+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;2706094;
    Now I understand but weren't they visiting friends maybe he didn't have the non-emergency number. I would surmise that the number would be in the phone book. Maybe he was in shock that she slapped him and this was a gut reaction. Just trying to rationalize why he would use 911 but he is not the only one to misuse 911. It is misused a great deal and then people complain when help doesn't arrive quick enough.
    I really don't think what number he used is relevant. When things like this happen, (assault, violence, etc.) people don't always think "well, I better find a phone book and make sure I dial the right number". If he had hit her, she would probably do the same thing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;2708392;
    I really don't think what number he used is relevant. When things like this happen, (assault, violence, etc.) people don't always think "well, I better find a phone book and make sure I dial the right number". If he had hit her, she would probably do the same thing.
    Plus, I got the impression from the 911 call that the couple that they were visiting didn't have a phone. Maybe you don't get a phonebook if you don't have a phone?

I agree. I think it was just one of those incidents where dialing 9-1-1 was the easiest thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2708591;
    I agree. I think it was just one of those incidents where dialing 9-1-1 was the easiest thing to do.

But, honestly, WHAT did he expect would happen when he called 911???

I just think he was a weiner for doing it, plain and simple, politically correct or no. He should have just walked away from the entire situation... and I bet [if they are still together] he wishes now that he had.

Look...I don't condone violence [man or woman] - but there were alternatives to the way he handled it. I don't think that he thought much beyond the "Why that little witch, I'll show her!" moment. So it's his motives in calling 911 that make me want to call him a weiner, because he obviously wasn't in mortal danger.

I'm not going to say what kind of danger, or if he was in danger at all..I wasn't there to make that judgement. Just going on all we know, I will not put him down for calling for "help" of any kind..if he truly felt he needed it at the time. Like I said, I wasn't there to know exactly what happened...so therefore, Im not going to say what he should or shouldn't have done.

I wasn't there either, and maybe shouldn't make the assumptions I'm making - but I've made them based on his 911 call, the sound of his voice, tone, inflection and background speak. If I hadn't heard that tape, I'd be definitely saying that no-one had a clue what went on and that it's pretty hard to draw assumptions from nothing. But my assumption that he was not in any real danger and my opinion of him and the situation weren't pulled out of thin air.

And they're only my opinion Everyone sees situations differently based on the sum of their life's experiences and teachings. This is just one very little version/opinion

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2709080;
    I wasn't there either, and maybe shouldn't make the assumptions I'm making - but I've made them based on his 911 call, the sound of his voice, tone, inflection and background speak. If I hadn't heard that tape, I'd be definitely saying that no-one had a clue what went on and that it's pretty hard to draw assumptions from nothing. But my assumption that he was not in any real danger and my opinion of him and the situation weren't pulled out of thin air.

And they're only my opinion Everyone sees situations differently based on the sum of their life's experiences and teachings. This is just one very little version/opinion
    ITA. When a person calls 911, they can say this is a non-emergency call and 911 will put them through to a non-emergency line. 911 is for true emergencies and when it is misused (as I believe it was after listening to the 911 tape), then it reduces the available of the line for true emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2708991;
    I just think he was a weiner for doing it, plain and simple, politically correct or no. He should have just walked away from the entire situation... and I bet [if they are still together] he wishes now that he had.
    Look...I don't condone violence [man or woman] - but there were alternatives to the way he handled it. I don't think that he thought much beyond the "Why that little witch, I'll show her!" moment. So it's his motives in calling 911 that make me want to call him a weiner, because he obviously wasn't in mortal danger.

If he had walked away where would that leave Mary? Remember she was still sitting in the truck, and I assume too drunk to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2710561;
    If he had walked away where would that leave Mary? Remember she was still sitting in the truck, and I assume too drunk to drive.

Well she spend the night in jail, I assume after a strip search, etc. so I think there could have been a BETTER solution all around than 911.
    Last edited by girlsmom; 12-08-2007 at 10:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread