+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Isn't this hockey season? Or is Orr injured, sitting out the season and available for winter filming of TB?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2745801;
    If they cast a 25 year old, it will make it much easier to cast the women. Most 19 year old women would be more available (than the thirty year olds of past seasons) to take a semester off of college. Alternately, many wouldn't mind quitting an entry level job to participate in a reality show. And there would be fewer issues with STDs. Win-win.

Seriously - a 25 year old bachelor? Seriously?

If one of the semi-finalists is only 25 then what does that mean regarding the pool of women? I suppose we can expect a group of much younger bachelorettes this season no matter which guy they choose. I do not think they choose different groups of women for each of their semi-finalists. They have a hard enough time just casting the initial group of 25. Bachelor 12 is sizing up to be
    The Bachelor : Coed edition. Goody. They can film it in Austin. Hey ABC! If I wanted to watch MTV , I'd just watch MTV.

Considering the history of the last 11 bachelors, a 25 year - old has as much chance at making a committed success to marriage as the bachelors 30 and over. The success rate for all of them, of course, is precisely zero regardless of age, so I am not at all sure that zeroing in on age is going to sheer up the chance of a successful outcome.

Frankly, I don't think age has much to do with it. A perusal of newspapers will show that 25 year-old men, in love and committed, are married every weekend in big cities. On the other hand, 35 year-old men are still playing around - simply because they can.

Heck....this season I would settle for a bachelor of any age who would at least bestow The Final Rose and at least be willing to call the F1 and see her for a while to see if there is anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2745957;
    Isn't this hockey season? Or is Orr injured, sitting out the season and available for winter filming of TB?
    It is definitely hockey season, and the teams have to assume they'll need all healthy men through the end of the playoffs in June. If this guy is going to be The Bachelor (and since he's only 25, I hope not), it won't be for anything that's filming soon -- unless he's going to be on crutches and devoting most of his time to physical therapy at the same time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2745965;
    Heck....this season I would settle for a bachelor of any age who would at least bestow The Final Rose and at least be willing to call the F1 and see her for a while to see if there is anything there.
    Perhaps this guy (Bach 12) should consider himself lucky. He won't have far to fall, our expectations are so low.

Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2746018;
    Perhaps this guy (Bach 12) should consider himself lucky. He won't have far to fall, our expectations are so low.
    That's true... the only thing that could be worse than anything we've seen so far would be a guy who is like Blob, Jesse and Brad all in one person
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Ain't that the truth!

I wonder what's left for the show in terms of shock value. They've already done every possible permutation between engagement ring and plane ticket and now they've even covered dumping on an industrial scale. I'm fully expecting the next Bachelor to pick both girls at the end and live happily ever after in bigamy, because that's about the only thing left they haven't covered.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Note to networks with no new scripted programming due to the writers strike: Please re-air Outback Jack. Should be cheap to purchase and lots of folks missed it when it first aired. Also, please force Mike Fleiss to watch it before he tapes the next Bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2747005;
    I wonder what's left for the show in terms of shock value. They've already done every possible permutation between engagement ring and plane ticket and now they've even covered dumping on an industrial scale. I'm fully expecting the next Bachelor to pick both girls at the end and live happily ever after in bigamy, because that's about the only thing left they haven't covered.
    Okay, here's a scenario we haven't seen yet: The Bachelor meets one of the girls' sister during the HTD and falls head over heels in love with her.

And just for the record, we have never seen an F1 girl turn down the rose (okay, unless a girl finds out something horrible about the Bachelor, that won't happen.)
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

Just wanted to add that I just hope that whomever Bach 12 is, that he isn't
    1. Fake
    2. a liar
    3. more intersted in himself
    and 4. Gay

above that most anything will do!

+ Reply to Thread