+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

I wish them nothing but happiness in the New Year.

I hope they work things out! This is good news, and I think Byron said just enough to a) clear things up for the curious and b) protect their privacy.

I think it says alot when Mary is willing to learn how to Fish and even compete in a tournament with him. I hope that they will always be like this together. Sometimes the silence in fishing or when fishing can make huge problems seem small because the fish do not care.

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion

Inside Edition - News

The Bachelor and The Bachelorette Speak Out

Airdate: 2/1/2008 ABC’s The Bachelor Byron Velvick and his fiancée Mary Delgado, who are still engaged, spoke exclusively with INSIDE EDITION about the night of Delgado’s arrest.

On November 21, 2007, Delgado reportedly punched the former Bachelor star and fiancé Velvick in the face. She was arrested in Tampa, Florida.

Velvick and Delgado told INSIDE EDITION they were watching Season 11 of The Bachelor’s After The Final Rose show, on which they were featured, the night Delgado was arrested.

“It was just an unfortunate set of circumstances,” said Delgado. “The assumption out there is that I’m upset because he doesn’t want to marry me, and that’s so far from the truth. It was a lot of things. It was something that just kind of got out of hand.”

According to Velvick, “that night we had a ‘perfect storm’ of things happening. We had another couple that (wasn’t) getting along; there was a lot of issues there. They were being angry at each other.”

Delgado told INSIDE EDITION she was very embarrassed by the arrest. “It was humiliating. It’s just indescribable. A lot of things go through your mind. From my mug shot you could see I cried nonstop.”

Of the arrest, Velvick said, “There was not any reason why something should have gone as far as that…I tried to stop (the police) when they were thinking about doing that. I was shocked, stunned and very concerned.”

Mary Delgado told INSIDE EDITION about the role alcohol played that evening. “I was not falling over drunk. We had cocktails, yeah, but to sit here and say that I did shots, it wasn’t even that at all. It was just a lot of things…just kind of like a volcano.”

Velvick and Delgado also told INSIDE EDITON what it is like being a reality show couple. Velvick said, “Just because you met on a reality show, got engaged on this beautiful incredible setting doesn’t mean that we’re Prince Charming or Beautiful Princess. It’s nothing like that. It’s just a real couple going through real things.”

Delgado tended to agree, “If I could take everything back going on reality TV and putting myself out there, aside from the fact that I met him, I would.”

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

How sad that in hindsight that Mary has such a disallusioned view of her experience. I am glad to hear that they are working it out. Often times domestic disputes are blown out of proportion, but if the cops are called, someone has to get arrested.

I guess I don't understand how the show was actually the problem in this case. I'd think the awful things was that she ended up in JAIL, not that it got out on the internet. Her problems have nothing to do with her "fame" or with the Bachelor. jmho There would have been NO news written about her at all if she hadn't ended up in jail.

Would it have even made the news if they hadn't been on TV previously? I doubt it. Domestic issues requiring the police pop up every day in every city.

I think also, part of her point might be that she didn't like being on the Bachelor aside from the fact that she met Byron. A lot of contestants don't seem to like this show after they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2781936;
    Would it have even made the news if they hadn't been on TV previously? I doubt it. Domestic issues requiring the police pop up every day in every city.

I think also, part of her point might be that she didn't like being on the Bachelor aside from the fact that she met Byron. A lot of contestants don't seem to like this show after they're gone.

Oh I would certainly not defend what the producers, etc. do with the Bachelor, however, I disagree that the media is her problem. Her problem is her behavior and/ or Byron's behavior. If I had spent the night in jail I'd be thinking about THAT and not some stupid little article that would quickly fade away. jmho. The show didn't make them behave in the way which ended in her stay in jail. jmho. Furthermore, if she just didn't comment at all to the media things would completely fade away. The fact is that people have probably made up their minds about this incident and them commenting on it does nothing but put it back in the media.

I agree. The show, and the exposure to the show itself cannot be the cause or the blame for these contestant's behavior once the show has ended. I feel a person's behavior is up to him or herself.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Angelic, instead of being concerned about what is in the media they should be concerned about domestic abuse in their relationship and seek counseling. The Bachelor show for them has been over way to long for them to put any blame of their abuse situation against the show. :nono

+ Reply to Thread