+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 134 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Re: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2736874;
    With all the hot Bachelors lately, and trust me, eye-candy wise, I'm not complaining, but the outcomes themselves have suffered, and it reminds me a little of that line from Sex and the City: "Men who are too good-looking aren't as good in bed because they never had to be."

I think that also applies to having what it takes to commit. So, I was thinking that I could get on board with a hybrid Bachelor/Queer Eye for the Straight Guy type show-- pick a fixer-upper of a Bachelor-- one of those nice, sweet guys that are always passed over for someone more attractive, brush him up a little bit, and then send him out there to meet the women.
    Hmm...the montage of the bachelor's life at the beginning of the premiere hour would show the transformation - kind of like Average Joe, but one man with a purpose..."Find me a wife, Fleiss!" Unless they turned the schlub into an instant attraction hottie, it probably wouldn't fly with the "Bachelor" concept. Can a warty Toad truly be transformed into a handsome Prince?

Though...a slightly above average (in looks) joe (someone who didn't consider himself God's gift to women) with intelligence, common sense and the beginnings of wisdom would work. Of course the remaining ingredients to this recipe for happily ever after would need to be there...humor, consideration, family oriented, adorable (not annoying or messy) quirks - add your own - not going to happen, though. Our fantasies of commited love do not match Fleiss' fantasy of mo' money in the bank.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2737685;
    Though...a slightly above average (in looks) joe (someone who didn't consider himself God's gift to women) with intelligence, common sense and the beginnings of wisdom would work. Of course the remaining ingredients to this recipe for happily ever after would need to be there...humor, consideration, family oriented, adorable (not annoying or messy) quirks - add your own - not going to happen, though. Our fantasies of commited love do not match Fleiss' fantasy of mo' money in the bank.
    That's the fundamental problem right there, because a guy with genuine common sense wouldn't go on this show. I find it funny when any of these narcissistic slabs of meat keep insisting despite all evidence that they're in it to find a wife or the love of their lives. Sure, whatever you say. The last Bachelor I felt had a working brain and didn't really need the publicity or fame, although he did go on the show to promote his vineyards, was Andrew Firestone and I think half the time he was somewhat embarrassed to even be the Bachelor. But of course all this was in the good ole' times before Travis and Blandy.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Hi everyone....Happy New Year!
    I haven't been here for awhile. I needed a Bachelor break! I have no time to read thru 50+ pages. Anyone care to summarize & tell me if we have a date for the new season, or a Bachelor? THANKS!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2737725;
    That's the fundamental problem right there, because a guy with genuine common sense wouldn't go on this show. I find it funny when any of these narcissistic slabs of meat keep insisting despite all evidence that they're in it to find a wife or the love of their lives. Sure, whatever you say. The last Bachelor I felt had a working brain and didn't really need the publicity or fame, although he did go on the show to promote his vineyards, was Andrew Firestone and I think half the time he was somewhat embarrassed to even be the Bachelor. But of course all this was in the good ole' times before Travis and Blandy.
    Thanks for the laugh and Happy New Year's Day to you.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2738435;
    I haven't been here for awhile. I needed a Bachelor break! I have no time to read thru 50+ pages. Anyone care to summarize & tell me if we have a date for the new season, or a Bachelor? THANKS!

The new season is supposed to start on March 17th, so that would mean filming would start mid to late January. There is a Bachelor 12 media thread, and the first couple of posts there give a little bit more specific information.

Here is a link to the Bachelor 12 media thread:

Bachelor 12 Media Thread

The first post is a media release w/the information about the start of the new season.

Thanks!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2739170;
    Thanks!
    You're welcome!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;2738435;
    This is our long and short list of nominated bachelor candidates who are still in the running (and we know about):

1. Patrick, NY
    2. John Borgo, Westmoreland County, PA

Is John Borgo the Cosmo Bachelor from Pennsylvania? It's been so long I can't remember.

Looks like yes! Have you heard something?????
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

+ Reply to Thread