested in 'fixing' anyone, and I'm sure as heck not going to hang around to get hit again. I would feel exactly the same if I was a man, and the hitter was a woman. You see what I mean?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by honeybeeseattle;3236419;
    Yes, exactly. That's what I meant. Mary hit Byron. Everyone thinks that they are meant to be, and that she should get help with her anger and alcohol issues. Well, if I was in a relationship where my partner got drunk and hit me, I wouldn't wait around for them to get help, especially if there's no evidence they want to get help (which seems to be Mary's case). I'd get the heck out of there and let them fix themselves. I'm not interested in 'fixing' anyone, and I'm sure as heck not going to hang around to get hit again. I would feel exactly the same if I was a man, and the hitter was a woman. You see what I mean?

I have never been involved in any kind of abusive situation, but I think that it might be easier for me to say what I would do in that kind of situation rather than what I might actually be able to do if I were in love and emotionally involved to a great extent with the abusive partner.
    Since Mary and Byron have been together for 3 or 4 years now, there must be some serious emotional feelings between the two.

It is my compassionate opinion that they both need help in the form of appropriate counseling and therapy - she for her drinking problem and anger and he for his propensity to enable her in her difficulties.
    Perhaps if there is a great love between the two, it would be a mistake to chuck the whole thing without trying to salvage it.

I don't know if it will last, but I am encouraged by the relationship between Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban. She stuck by him when he fell off the wagon right after their wedding, when he went through several months of rehab and therapy, and when he came out on the other side ready to be a steady husband and father.
    If this relationship could prosper and survive therapy and rehab, perhaps there is hope for Mary and Byron?

I won't disagree that Mary has issues. But I bet that Byron has his own.
    If he edges her on, she might feel the need to fight back and at times get out control...just a possible scenario. Her behavior may very well just be sign that they both need to work somethings out.

If that weren't the case Byron should have left the relationship long ago!

None of us really knows what has lead to Mary acting the way she has, only Byron. The fact that he sticks by her says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3236525;
    I won't disagree that Mary has issues. But I bet that Byron has his own.
    If he edges her on, she might feel the need to fight back and at times get out control...just a possible scenario. Her behavior may very well just be sign that they both need to work somethings out.

If that weren't the case Byron should have left the relationship long ago!

None of us really knows what has lead to Mary acting the way she has, only Byron. The fact that he sticks by her says a lot.
    I remember how obvious it was to me that he would pick her during the show; I felt that no one else had a chance, Mary had won his heart.

I don't know what the issue is for Mary/Byron but with all of the media focus you'd think someone would put them in touch with Dr. Phil at least!

Jelle: Thank you for the info on Charlie and Sarah!!! I didn't realize they had gotten back together, and I am happy to know they are reconciled!
    I had hoped for a wedding with those two, and was disappointed when they broke up - am so glad to see they are together again.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I love armchair analysts.

Mary is a lovely person when she is not drinking. Many folks have the Jeckyl and Hyde gene when they drink. Mary appears to be one.

If she doesn't see she has a problem, an intervention or any program will not work. That's where it has to start. The elevator of addiction or "substance abuse" can stop at ANY floor......... one's bottom isn't necessarilly another's.

Interventions force bottoms. They often work if the person realizes the consequences if they don't seek help....but those on the other side are sick too, need help, and must stick to their guns (if you don't get help I will no longer.....) for it to truly work. False threats from one side are like hearing "I'm sorry, it won't happen again" from the other.

I pray for them both.

I don't know what the issue is for Mary/Byron but with all of the media focus you'd think someone would put them in touch with Dr. Phil at least!

Forget Dr Phil.....get Ken, Candy or Jeff on the case.

+ Reply to Thread