+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bachelor 11/20/07 ATFR Recap: ABC Roasts a Turkey for Thanksgiving

Re: The Bachelor 11/20/07 ATFR Recap: ABC Roasts a Turkey for Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2685785;
    Right about now I’m guessing Chad has bought a “I’m not Brad” baseball cap, Brad is in hiding (at Bettina’s *wink*) and Chris is thanking his lucky stars he married someone not associated with this show.
    Hilarious! Great work!

Premium Member

Mmm... save me a drumstick. Fabulous recap, roses.

It sure was a turkey of a show, but thanks for the fabulous re-cap as usual. Too much filler and how many ways could Bradmeister say, "I'm just not into you?" Let's hope he doesn't up and marry a soap star!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Roses, I brought down a few quotes which pretty much summed up the season, Fleiss' spin and some good ole' Chris snark...not to mention your own. Thank you for taking the waff(ling) out of the iron and helping us see that the parts not burned, were delicious (sort of).

But Max is simply one of the cutest babies I’ve ever laid eyes on.
    Agreed.

She makes it clear they’ll do it when and where they decide. It suddenly occurs to me that Byron hasn’t spoken one word.
    According to today's news update in the Byron Mary To Wed Thread, this may never happen, now. The Fleiss curse may still be intact.

Tears sting my eyes as the tribute ends with Grandma whispering, “are we done yet?” as she wonders if their taping segment is complete.
    Mine, too.

Chris asks Still-A-Bachelor-Brad to explain what happened, and he says he’s more disappointed than anyone - based on the audience’s reaction, however, I’d guess they seriously disagree.
    Including the gasps and boos heard from viewers across the continent.

Chris asks why he bought the ring if he wasn’t going to go through with it, and Still--A-Bachelor-Brad confesses when he was deciding on a ring he had a gut feeling it just wasn’t right, which clearly doesn’t answer the answer but no one seems to notice this but me. Chris then pointedly asks if Brad feels like a jerk, and he says he does. Brad also admits he “has a few problems.” I’ll say. Aside from the obvious, my guess is he’s going to have a few problems keeping air in his tires from now on.
    Another waff(ling) hot off the iron - this time mostly burned.

“I swear to God above, I thought I was taking the high road,” and audience prepares to storm the stage. Shockingly, DeAnna tells him again she seriously thought he wouldn’t let her walk away from him again - that she honestly hoped he’d leave tonight with her on his arm. Okay, folks. Stick a fork in me, I’m done. Check, please! I’ve got a turkey, thankfully not Brad, in my future and it’s calling my name, so the Rose-o-meter says Ding! We’re out of time.
    me, too.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Thanks Rose for the recap.

I'm just appalled that Brad had the gumption to bring DeAnna's Dad to ATFR. Maybe that led DeAnna to believe that maybe she had a second chance. I wish she asked Brad about why he wanted to humiliate her again in front of the world and her Dad. I feel so bad for her. I also wish Chris pinned Brad on the questions instead of letting him dance around the questions with his canned non-answers ("I can look anyone in the eye..." - must have said this at least five times in 40 minutes).

And given its pathetic track record, Fleiss should stop Bachelors and run only Bachelorettes. Or have Bachelors sign a contract that they must propose on the last day, and maintain an exclusive relationship with their choice for two years beyond the end of the show! Okay ,now you guys can throw stones at me :-)

Great recap Roses....I'm really sorry that this is the last one. You always were spot on w/ your recaps and your snark comments.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

thank you so much for a wonderful recap....too bad you were not the one asking Brad questions.....

Roses, I am bowing down to you as a recap-er. You have consistently taken the high road and have snarked to my heart's delight!! I did not view this program at all this year and relied on the recaps to keep abreast of the happenings. I couldn't believe that he didn't choose even one of them. I wonder if he regretted sending any of the prior ones home. And maybe there will be a Bettina in his future. And maybe he got one of his hometown gals in the mix and couldn't let her go. So, entertainment for entertainment's sake.

I think the show would be phenominal if they would replace Chris with you.... I can hear the comments now! Or, perhaps you could take the final 5 minutes and review the episode, and do the preview for the next episode!

Or maybe we need two hosts, one to deal with the bachelors, and one to hang out with the girls.

Roses you are simply the best!

"Hugs"
    Wiccan
    Romantic Skeptic!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

roses, another brilliant job! KUDOS! I wonder if he really did this show to find love or thought it would promote him/his bars/make him more attractive to women...hmmmm...maybe not, huh?

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast