+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

FORT Newbie

Re: Byron and Mary - The New Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;2704304;
    Totally agree, only time hitting would be justified is in a self defense in a situation of being accosted. Two people in a relationship should never be hitting each other, walk away or sit down and talk, be adult.
    Well it is obvious to me that several people on this board have apparently never be super "angry" at a person and in the heat of the moment acted irrationally by say (hitting) or in my case throwing a coffee cup at their spouse. Now I am generally by nature a pretty passive person but on occasion and if provoked enough I will get angry. Thankfully for me the coffee cup missed my husband but went right through the front door window instead.
    Also one time my mom was upset with my dad over something and she asked him to leave her alone or she was going to hit him. He thought she was joking so he just kept taunting her to, "Hit Me, Hit Me!" So she did & he fell to the ground. Now my mom was pretty shocked that it happened as was my dad and they stayed married 47 years until he passed away. I wouldn't say that if a person does resort to hitting that they don't love the other person. Since none of us has walked in the other persons shoes how can we point fingers? JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2704113;
    There's no justification though, for hitting anyone...for ANY reason, in my opinion...let alone hitting them and splitting their lip open.
    I don't know about that. I slapped my ex-husband silly when he told me pregnant women were repulsive. I wasn't drunk either. Nor was he. If I had Mary's diamond on, his lip would have been split open like a big mouth bass! Had he called the police on me, well hell's bells.

I'm really careful about judging these kind of situations because I don't know what HE said to her. There are some things a man can NEVER say to a woman.

I still think my EX deserved the slap and I'd do it again. And again.

I am not sure why Byron has become the bad guy here except he called the police.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2704487;
    I am not sure why Byron has become the bad guy here except he called the police.

I am guessing it is because of the 911 call. He sounds drunk and angry. He says on the phone that he does not want paramedics to come, only the police. He told the emergency operator that he was not in any danger, and when being transferred to the sheriffs department from the operator he was yelling in the background and out of control. At least that is the way that I interpreted the call. I am trying to keep an open mind because I don't know the whole story or even Mary's point of view of what happened.

I'm not sure that Byron is the bad guy, but the situation sounds more complicated than just "Mary hit Byron." That's why there's what strikes me as a low level of speculation. Did he provoke her in some way? Who knows? I do think hitting someone is pretty extreme and not to be taken lightly.

Were they drinking heavily? If so, was this unusual for them or something that happened frequently? (And FTR, I'm no Carrie Nation -- I'm typing this after having had a glass of wine with dinner.) What tensions were they experiencing? What had gone on between the two of them lately that might have made them at odds with each other? Clearly, after this amount of time, they're beyond the infatuation stage and into the "I'll tolerate the stuff about you that drives me crazy" stage. How did that play into it? Does anyone who wasn't there know? I seriously doubt it.

That's how Byron comes into it, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetElvira;2704537;
    I'm not sure that Byron is the bad guy, but the situation sounds more complicated than just "Mary hit Byron." That's why there's what strikes me as a low level of speculation. Did he provoke her in some way? Who knows? I do think hitting someone is pretty extreme and not to be taken lightly.

Were they drinking heavily? If so, was this unusual for them or something that happened frequently? (And FTR, I'm no Carrie Nation -- I'm typing this after having had a glass of wine with dinner.) What tensions were they experiencing? What had gone on between the two of them lately that might have made them at odds with each other? Clearly, after this amount of time, they're beyond the infatuation stage and into the "I'll tolerate the stuff about you that drives me crazy" stage. How did that play into it? Does anyone who wasn't there know? I seriously doubt it.

That's how Byron comes into it, IMO.

The whole situation is sad - not only for Mary and Byron, but for anyone who has been in or known someone in that position. While I think we cannot help but speculate about the situation, I find it difficult to blame either party without knowing them. Someone up thread said there are always three sides to every story, and I think that is certainly true in a situation like this.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fogey

Totally agree, only time hitting would be justified is in a self defense in a situation of being accosted. Two people in a relationship should never be hitting each other, walk away or sit down and talk, be adult.
    I always find it sad that, many times, the one person we are supposed to love the most is the person we treat the worst.

I agree, pminn1608. Self defense is the only time for this kind of behavior.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2700209;
    So, Byron was sober enough to determine that he didn't want to be around the couple that was already aruging/fighting, but that Mary didn't want to leave. Now my question is....why didn't Mary want to leave too? Apparently Byron could tell that things made get out of hand with the other couple and wanted to leave. I personally think that Mary may be the one with a drinking problem. jmo I also agree that it might be the reason that they have not gotten married. In spite of all of this, it seems that they do love each other faults and all. That's unconditional love. It will be very interesting, imo, to see where things go from here with them.

Remembering that way-too-hot dance she did for Blob in the strip club during his season, I'd say it's a good bet that Mary has a drinking problem of her own. She looked pretty embarrassed about that after the fact, too. Sticking her butt out at Blob and the camera while wriggling her way to a crouch while caressing her crotch and thighs -- and then seeming embarrassed about it afterward -- didn't seem to me like anything she'd do in front of tv cameras sober. But it looked like something she might commonly do drunk. She was awfully good at it, as I recall.

I didnt understand it that well either. Then I read soccermama's post .
    I am guessing it is because of the 911 call. He sounds drunk and angry. He says on the phone that he does not want paramedics to come, only the police. He told the emergency operator that he was not in any danger,
    If he didnt want paramedics and wasnt in any danger, then why call for the police to come urgently? I guess he was angry and wanted to publicly humiliate Mary. Not cool at all.

+ Reply to Thread