+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2783931;
    I don't think mary is blaming the show for what happened but says she is disillusioned with the show...

but Mary did it TWICE - and not even once when she was in control...if it was that terrible - why do it to yourself again?
    I can't believe that I'm commenting on this again, but I am. Yes, cape! IMO, she is ONLY unhappy with the SHOW because her legal "situation" was exposed. I doubt if her house is staked out with telphoto lenses. Nobody can convince me that she hasn't enjoyed whatever celebrity perks and attention the BACH has afforded her. (I know I may be wrong, but this is my opinion.)

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2784349;
    I can't believe that I'm commenting on this again, but I am. Yes, cape! IMO, she is ONLY unhappy with the SHOW because her legal "situation" was exposed. I doubt if her house is staked out with telphoto lenses. Nobody can convince me that she hasn't enjoyed whatever celebrity perks and attention the BACH has afforded her. (I know I may be wrong, but this is my opinion.)
    Being with a professional fisherman also has its perks as well. Byron is sponsored; plus Mary also fishes as an amateur on the circuit.

After Arrest, Bachelor Couple Still Strong
    Thursday March 20, 2008

Former Bachelor contestants Mary Delgado and Byron Velvick have gotten past a 2007 fight that landed Delgado in jail.

“We’re going day by day, on our own time,” the pro fisherman, 43, says of life with his fiancée in the newest issue of Us Weekly, on newsstands now.

The pair, who got engaged after she won the final rose in 2004, are going strong despite a pre-Thanksgiving fight — she wanted to stay out later, he was ready to call it a night — that resulted in Delgado being arrested and charged with battery (charges were dropped).

“You weather through stuff, work harder,” Velvick says, “and you come to a better understanding if the love is real.

Adds Delgado: “He’s awesome.”

Usmagazine.com | After Arrest, Bachelor Couple Still Strong

Thanks for posting that news article about Byron and Mary, Cupcakes!

That is good news to hear about their relationship, and I do wish them the best! They seem to be a dedicated couple, to weather these storms together.

Wow. Just finished watching the last episode of Byron season for the 1st time. Loved it.

I figured I'll bump the thread

FORT Newbie

I saw most of the Byron series today for the 1st time today including the finale. Wow did he grow on me! For better and worse, its great that they're still together!

Cupcakes, thanks for the article on Byron & Mary. After watching DeAnna on Jimmy Kimmel the other night, I thought they might have broken up since Kimmel said Trish & Ryan were the only ones still together.

My DH loves bass fishing and he met Byron about a month or two ago at a tournament. He said he shook Byron's hand and they talked a good while. DH said Byron is a real nice guy. Of course, I wanted to know if he saw Mary. He said he didn't see her and I wanted to know why he didn't ask about her. His response "we were talking about FISHING". We see Byron and Mary on fishing shows quite often. Great news to hear they are still together and doing well.

Re: Byron and Mary on ESPN Yesterday

What happened to these 2? Did they every marry? I was watching the re-runs on channel 335 on directv and was wondering.

FORT Newbie

I was also curious to see if anyone had an update on Mary and Byron. I really like what little I do know of Byron. Mary... I really could take or leave, she seems a bit desperate but basically a likeable person.

Re: Byron and Mary on ESPN Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by chloerose2;3058504;
    I was also curious to see if anyone had an update on Mary and Byron. I really like what little I do know of Byron. Mary... I really could take or leave, she seems a bit desperate but basically a likeable person.
    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;3048468;
    What happened to these 2? Did they every marry? I was watching the re-runs on channel 335 on directv and was wondering.
    They are still together and still engaged....

The Velvick touch-June 13, 2008

After an absolutely horrible 2007 season on the Elite Series tour, Byron Velvick has rebounded — his Day One third-place finish on Kentucky Lake being just one more example.

The former contestant on ABC "The Bachelor" entered this week in 26th place for the Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Angler of the Year standings race. He's finished in the top 50 at four tournaments this season, including third place at Texas' Falcon Lake and a 15th-place at Florida's Kissimmee Chain.

Last season Velvick, who will turn 44 next week, essentially finished dead last in the AOY standings: He was 107th with 1,141 points; Elton Luce Jr. finished 108th with 99 points after having to leave the tour.

"I'm healthy this year," Velvick said in explaining his resurgence. "It was like a black cloud followed me last year."

The black cloud formed in the second Elite Series event of the season last year, when Velvick was injured prior to the tournament on Lake Amistad, which Velvick has called home since buying Amistad Lake Resort in Del Rio, Texas.

Velvick had to go to the emergency room on Wednesday night before the tournament started, after his leg got caught between his truck and his boat trailer, which came loose from the hitch.

(It's a long story, but wasn't Velvick's fault.)

"Amistad was like a blur, because I was on so much pain medication," Velvick said. "I could hobble to the front of the boat. Then I just sat in the seat ... I couldn't even stand up.

"It took four or five months for my leg to really get better. It was blown up. It was a major contusion."

The black cloud followed Velvick to California, where he almost sliced his thumb off with a knife, trying to cut a banana during the tournament at Clear Lake.

"This year I've been careful," Velvick said with a smile. "I'm fishing slow. And I've had Mary (Delgado) with me, who's my good luck charm. Every time she's with me, I find fish (in practice)."

Delgado, for the few who don't know, is Velvick's fiancée, whom he met during the sixth season of "The Bachelor."
    ESPN - KVD explains why this TVA lake has been so productive

+ Reply to Thread