+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2782268;
    Angelic, instead of being concerned about what is in the media they should be concerned about domestic abuse in their relationship and seek counseling. The Bachelor show for them has been over way to long for them to put any blame of their abuse situation against the show. :nono
    I would say that she will have to take a domestic violation intervention course. If she had to go to court over this it may be standard procedure. I have always wondered why her and Byron have never married. I also thought there was something fishy about why they brought her in midstream in the season. My take is she and him met right as filming began and he asked for her to be brought on. Could be a far fetched idea.

FORT Regular

I watched the episode of Inside Edition and read the article, and at no time did Byron or Mary ever blame the "Bachelor" for their problems or for the fight etc. They responded to what it is like being a reality couple.........they just were stating that they are not fairy tale type people just because they got engaged on a tv show............Mary also stated that other than meeting Byron, she would rather take the whole experience back. They were not talking at that point about the fight.

Rhodie
    P.S. Sweet Elvira is correct though, this would NEVER have been on tv, mags etc. if they had not been on tv......thousands of similar incidents happen every day across the US.(and are never publicized)
    Last edited by rhodie; 02-04-2008 at 08:33 PM.

As hard as it may be for us to imagine a relationship surviving domestic abuse, it does happen among the famous, and not so famous. Example that springs to mind is Diane Lane and Josh Brolin, for starters.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure;2782321;
    As hard as it may be for us to imagine a relationship surviving domestic abuse, it does happen among the famous, and not so famous. Example that springs to mind is Diane Lane and Josh Brolin, for starters.
    Oh my, I had not heard of this.....they have had problems with domestic violence???

FORT Regular

Never mind GuiltyPleasure!! I googled them and found some articles about the incident......I had not read about it before!! It unfortunately, happens to people from all walks of life!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure;2782321;

Diane Lane and Josh Brolin experienced domestic abuse? I never heard about that.

guilty: To me it's not so much a matter of can we imagine as that it is something that needs to be DEALT with, not swept under the carpet.
    Also, often times people that are involved in dysfunctional behaviors are also highly invested in blaming everyone and everything but themselves. In order for a change to occur a person has to stop blaming others and face accept the responsibility.

I know NOTHING of these two people I just found it silly that Mary seemed to be blaming the show, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2782982;
    Diane Lane and Josh Brolin experienced domestic abuse? I never heard about that.

guilty: To me it's not so much a matter of can we imagine as that it is something that needs to be DEALT with, not swept under the carpet.
    Also, often times people that are involved in dysfunctional behaviors are also highly invested in blaming everyone and everything but themselves. In order for a change to occur a person has to stop blaming others and face accept the responsibility.

I know NOTHING of these two people I just found it silly that Mary seemed to be blaming the show, but that's just me.
    No, it's not just you; no way can Mary or Byron blame the spotlight of the show for their problems; they are too far from it, and too deep into their relationship for it to have much bearing. (Other than the fact we never would have seen their fracas splashed all over the headlines had they not been the bachelor participants.)
    Personally, domestic violence would be a total deal breaker for me. I'm amazed that couples stay together after such. I can't even imagine wanting to continue the relationship. Lots of soul searching, therapy, yes, but as a single person, far from the perfect storm.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2782982;

I really don't see how she is blaming the show or anyone else for this. Nor do I see that they are not taking responsibility for their actions.

What I got out of the article was that they aren't the Cinderella story. They have a normal relationship. Their life isn't a fairytale like the show gives out.
    I think she is just denying the rumors that she was drinking shots, wasn't falling down drunk, and the fight wasn't about him refusing to marry her like the rumors are saying. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2783019;
    I really don't see how she is blaming the show or anyone else for this. Nor do I see that they are not taking responsibility for their actions.

What I got out of the article was that they aren't the Cinderella story. They have a normal relationship. Their life isn't a fairytale like the show gives out.
    I think she is just denying the rumors that she was drinking shots, wasn't falling down drunk, and the fight wasn't about him refusing to marry her like the rumors are saying. JMO
    Agreed. I think part of what she's saying is that this wouldn't have been in the national news without them having been on TV, not that being in TV caused the problem. That's all.

I don't think mary is blaming the show for what happened but says she is disillusioned with the show...

but Mary did it TWICE - and not even once when she was in control...if it was that terrible - why do it to yourself again?

+ Reply to Thread