+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Re: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lellis819;2688582;
    In order to finish up bachelor 12 in sweeps in may.....they have to start filming the last week of January through mid march. Then time for their famous editing so the show would air something like this:

Premier: March 31 25/15
    April 7, 2008 15/12
    April 14 12/9
    April 21 9/6
    April 28 6/4
    May 5 Home town 4/3
    May 12 Fantasy 3/2
    May 19 WTA
    May 26 Finale
    May 27 ATFR
    According to TV Basics, May sweeps runs from April 24-May 21, 2008, so maybe we should shift that schedule back a week (plus I can't necessarily see ABC airing the finale on Memorial Day).

March 24 25/15
    March 31, 2008 15/12
    April 7 12/9
    April 14 9/6
    April 21 6/4
    April 28 Home town 4/3
    May 5 Fantasy 3/2
    May 12 WTA
    May 19 Finale
    May 20 ATFR

Unless there's no WTA, or something like that... I suddenly can't remember for the life of me- did Andy's group of girls have one or not? I also don't know what, if anything, this does to the filming schedule.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 11-24-2007 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689089;
    There's an "underground" video that is a sneak peek at the new Bachelor ... it's called "The Bachelor Clause"
    Is this the same video spoof of Santa Claus in the hot tub that was around last Christmas? If it is, it really is funny, but not new.

Blandy's WTA happened at the same time as the ATFR. Only about three or four of the girls participated. They had their say before Bevin took the stage as the F2.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2688879;
    With Bachelor 10, there was only a 20 day break between end of filming and Season Premier.

With Bachelor 9, there was only an estimated 10 day to 2 week break between end of filming and Season Premier!
    B10 had a tight schedule due to the limitations of Andy's naval commitments. B8 & 9 were in Europe, so the schedule was tight since they were so far from Hollywood. B7 was in New York, again somewhat tight. For a Malibu set show, shot for spring airing, I went back to B3 (Andrew) & B5 (Jesse). I'm also estimating a 39-40 day shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2689144;
    May sweeps runs from April 24-May 21, 2008, so maybe we should shift that schedule back a week (plus I can't necessarily see ABC airing the finale on Memorial Day).

Unless there's no WTA, or something like that... I suddenly can't remember for the life of me- did Andy's group of girls have one or not? I also don't know what, if anything, this does to the filming schedule.
    The "Upfronts", when networks pitch their shows to advertisers, are also in May, unless the writer's strike changes that. ABC would want to know where the series stands in the ratings by then, so they can make a decision on ordering for the 2008-2009 TV season. The group dating episodes drop in usually ratings, rising once 1-on-1 dating begins. ABC would like to know the ratings at that point, in time to decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2688859;
    Here you go Lellis, this is a DRAFT filming schedule based on The Bachelor 11 schedule and your approximate start date. Please, feel free to be the keeper of the schedule this season:

Jan 30, Wed RC No 2: 15/12 cut
    Feb 1, Thurs
    Feb 28, Wed FRC

PS: Zinnia, should this be changed to start on January 14th +/-?
    First, January has 31 days. Feb 28 is on a Thursday, and 2008 is a leap year.

Second, I'm changing to a March 24th premiere date. And a Finale date of May 19th. (see above for reason)

Third, the premiere episode takes two days to shoot. The meet, on the evening of day 1. And the first RC, early the next day. Say the 14th as day 1, then the 15th as day 2 (first RC), the rest of the day off, moving into the bacheloette pad and the first date on the 16th.

Fourth, I'm not sure how ABC sees the show. Destroyed by Brad the cad, or rejuvinating viewer interest, enhanced further by the writer's strike cutting competition, with a ratings bonanza ahead. If ABC doesn't like it, the shooting schedule will be tight, and there might not be TWTA (saving money). If ABC likes it, there will be TWTA and expanded episodes. The Bachelor lends itsself to easy expansion (and contraction). 58 minutes? Two hours? No problem. There could even be a two-part episode during the group dating, the first part not having a rose ceremony. (Andrew had one of those.) The outcome, like with Brad the cad, may affect the airing schedule too.

