Closed Thread
Page 70 of 170 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread **MEDIA-RELATED POSTS ONLY**

Re: Bachelor 11 Aftermath Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy;2702035;
    I notice that sitting scene they were looking at each other and slowly going up and down and ended up sitting at the same time. I had to laugh..Ellen played it for all it was worth and Brad went along. You are right, that is good manners.

Brad's manners seem strange to many. I was born and raised in the south, but moved when I was married.

It took me a long time to adjust. I was accustomed to having my door opened. A gentlemen stood when a lady entered a room and waited for her to be seated. Children said yes mam and yes sir, called adults Mr. and Mrs. never first names. I do undersand it's a different culture, but then, I thought everyone was that way. So, I do understand where most of you are coming from, but I also understand Brad's manners. Good for his mother.

My son who is very young, pulls my chair out for me when he and I go to a resturant. He realizes ladies enter first, sometimes I tell him what I would like to order and he orders for me. Sounds strange, perhaps, but the women that is forunate enough to win my son's heart will be very lucky, indeed.
    That is so sweet, Rileymeboy! So sweet!
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Originally Posted by zen4
    Hi Babyface,

ATFR
    "I did make it clear that if a proposal was going to happen, I would not do it without talking to the woman's father. And you guys were gracious enough to fly him out, and I appreciate that..."

"Well," Harrison followed-up, "You ASKED for her father to come out, you asked for him to be there..."

"That's correct, and that just goes to show you that up until the very last minute, I was trying so desperately to make those arrangements to make something happen"

Ellen show
    "What I did say is a proposal was such a big deal to me, that a phone call was not sufficient if and when that proposal would happen... I wanted to look her father in the eye and ask for her hand in marriage. When it got to that day, I was informed that DeAnna's father was flown out. I never one time asked for DeAnna's father to be flow out. Never one single time."

So I know you've explained it before, but can you at least see where I'm coming from. Could you please walk me through what went on (editing wise) in order for the 2 statements to be so different
    Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC;2700794;
    I certainly do see where you are coming from. IMO what happend at the AFTR was an extremely hostile, uncomfortable situation for him to be in and he panicked and he went along with the question because part of it was true. I don't know what to say. This isn't spin control but this is what I believe happend.

I believe yesterday's version. He also talked with the producers before he went on Ellen and they knew what he was going to tell concerning that issue. If yesterday's version on Ellen was a lie... a) I think the producers would have done anything in their power to keep him from lying and making them and there show look bad and b)I wonder if they could sue him for "lying"
    You know what's funny, is when I saw the ATFR, and Brad's response to the Parental Fly-Out ambush questions, my opinion was exactly what Jason later explained, and what Brad himself has now explained.
    What struck me was the "if" and the "the woman's father" in Brad's original sentence/statement.

With Brad's explanation on Ellen ... going by what's quoted above as I didn't see the show ... I can see where they asked him at F2 time if he wanted to call anyone's father, I think he might simply have said what he said on the Ellen show ... "that a phone call was not sufficient if and when that proposal would happen ... " and they flew DeAnna's dad in.

Again, it really was clear to me from the get-go at the ATFR, and confirmed by Jason. It was also clear to me that he was, in a way, trying to somewhat defend himself without outright contradicting Chris Harris, which was courteous of him and he ended up taking the hit because he didn't put all the words in exactly the right order.

Heck ! Has anyone been watching Presidential candidates debates ? They want to lead the greatest Nation in the World ... Brad was on a TV show for 6 weeks. Brad at least didn't want to make a promise he couldn't keep ... as for the politicians ... well you decide.

Hey ... how about a Womack/Carrier ticket ?
    Last edited by echo226; 12-02-2007 at 01:11 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;2701896;
    what were the different regrets?
    On Ellen, Brad said his only regret was telling DeAnna Saturday would be a good day.

On Extra, Brad said his only regret was that he didn't find true love.

Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2701825;
    Jerry from Utah, who didn't spend six weeks in front of film crews (at least I'm guessing he hasn't) and have a bunch of interviews with all sorts of media under his belt, looked way less nervous than Brad in front of the studio audience. Jerry from Utah did a little dance on the way out, did a hand bump with Ellen...now that was relaxed. And, he admitted he hung on to the $2 million check for two weeks just for the thrill of it before doing the right thing. He had a clear conscience and was having fun. Go figure!

And Jerry hadn't been called a jerk on national TV either, it would be much easier to have fun going in when you hadn't had that comment made about you.

And by the way.....Jerry was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2702109;
    On Ellen, Brad said his only regret was telling DeAnna Saturday would be a good day.

Thanks tabby...intersting...so he had two regrets, or isn't one? and if so which one?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;2702115;
    And Jerry hadn't been called a jerk on national TV either, it would be much easier to have fun going in when you hadn't had that comment made about you.

And by the way.....Jerry was hilarious.
    True and true!

It sounds like regret one is regretting something he said, and taking personal responsibility.

The other sounds like the only regret he has about being on The Bachelor ... and regretting something that he hoped for but didn't happen.

Since I didn't see/hear either interview. I'm guessing that the frame for the question was different in the separate interviews. Just incidentally, Brad had been saying in interviews while the show was airing, that he had NO regrets whatsoever. Hindsight and all that.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;2701899;
    I noticed a marked difference in the Brad we thought we knew right about the time that his mother and brothers arrived on the scene. There are also rumors floating around that someone told Brad something about DeAnna that he didn't like. Hmmm.....
    Will you spill about the rumors? Does this have anything to do with the DeAnna/McCarten, Hillary/Jade thing going on in the house? Boy, I hope not. For a whole bunch of reasons, including the cosmic irony that we're being encouraged by some not to believe Brad's post-FRC edit, when it may have been DeAnna/McCarten's edit that did DeAnna in. That would be hilarious if it weren't so sad on one level and truly pathetic on another.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2702135;
    It sounds like regret one is regretting something he said, and taking personal responsibility.

The other sounds like the only regret he has about being on The Bachelor ... and regretting something that he hoped for but didn't happen.

Since I didn't see/hear either interview. I'm guessing that the frame for the question was different in the separate interviews. Just incidentally, Brad had been saying in interviews while the show was airing, that he had NO regrets whatsoever. Hindsight and all that.
    Brad used the words 'only' and 'single' when referring to his regret(s). The context was not as layered as I think you're suggesting. I thought neither the interviewer and the interviewee were delving into semantics; in other words, one meant one.

The interviews are on Jokers; see what you think.
    Last edited by tabby cat; 12-02-2007 at 01:51 AM.

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

BINGO tabby cat...on any given day, (or sadly, in this case on the same day) depending how the moons and stars are aligned, and how the wind is blowing, and what kind of mood he is in that morning when he wakes up...well suffice it to say, consistency does not appear to be brad's strong suit.
    but waffling, sending mixed signals, total change in stance, personality, demeanour, message sent and the delivery, mood, loving feelings in a millisecond reduced to a harsh, cold, callous forever goodbye the next second, inability or refusal to take on any sense of accountability, his attitude of being above reproach, will never apologize even though he just watched ellen do it unnecessarily imo, displays little to no remorse for breaking the heart of at least 2 women he led on to say they loved him..well those sick things seem to be consistent....so i stand corrected. brad can indeed be consistent in SOME aspects of his life. as disturbed as that is. thanks tabby cat
    karey

Closed Thread