+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Re: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2747005;
    I wonder what's left for the show in terms of shock value. They've already done every possible permutation between engagement ring and plane ticket and now they've even covered dumping on an industrial scale. I'm fully expecting the next Bachelor to pick both girls at the end and live happily ever after in bigamy, because that's about the only thing left they haven't covered.

Well, we haven't seen -

a) two of the girls falling in love and leaving TB high and dry
    b) TB turning to the camera and saying "this is so lame, there is no way I could fall in love with any of these women" and then all of them just having fun
    c) TB choosing one of the production crew, male or female
    d) The return of F3 or any of the other women he rejected
    e) a true love story
    f) a true love story with an "immediate" tv wedding

I really, really, really love pajamasam's idea - make Fleiss watch Outback Jack. I loved that show and the ending was so sweet. I would watch it again. It was entertaining, interesting, cute, surprising and had the prerequisite good girl/bad girl story line. Vadim was soooo nice to look and listen to as well.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

reneeg

Nice to have you here!

Thank you! I love reading this board and everone's thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2747047;
    Note to networks with no new scripted programming due to the writers strike: Please re-air Outback Jack. Should be cheap to purchase and lots of folks missed it when it first aired. Also, please force Mike Fleiss to watch it before he tapes the next Bachelor.
    Good advice. I also loved Outback Jack, and I liked the idea of getting the women out of the "hollywood mansion" and actually living with the guy so that there was more opportunity for bonding. Fleiss should take copious notes when watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2747143;
    Well, we haven't seen -

a) two of the girls falling in love and leaving TB high and dry
    b) TB turning to the camera and saying "this is so lame, there is no way I could fall in love with any of these women" and then all of them just having fun
    c) TB choosing one of the production crew, male or female
    d) The return of F3 or any of the other women he rejected
    e) a true love story
    f) a true love story with an "immediate" tv wedding

I really, really, really love pajamasam's idea - make Fleiss watch Outback Jack. I loved that show and the ending was so sweet. I would watch it again. It was entertaining, interesting, cute, surprising and had the prerequisite good girl/bad girl story line. Vadim was soooo nice to look and listen to as well.
    Are you only looking at the 11 seasons of the Bachelor and not at the Bachelorette, or does e) mean you don't consider Trista&Ryan a true love story? I mean, they got married and have a baby now... the only thing that could top that would be your f) (and that's only if they actually stay together and don't have a divorce).
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2747295;
    Are you only looking at the 11 seasons of the Bachelor and not at the Bachelorette, or does e) mean you don't consider Trista&Ryan a true love story? I mean, they got married and have a baby now... the only thing that could top that would be your f) (and that's only if they actually stay together and don't have a divorce).
    I was just going by the Bachelor shows, not Bach'ette.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2745796;
    Last season just before Kendra sleuthed Austin, we knew the finalists were down to three and had a handle on one of them. Maybe that is how they cast - pull out three for finalists and don't make the final decision until a week or so before taping.
    By my count, taping should start next week. So they should already have the guy picked by now. Unless ABC was so upset over Brad that they're insisting on making the final pick themselves. That could go to the last minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2745801;
    If they cast a 25 year old, it will make it much easier to cast the women. Most 19 year old women would be more available (than the thirty year olds of past seasons) to take a semester off of college.
    21 year old. Don't forget the omnipresent alcohol! No way Fleiss would miss out on another installment of girls gone wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2745957;
    Isn't this hockey season? Or is Orr injured, sitting out the season and available for winter filming of TB?
    No hockey player can be used for this season. It tapes during hockey season (summer taping for fall airing maybe). Even if injured, no team would allow him to risk reinjury for a TV show.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

FORT Newbie

Saw this post on the D Magazine blog, thought I'd add it here:

Why is Nick Badovinus leaving Consilient Restaurants? One reality-loving FBvian has a (purely speculative) guess:
    I’m an avid viewer of The Bachelor TV show and I know at one point in time they were looking for a chef/restaurant owner as their next bachelor. From the information I’ve read about “Baddy,” he’s sounds like one great guy. Hard working, loves his work, great personality, etc. … Do you think Nick is the next Bachelor?

Great find, ronmaryad. I know that Kendra_k has been keeping her eye on this guy as a potential Bachelor. Last season we heard about four finalists. I am not sure how many we are going to hear about before we find out who the Bachelor is this season.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

ronmaryad, I'd never heard of this guy before. If he wants media attention, I suppose the Bachelor is one way to get some.
    DALLAS In a move sure to rock the Dallas restaurant world -- for today, at least -- chef Nick Badovinus has left the Consilient Restaurant Group as of January 1.

Consilient's roster includes Fireside Pies, Hibiscus, and The Porch.

Badovinus will still consult with Consilient but has already laid plans to start his own company.

"We wanted to get through the holidays and the end of the year, so we hadn't yet made an announcement about it," Badovinus says. The person answering the phone at The Porch confirmed that "Nick is no longer with us after the first of the year," and that, for now, the company has no immediate plans to replace him.

Badovinus' new venture will include a restaurant to be announced as well as "media and publishing" offshoots, which one might translate into possible TV opportunities, cookbooks maybe, and possibly a Web site.

For now, he plans to take a couple weeks and hit the West Coast.
    (Bolding added). Chef Nick Badovinus leaves Dallas-based Consilient Restaurant Group | pegasusnews.com | Dallas / Fort Worth

+ Reply to Thread