Fifth, given an old-style 39-40 day shoot, the show should start taping around Jan 14th and wrap around Feb 21st. That allows 31 days for the edit. About standard for non-tight seasons.

Sixth, I have no specific info. This is all conjecture based on the circumstances listed above.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;2689189;
    B10 had a tight schedule due to the limitations of Andy's naval commitments. B8 & 9 were in Europe, so the schedule was tight since they were so far from Hollywood. B7 was in New York, again somewhat tight. For a Malibu set show, shot for spring airing, I went back to B3 (Andrew) & B5 (Jesse). I'm also estimating a 39-40 day shoot.The "Upfronts", when networks pitch their shows to advertisers, are also in May, unless the writer's strike changes that. ABC would want to know where the series stands in the ratings by then, so they can make a decision on ordering for the 2008-2009 TV season. The group dating episodes drop in usually ratings, rising once 1-on-1 dating begins. ABC would like to know the ratings at that point, in time to decide.First, January has 31 days. Feb 28 is on a Thursday, and 2008 is a leap year.
    Brad's season was shot in 36 days. It all comes down to money ~ less time equals less money for the producers of the show.

In my above analysis of the last three shows, I was showing the close gaps between the last day of filming and the first date of the premiere. In calculating the next show, it could be anywhere from two weeks back from premiere date to one month back from the first show being aired. There is concern for leak of information, thus the tight schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2689144;
    According to TV Basics, May sweeps runs from April 24-May 21, 2008, so maybe we should shift that schedule back a week (plus I can't necessarily see ABC airing the finale on Memorial Day).

March 24 25/15
    March 31, 2008 15/12
    April 7 12/9
    April 14 9/6
    April 21 6/4
    April 28 Home town 4/3
    May 5 Fantasy 3/2
    May 12 WTA
    May 19 Finale
    May 20 ATFR

You could be right, Missyboxers. These are the start dates of past spring shows ~

Bach 1 March 25th
    Bach 3 April 2nd
    Bach 5 April 11th
    Bach 7 March 28th
    Bach 10 April 2nd

No, there was not a WTA for Bach 10. I understood that the filming would have fallen on Mother's Day weekend, and some of the women did not want to attend for that reason. Therefore, a mini-WTA was combined with the ATFR show.
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 11-24-2007 at 09:26 AM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fan

The quicker we get Drab under the bus the better, i wish season 12 was starting already

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;2689189;
    ...the premiere episode takes two days to shoot. The meet, on the evening of day 1. And the first RC, early the next day. Say the 14th as day 1, then the 15th as day 2 (first RC), the rest of the day off, moving into the bacheloette pad and the first date on the 16th.
    ...given an old-style 39-40 day shoot, the show should start taping around Jan 14th and wrap around Feb 21st. That allows 31 days for the edit. About standard for non-tight seasons.
    A filming schedule guesstimate, per Zinnia's time frame:

Jan 14, Mon: Meet the Bachelor Cocktail Party
    Jan 15, Tues: RC No 1: 25/15 cut
    Jan 16, Wed: Group Date
    Jan 17, Thurs: Group Date
    Jan 18, Fri: RC No 2: 15/12 cut
    Jan 19, Sat:
    Jan 20, Sun:
    Jan 21, Mon: RC No 3: 12/9 cut

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2689149;
    Is this the same video spoof of Santa Claus in the hot tub that was around last Christmas? If it is, it really is funny, but not new.
    Yes that's it. I didn't realize it was from last year. Sorry.
    This year everyone got a lump of coal, eh ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenolife;2686831;
    Yikes. I hope Fleiss doesn't really want to go from the last schmuck to this, er, specimen. I mean not unless he wants what's left of the franchise to go the way of the Titanic.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Mike;2689480;
    The quicker we get Drab under the bus the better, i wish season 12 was starting already
    This just made me laugh out loud!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;2689635;
    This just made me laugh out loud!
    Thanks Doats! Season 11 will go down as the worst train wreck in history of the Bachelor with Drab being named the RAT of All-Time
    Im ready for season 12 to start

+ Reply to Thread