+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2705625;
    I didnt understand it that well either. Then I read soccermama's post . If he didnt want paramedics and wasnt in any danger, then why call for the police to come urgently? I guess he was angry and wanted to publicly humiliate Mary. Not cool at all.
    Not cool is putting it mildly. It sounds like he wasted tax payer money and diverted the police, from someone who really was in danger, to apparently punish his fiancee'. Drunk or not this is really bad if he didn't need the help. I can't decide who is the sicker of the two, but imo, this anything BUT a fairy tale couple. jmho

I am undoubtedly in the minority with my opinion, and I don't condone violence in any way.

But, and this is a big but, if this was a single slap from Mary (especially if there was provocation) - I think he's a bit of a wussy. Now before everyone jumps on me, please realize this is just my honest opinion of a man who chose to call the police on someone he supposedly loved instead of just walking away, or breaking up with her etc. I doubt very much that he was in actual danger, I'd rather have the resources going to calls involving actual need.

I'm kind of conflicted because I know what the politically correct climate on this sort of domestic dispute is, and know that others have just as strong opinions the other way. I just think there are far more important things for the police to attend to other than a man being vindictive and vengeful as opposed to being in actual danger. And that's the way I heard it on the 911 tape - kind of like "You little witch - I'll show you!"

Now yes, people are responsible for their actions regardless of alcohol involvement - and Mary will have to pay the price for hers. I just think there were others ways to handle this other than the way he did.

(Of course my opinion is based on a single slap, with no evidence of a history of abuse and the assumption that he wasn't in any mortal danger...I also suffer from the affliction of being into really strong men - not neccessarily muscular - just not soft - I'm not sure I'm explaining myself the way I want to, but for what it's worth maybe that's why I feel the way I do acout his actions)

I agree girlsmom and dodie. If he wasnt in any danger then he should have taken the domestic dispute to the proper authorities at the police station.

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2705674;
    I agree girlsmom and dodie. If he wasnt in any danger then he should have taken the domestic dispute to the proper authorities at the police station.
    I agree to a certain extent but who are the proper authorities, isn't it the police? I have never been involved in a dispute where the police had to be called so I really don't know. Also we don't know where Mary was or what Mary was doing during this call to 911. Was she threatening Bryon or herself with more violence and out of control which he didn't know how to handle?

I think he clearly stated he wasn't in danger and that there were no weapons involved? If she had been a threat to herself or in need of external control, I think he would have said so out of concern. He didn't, in fact to me it was more about punishing Mary for what she had done than it was about "requiring police assistance".

Noone seems to solve anything themselves nowadays, resorting to attorneys and law enforcement for every little thing. Where are the days where a guy would just say "Crazy witch, I'm out of here... I'm no one's punching bag!" And leave? The relationship suffers or is finished - that's her consequence for her behaviour. C'est la vie! I don't think police were necessary in this case - but heh, like I said, I'm probably in the minority (and I'm okay with that )

I agree to a certain extent but who are the proper authorities, isn't it the police?
    Yes. The point is that he needn't have called 911 since he was not in any danger. Police stations are open 24 hours a day and officers are there, available to help. He could have called the police using the non- emergency phone number. He chose to get help regarding this domestic dispute in the most dramatic way possible.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 12-04-2007 at 08:48 PM.

FORT Fanatic Titans Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2705870;
    Yes. The point is that he needn't have called 911 since he was not in any danger. Police stations are open 24 hours a day and officers are there, available to help. He could have called the police using the non- emergency phone number. He chose to get help regarding this domestic dispute in the most dramatic way possible.
    Now I understand but weren't they visiting friends maybe he didn't have the non-emergency number. I would surmise that the number would be in the phone book. Maybe he was in shock that she slapped him and this was a gut reaction. Just trying to rationalize why he would use 911 but he is not the only one to misuse 911. It is misused a great deal and then people complain when help doesn't arrive quick enough.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by chaserla;2706094;
    Now I understand but weren't they visiting friends maybe he didn't have the non-emergency number. I would surmise that the number would be in the phone book. Maybe he was in shock that she slapped him and this was a gut reaction. Just trying to rationalize why he would use 911 but he is not the only one to misuse 911. It is misused a great deal and then people complain when help doesn't arrive quick enough.
    You can call 911 and ask for a non-emergency line. That's my problem with what Byron did. He wasn't in danger, he didn't sound scared, he sounded mad. He should have dealt with it differently and not tied up emergency personnel when there could have been a true emergency. He could have still had her arrested, if he wished, without calling 911.

I read somewhere a few days ago that they were still together, and have postponed buying some property. Do you ladies know what is going on? I have to say, I am mostly a lurker, and check different message boards here and there. This board is the most fact based board I have seen. The board that ABC sponsers is constantly full of false info. kudo's to all the posters on this board. I really enjoy reading your views.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Amjacie;2707396;
    I read somewhere a few days ago that they were still together, and have postponed buying some property. Do you ladies know what is going on? I have to say, I am mostly a lurker, and check different message boards here and there. This board is the most fact based board I have seen. The board that ABC sponsers is constantly full of false info. kudo's to all the posters on this board. I really enjoy reading your views.
    You are right about the legitimacy of the posters here. There is the odd one off that is delusional and an idiot but 99.9 % of the posters here a legitimate and well respected far beyond this website. I've always found that the site/host of the show message boards are just horrible.

I also wonder about Byron making that call. If he was, indeed, drunk as well, I can understand that flamboyant reaction (ie: calling the police when there was no reason to do it).

Maybe they both drink and it is part of their lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread