+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Re: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by boomer_lady;2711173;
    Do we know if the next Bachelor will have the same stipulation "freedom not to chose anyone"? Also the word "Soulmate" should be banished from the Bachelor (((lol)))---too easy of an excuse to get out of a tricky situation to explain why no one was picked. Instead the Bachelor should focus on the "Dating" aspect of being F1 instead of a proposal. (Like "Would you date me for a while?" type of ceremony... This way no excuse from the Bachelor will ever be acceptable if he doesn't pick anyone.
    I agree with the word "soulmate" having to be banished from the Bachelor. But I think we should add lifetime, connection, wife, perfect and any sentence with "more than you'll ever know" to the blacklist!!! Oh, and of course any "I love you" from the Bachelor before handing out the final rose!!! Did I forget anything?
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2711191;
    I agree with the word "soulmate" having to be banished from the Bachelor. But I think we should add lifetime, connection, wife, perfect and any sentence with "more than you'll ever know" to the blacklist!!! Oh, and of course any "I love you" from the Bachelor before handing out the final rose!!! Did I forget anything?
    Amazing, connection, journey, awesome, perfect and "you have all the qualities I've been looking for".

Instead I'd like a clause in the contract that allows the Bachelorette to smack the Bachelor if he gives her a self-serving fake speech at the FRC and follows it up with a "but".
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Having a Blast! TooAnalytical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2710863;
    I meant "no rose" as in not wanting to hang with the last girl. Brad probably should have given DeAnna the rose, as she was the last one standing He could have just said "Will you accept this rose as the winner so I can go home." Sort of like Travis and Lorenzo and Jesse and Blob and Jen.
    I want to say that I wish Brad would have just given DeAnna the fnal rose with no proposal, but then what would have happened on the reunion show? I think Brad just wanted it all to end and figured that was a way to do it. They wouldn't have been able to see each other for 2 months while the show aired and DeAnna would have been in love for 2 months. She would be expecting more. But, it sure would have been more soothing for us, the viewers if he just would have given her the final rose.

MsFroggy I agree that not every Bachelor/ette is going to fall madly in love like Meredith or Andy did in 30 days. It would be more likely that real post show relationships would develop if Fleiss would just lose the damn proposal storyline. If the guy or gal were expected to just give a final rose and the couple could walk off (or sail off) into the sunset to really get to know each other beyond the initial attraction, then perhaps there would ultimately be more love stories on this show. I'm sure that Vadim, from Outback Jack , (produced by Bruce Nash by the way - who also gave us such gems as For Love or Money) was not ready to propose to Natalie. Nevertheless he seemed happy enough to spend some romantic time with her. And the rest , as they say, is history.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 12-08-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooAnalytical;2711201;
    I want to say that I wish Brad would have just given DeAnna the fnal rose with no proposal, but then what would have happened on the reunion show? I think Brad just wanted it all to end and figured that was a way to do it. They wouldn't have been able to see each other for 2 months while the show aired and DeAnna would have been in love for 2 months. She would be expecting more. But, it sure would have been more soothing for us, the viewers if he just would have given her the final rose.
    Would have been??? She was... and I think she still is a little bit... she said she's moving on, but Brad will always have a small piece of her heart.
    No, Brad should not have given her the final rose only to make the viewers happy for one day. But he should have left out most of his goodbye speech at the FRC and pretty much everything he said at the ATFR. No wonder she still had hopes if even non-DeAnna fans got the impression in the very end that Brad's feelings for DeAnna were feelings of love I'm really glad she's moving on though! She'll find her prince charming, either on the Bachelorette or in real life... and we can hope for a happy ending until our hopes will be crushed again some time in May next year
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Quote Originally Posted by TooAnalytical;2711201;

But, judging by how upset DeAnna was during the ATFR show, she WAS in love for 2 months anyway, and she just had those 2 months to stew about everything and wonder if Brad would change his mind. Was it any less hurtful to do it the way Brad did it then if he would have just handed out the FR to her and then told her afterwards in private how he really felt? They had no contact at all ATFR, but other seasons where the bachelor chose an F1 they were able to at least talk on the phone everyday. Perhaps that would have been a better way to do it? Perhaps DeAnna wouldn't have been so blindsided then?

FORT Fogey

There's not always an After the Rose show. Fleiss wised up, and if there wasn't a strong couple, there wasn't a show. There was no AFTR show for Travis or PLo because there wasn't a couple.
    Therefore, if Brad had just given DeAnna the Final Rose (no big love or proposal), he would have been free to have told her immediately that he saw no future, or to date her if he wished. We would have been none the wiser. If they had not dated there would have been no AFTR.

Why was there an AFTR show since they weren't dating? I am going to guess that based on Jason's remark that Brad was put in a room and left for hours without any producers stopping to speak to him that the producers decided to make Brad pony up for his decision to reject both F1 and F2 by making him face both of them and answer their questions in the same manner that the Bachelor usually has to answer the F2's awkward and sometimes painful unaswered questions. They knew that DeAnna did not understand his decision based on the way he had talked to her and acted toward her right up to the FRC, and they also wanted to let him know how they felt about him jerking around with their format.

It's jmo but the fact that the producers left him sitting in that room for hours without speaking to him is an action that speaks much louder than the words said to him by Chris Harrison, Fleiss, and others about the job he did as the Bachelor.*

*Disclaimer: I don't think that was the correct or kind thing to do regardless of how they felt about how he handled the FRC. I do think it fits in with the tone of Fleiss's interview about the FRC though.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2710555;
    Blondie - weren't there several who left during Jesse season? They just didn't get a rose at the RC, I think. But after airing a show with no final rose being part of the show (unlike Travis and Jen and Lorenzo - who really were no rose shows also) perhaps Fleiss will let the bachelorettes publically turn down a rose if they want.

Would be pretty hard to get to the 9:6 date and only have four who wanted to stay I don't think that would be allowed
    Yes Jelle, there were several girls that opted out the first night. Mandy Clemens, the cute soccer player from San Diego was one of them (smart girl!). Jesse's show was plain awful. The show made Mandy J and Jessica H (both from Texas) look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kendra_k;2711647;
    Yes Jelle, there were several girls that opted out the first night. Mandy Clemens, the cute soccer player from San Diego was one of them (smart girl!). Jesse's show was plain awful. The show made Mandy J and Jessica H (both from Texas) look bad.

I hung out with Mandy J last Satuday Night by the way. (She was at our bar)... She's doing great and was telling me more stories about the way the producers through her under bus

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2711684;
    I hung out with Mandy J last Satuday Night by the way. (She was at our bar)... She's doing great and was telling me more stories about the way the producers through her under bus
    Your kidding! I loved Mandy J. She's one of my favorites. They made her hometown date look pitiful. They edited her family to appear to be beauty pageant freaks. It was the producer's idea to have her Mom set out Mandy's pageant pictures. Then they set up her fantasy date to be interrupted by "stalker" Trish. Oh my! Jesse Palmer's bachelor show was horrible, simply horrible.

It's good to know that Mandy J. is doing great! Thanks for the info Babyface.

+ Reply to Thread