+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 134 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Re: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

I assume that they will air the episodes with a mid to late May sweeps finale like they usually do. The writers strike could wreak havoc with the normal schedule. If there are no new episodes of scripted tv, then what would happen to the significance of May sweeps?

BlondieGal - do you remember how much before filming other bachelors were cast? Was it a month before? Some had been cast before the previous show ended. Right now, we are only about six weeks to filming
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2693379;
    BlondieGal - do you remember how much before filming other bachelors were cast? Was it a month before? Some had been cast before the previous show ended. Right now, we are only about six weeks to filming
    Great question jelle. It may vary in terms of when they finally decide on which finalist becomes the Bachelor. We may need to go back to look through Kendra's posts to see when she figured out Brad was the Bachelor. I know that he was picked very late. I assume that they would want to keep it tight so that word does not get out about him.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Jelle, I think the casting of the Bachelor has varied greatly. I didn't sleuth the first 3, so I don't know about them, but I'll list the ones I can recall and the general time they were discovered (before announcements or actual PRs etc).
    Bob was announced during the early summer and I think that might have been in part due to his contact with Oprah and the attention she was showing him. Plus the show was new and more popular then, with 2 success stories (at the time) out of 4.. (Andrew and Trista). Meredith was announced when Bob's bach series ended, but I think sleuthers knew about it before then.
    Jesse's name came out early into Meredith's season, so I would assume he was cast fairly early, like in January or December. Byron's was pretty secretive, because of the 2 bachelors. I don't remember hearing leaks about them very early. In fact, I was just getting into serious sleuthing and I remember there was an extreme lack of info being revealed.
    Now Jen was cast very early. they even hinted at her doing the next show at Jesse's ATFR show (remember she came on that show?). The word was out about an actor (Charlie OConnell) at the start of the year, as Jen's show was just getting underway, so I imagine he was in negotiations back in Dec. or so) and began filming in Feb.
    I know a fellow intern gave hints about Travis back in Sept. or Oct. and his show aired in January 2006. That one was fun to sleuth out who the intern was based on the poster's clues!
    Lorenzo was announced by Chris Harrison in May after Travis's season and aired in Oct. 2006, with the shortest turn around time between filming and the show.
    We know Andy rumors about being the next bachelor came out in early Nov. and then was confirmed at the end of Lorenzo's show. So that should about sum it up.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Thank you cafegirl for sharing your exceptional Bachelor knowledge!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Regular

Ya know, I may change my mind about watching. After all - THEY CAN'T GET ANY WORSE THAN THE LAST ONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2690842;
    Future Bachelor taglines:

Bachelor 12: Brad Womack - Looking for Love Again. Not that He'll Find Any...

Bachelor 13: Brad Womack - Third Time Could Be the Charm, Although We're Getting Mighty Tired of this Crap

Bachelor 57: Brad Womack - Retirement Home Casanova (Don't bother watching, he won't be picking anyone this season either)!!!

The whole office is wondering what in the heck I am doing, because I should not be laughing this hard classifying deposits!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tammommy;2693609;

The whole office is wondering what in the heck I am doing, because I should not be laughing this hard classifying deposits!
    Thanks so much for the laugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked-in-Texas;2693614;
    Thanks so much for the laugh!!
    Thanks!

It's a good thing the boss is out of the office today, or I might be in trouble.

You know....I read in one of the articles, the interview with Fleiss that he is planning a Spring Bachelor and then a Summer Bachelorette....
    With the writer's strike, they might just be trying to push it ahead even faster than normal......

I think I am ready for another, I could use something to getthe bad taste of this one out of my mouth.....but then I am the hopeless romantic, always hoping that they will all last!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2690842;
    Future Bachelor taglines:

Bachelor 12: Brad Womack - Looking for Love Again. Not that He'll Find Any...

Bachelor 13: Brad Womack - Third Time Could Be the Charm, Although We're Getting Mighty Tired of this Crap

Bachelor 57: Brad Womack - Retirement Home Casanova (Don't bother watching, he won't be picking anyone this season either)!!!

Here we've left one off............

New Bachelorette DeAnna and you'll never guess who's in the 25 handsome bachelors vying for her affection!!!!
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

+ Reply to Thread